• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I honestly have to agree with Weekly here. If we're going to use that, it needs to be looked at again, properly.

Half of the old Hellsing feats had (and in some cases, still need) to be recalced and re-evaluated due to how questionable they were, and due to conflicting opinions within the calc group. This case seems no different.

Ant's reply to that blog came several weeks prior to the other calc members finding problems with the calc. It's entirely possible that he didn't even see the faults that arose after his verdict, especially given his workload last year/earlier this year. (And also due to the fact that Wikia doesn't notify people when others comment on a blog they've replied to. For some reason.)

Either way, it isn't going to hurt anyone if we do it over. It's better to be safe than sorry.

What faults? You mean the critisism that it may have been done with digging, but it wasn't?

Go ahead and re calc it if you want, but it flies until then. Find a flaw with it first, however. One question I have tho: does a new interpritation automatically trump the older evaluation if no flaws were found with the first?

@Iapitus Yes, a new interpretation automatically trumps the old one if the old one was found to be inaccurate such as this

We cannot use that calc, the feat needs to be redone and reevaluated

Iapitus The Impaler said:
What faults? You mean the critisism that it may have been done with digging, but it wasn't?
No proof was shown that it was actually done in one shot with no constant force whatsoever. And neither the provided scans nor the same scene from the anime appear to imply this at any point.

If you ask me, that's a fairly major fault right there.

And regardless of that, most of their matches would need to be removed if AP was even a little factor in them.

That's a fair critisism. I'll have to check back over the fight and see. Tho if we are gonna be re doing a bunch of old calc's we should also have someone take a look at Act 4's feat as well

and a side note about the magician's red calc, its not like he could simply set the fire and leave it there. for him to effectively burn down that stone structure is notable in some way. maybe i can hit up the original person who calc'd it and see if he can determine a time frame

Just out of curiosity did anyone ever calc Pet Shop making that giant icicle when Iggy first saw him? The one the size of a car

Gonna pull an Ant real quick:

Someone should contact professor lord, he is a very knowledgeable member when it comes to JJBA

I may actually support this downgrade, let's see where this goes

Someone should calc that as well. While we are at it, Jolyne, Ermes, and Emporio survived falling from a helicopter, which could be a good durability feat for just the users

Not that moment; I remember him "causing a storm" at the moment of Tarkus and Bruford's resurrection, but it might only be a vague memory of mine.

Iapitus The Impaler said:
Someone should calc that as well. While we are at it, Jolyne, Ermes, and Emporio survived falling from a helicopter, which could be a good durability feat for just the users
The best "fall" feat I've seen was a High 8-C one form WH40K.

Falling feats are generally like 9-B. Even that 40k one was from space and with stuff that's extremely heavy.

I would agree with a downgrade if someone were to propose a realistic alternative to what happened after Dio's face was hit by the explosion, and after part of the explosion was beyond the coffin. I disagree with just calling it iffy.

8-B JoJo always seemed off to me. Are there any other feats that support the rating?

Also, I'll call Prof over here.

Oof

I mean Pet Shop has feats that desperately need to be calced as theyre without a doubt tier 8

Making a car sized icicle in the middle of the day in Egypt in the summer should yield some nice results

Also, should I highlight this and change the title? This has transformed in to a massive revision thread and the title is very misleading at this point.

Alternatively, we can make a new thread and highlight that.

Three things suggest Dio got hit by the explosion (and therefore Jonathan)

- In the manga you can see it a couple inches away from his face before it cuts away

- In the anime you can see the explosions surround them before it cuts away

- In the novel (written by Araki, but non-canon) it describes him tanking the explosion

So without a doubt he got hit by it, sometime during or after the event he must have gotten into the coffin, probably to shield himself from fire and debris if possible. Also he got to escape unquestioned that way.

He may not have been DIRECTLY in the epicenter but at most he's likely a meter or two off. Remember, Wang Chan threw himself into the rowing mechanism which was in the very same room they were in. It was on the wall to their east and they were in the center of the room.

Since it was a big ass explosion, the epicenter that we took was likely the size of the room they were in, or at the very least a couple feet away from where they were standing.

WeeklyBattles said:
I'll try to find scans of pet shop's feats if someone wants to calc them or can do it myself in a few days
My computer kinda killed itself yesterday, so helping with these revisions will be rather hard for me, but I can try to find the scans of the feat; I know exactly which one you are talking about

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back