• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I'm going to calc the Road Roller feat and the teeth-shattering feat (I'll use stone instead of diamond considering how the Empress works), I think there might be something to support 8-C/High 8-C in there.

The whole coffin scenario was a plot hole in general. I don't understand how DIO took Jonathan inside and got away while Erina also did the same. HOW DID SHE NOT NOTICE HIM IN THE COFFIN?? I'm pretty sure it was chalked up to secret compartment in the anime.

Sure they implied the explosion might kill them, but it also implied they ended up getting hit with the epicenter anyway. That's all that matters. Since they withstood it, they get the durability, and since Jonathan and Jotaro can both deal comparable damage to him everyone gets the attack potency shared around via scaling.

So yes, it is an ap feat too, just via scaling.

If you look at the scan of the explosion you can see how large it is. I would describe the epicenter as the entire room they were in. Also unlike an open space, explosion in a closed one have the epicenter expand towards openings more than propelling its way through the walls.

It was already agreed to in another separate revision, just needs to be added.

What about Divine Sandstorm? Creating a vacuum that stretches at least 10m to reach Joseph (and instantly obliterate a marble Pillar) in a second or two should be a good feat.

I'm going to do a calc post with whatever decent feats I can find.

So far it's a lot of 9-B and 9-A, but I'm sure I'll find something that'll support 8-C.

Remember, just cuz feats are lower does not make them anti feats. If you find something that will contradict a higher rating, please get that calc'd too. At this point both Prof Lord and Weekly have been making valid points and I do not know where I stand.

One other thing that I also wanna bring up is the almost "pockets of scaling" that exist in the various parts of Jojo. Ones where the stand users dont fit into the greater scale of JJBA. Tbh it feels like some weird ass random things like members of Passione with combat applicable stands being so low that by our ratings they would get stomped by Kakyoin. Perhaps there is some way to scale these to the greater chain?

@Iapitus Its not just because theyre lower, its because every 8-C feat is done with significant effort, whereas the 8-B+ feat was done casually, the same exact reason why RWBY was downgraded from 8-A to 8-C

The thing is that stands do not have the same kind of stamina system that many others have. Speaking with stand users specifically, its hard to say exactly what caps off their feats. Lets use Pet Shop and Horus as an example, his stand lets him create ice and shoot it. All that caps off his ability is skill, no kind of stamina or training that will limit or boost his stand. So what exactly separates a casual vs a serious feat is usually hard to distinguish

Like, why doesn't Kira just ******* nuke everything with Sheer Heart Attack's explosions?

Most stand abilities are a general power that does not take extra effort to use. And in the cases that they do take extra effort like Jotaro throwing hands, it's hard to convey or determine. Put it like this, with RWBY, you can generally tell how hard a character is trying. When Giormo is taking 8 pages to beat down a mad doctor, we dont know if he is going ham the same way he does on Black Sabath

Hence why failure to accomplish something is basically one of the only consistent way to determine that they could not do something.

Jotaro probably could have just fisted Kakyoin straight through the chest the same way DIO did, but he didn't. This isn't because Jotaro couldn't, it's because he decided not to. That's an extreme example, but you get the point

Stands themselves are only passively taxing to the user. Once you have it summoned it takes a consistent toll on your body, regardless of whether or not it's in a fight or not.

How do we know this? Avdol explained in part three if you don't have an adequate will to fight then your stand will kill you. Whenever a character near death uses their stand such as Kakyoin or Iggy they begin vomiting blood. When users go to sleep they put their stand away (unless they are expecting a fight, like Kakyoin and death 13) suggesting that it may be too taxing to relax and fall asleep with normally.

Exceptions that I know of are time stops, those have been stated to rely on physique of the user and as such are extremely taxing to spam, unless you're a vampire.

Uh, just gonna say, calcing Pet Shop freezing air gives massive outliers. I just started, haven't added any all the energy to the calc yet, and it's already at Low 7-C.

Not sure where I would start to calculate that Jotaro feat but it seems 8-B from the looks of it. He literally punched the floor so hard it looked like it exploded and created a bunker. Seems casual which is promising.

Reminder if we have two 8-B feats and maybe some not too far from that range then no downgrade happens. It's consistent at that point.

Do you think we can calculate RHCP and his energy consumption? Didn't he have enough to power Morioh at one point? Crazy Diamond managed to damage him at full power so it would scale.

I looked into it and RHCP did state he had got enough energy to power the entire electrical grid of Morioh. I did a quick Calc and it gave me 4999 tons or Low 7-C, as expected.

Someone with free time can bang this one out quick, I assumed Morioh had 1000 people and use as much energy as the conservative Hawaii. I could have done it wrong, im on my phone rn.

Funny enough, assuming my Calc was right this would be four 7-C calculations. Funny Valentine, Petshop, Kars and now RCHP.

UPDATE: I think I did it wrong cuz I redid it and now I get significantly less.

Average household energy consumption in Hawaii, the lowest energy consuming population in the US is 6,061 kwh.

Morioh is a small cozy town, so assuming it has the minimum population to be considered a true town, 1000 people seems fair.

RHCP absorbed enough energy to power the homes and utilities of all of Morioh, so using the previous stats, that would be 60,610 kWh

https://www.convertunits.com/from/kWh/to/to says that comes out to around 50 tons, or. 8-B for a low end Calc.

Is that OK?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back