• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If the feat did happen legitimately then its an outlier as they bot explicitly stated it would have killed them on top of them being severely damaged when taking it whereas they failed to survive far less while being in far better condition

"whereas they failed to survive far less while being in far better condition"

What did they fail to survive wich is far less?if you are talking about that time were Jonanthan got his neck snapped by Tarkus it was a not eveen at his strongest.

They stated it wouldn't kill them. But it didn't kill DIO. Feats>statements. Why does it surprise me that WB wants to downgrade a verse that consitently goes up against RWBY :thonk:

Because if a verse is inaccurate its inaccurate and needs to be fixed. Funny youre trying to make this about me being biased to deflect the argument instead of providing an actual counterargument.

Also youre right, feats > statements

No other feat in the verse comes close to this in combat applicable AP that any of the other characters in the verse were able to take and all the other AP feats present in the verse are a full two to three tiers lower throughout the entire series

Plus there is the fact that Dio got a lot stronger after he absorbed blood from a bunch of people in England so thats it would make eveen sence for him to able to do that feat.

Axl233 said:
Plus there is the fact that Dio got a lot stronger after he absorbed blood from a bunch of people in England so thats it would make eveen sence for him to able to do that feat.
He was weaker than ever. And it still wouldn't justify Jonathan's body surviving it.

He was weaker than ever. And it still wouldn't justify Jonathan's body surviving it.

Not he was not,before he absorbed the blood he got messed up just for surviving a burning massion after that he got cutted in half and his intire body incinerated and he was still alive.

Jonanthan also got a power boost from zeppeli tho.

@Axl None of that justifies him suddenly being able to randomly tank an 8-B explosion while severely injured

@Weekly Why do you think its an outlier?

Personally, I don't think its that farfetched. My only doubt is scaling it to the Part 2 cast, but that's my own gripe and is pretty irrelevant here.

@SD Because the next highest feat in the verse is a few 8-C feats that the characters needed to put significant effort into to perform, on top of the characters who tanked the 8-B feat explicitly saying the explosion would kill them while they were also severely weakened, with the feat itself having so many holes in an dof itself you could mistake it for a block of swiss cheese.

Its quite literally the exact same reasoning for the RWBY downgrades: Character consistently needing to put effort into 8-C feats while having a single casual 8-B feat

WeeklyBattles said:
@Axl None of that justifies him suddenly being able to randomly tank an 8-B explosion while severely injured
Aside from the power boost?he could still function as a head just because he dint have his body doenst mean that he suddenly he lost all his durability.

Considering the fact that we just eliminated every other feat that was even close to the boat explosion in terms of numerical data, I think a downgrade would be perfectly justified.

We've done this numerous times whenever there was only one feat justifying a verse's statistics, especially when said feat is contradicted by other, lesser showings. This shouldn't be an exception.

Agreeing with the downgrade.

Now if I can get Spino to agree with the same logic for Percy Jackson I'll have a frutiful crt day.

I know, I just thought it was funny that the characters who were previously considered weaker are now stronger.

Hey that was the case with Kratos (2018), the creator even said that Kratos was past his prime and not as strong as he used to be, yet he has feats as least as strong as and potentially stronger than his younger self if the hype is to be believed

Jonathan received his upgrade from Zeppeli (which he described as giving him all of his strength and life energy, someone may want to pull up that quote) so there's his explanation for surviving the explosion. Dio is immortal.

Also, we're thinking of "surviving" the explosion in human terms. Jonathan is dead and Dio is a vampire. Them surviving the explosion is an 8-B feat, yes, but it is likely if not certain that both of their bodies were severely damaged. They get the rating because it should have vaporized them and it didn't, but they didn't exactly come out of it in one piece. Jonathan would have died a few pages later if he got hit by that while he was alive.

I agree that I this is the only 8-Bish feat then it could be seen as an outlier. If we find more consistency then it of course remains.

Someone may want to see that feat of Kars richocheting him off the canyon walls like twelve times from a single punch. It would be good if we can get a feat off of him, that way we can scale everyone else in Jojo.

Also please check out my revision in the series.

WeeklyBattles said:
Dio changing the weather will likely fall under environmental destruction tbh
Yeah. Unless there is something saying he uses the same energy he used to make the storm to fight (Think mana, the weather being a part of another combat-based ability), it shouldn't count as anything other than ED.

@Prof I can somewhat agree with that. That put, isn't the ship explosion part of a plothole regarding how Dio got into the coffin? Even then I don't think they were at the epicenter of the explosion (they were close, though), so you can't say they took the full force of it; having 8-C dura can explain surviving it with significant injury.

>feats of parting clouds

Preeety sure calcing that would come out as a massive outlier even to 8-B if they're realistically sized clouds.

We allow anime feats when they're also in the manga, or are consistent with manga feats. If he didn't split clouds in the manga we shouldn't use it to base the entire verse's rating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back