• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Johnny Joestar and the Infinite Rotation (High 3-A poll)

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, as this isn't the place to debate. I'm pointing out a real world concept that would act as an explanation. Nice try, though.

Kepekley23 said:
Arguments like that should only be used if they are implied.
Since the effects on Funny are supposed to last forever.

And its literally said "the damage is infinite and should never end" but we can see Funny fine after being hit by it, well, "perfect conservation of energy" is easier to assume than "Funny got hit with infinite Joules and will be hit with them forever".

My main issue with this is that The description saying that Act 4 has infinite rotational energy and infinite damage refers to the humanoid shape. And we can see Funny getting punched by that fella with no outstanding results per se (as in, its not implied at all that the punch was nowhere near infinity).

And, for those saying that the infinite strength is in the nail, well, Funny asks Johnny to hit him with a nail spinning on the opposite directio to counter the previous attack, if the nail had infinite strength behind, Funny would die there and then. And since Funny didnt get hit by a nail before, but punched by Tusk, well, I cant see any logic if the nail countered the punch when they are apparently different abilities.

Conclusion:

Nail and punch's effect is to deliver infinite rotational energy spread in an infinite amount of time, not all at once.

Think of this as Toriko's Infinite Kugi Punch, where the enemy gets hit forever unless they have an energy suppresion skill (and those exist in toriko). The sum of the damage and energy is infinite, but the time is also infinite. And we dont make Toriko High 3-A for that.

I counted votes, Antvasima I left you out because you've changed your opinion twice now and haven't really given a hard vote, only "I think" which doesnt tell me anything.

The logic you're applying is correct but you don't know enough about the series to make an informed conclusion like that.

I've said it at least four times now, TUSK ACT4 (the pink guy) is not the same as the Infinite Rotation.

The description clearly says a Stand ability with the power of infinite rotational energy, not a Stand ability that posseses the power of infinite rotational energy. The description clearly tells us that ACT4 is not the source of the infinite energy. As such, Funny Valentine is not getting punched by a high 3-A attacker, but rather a normal 8-C stand.

ACT4 is only brought out when Johnny musters up the infinite energy. It's shown that they're not the same quite obviously, ACT4 is trailing behind the infinite rotation bullet in this scene, he's not the bullet himself:

Act4ir

Funny asks Johnny to hit him with the infinite rotation because he already shot him with it (it clings to Love Train and ACT4 steps up inside the wave of risidual energy and opens Love Train) and he wants him to reverse the spinning forever effect. And again, getting hit by a bullet with infinite rotation doesn't mean Funny Valentine must die. It's a regular bullet with the capacity to harm high 3-A opponents. It's destructive capacity is rather normal. This whole "they spin forever" thing is a consequence of the bullet having infinite energy, not the cause.

If you want to read more about the IR and Tusk, this chapter, the two previous, and the next two are entirely based on them and the fight with Valentine. It's a lot of information. It's a good place to jump right in and start learning.

I know this wasn't the place to debate and I'm now a hypocrite, but you guys all did it so I figured I'd school you in your own game. We have 14 for Johnny retaining his ranking, 10 against his current ranking.

It is probably best to leave me out of the voting, yes. I am uncertain here, as both sides seem to make good arguments,

I also heavily disagree with voting to decide here. The only reason it was used for the Naruto tier 5 thing is that there were already... three? Four? Can't remember. Still, plenty of threads going back and forth.

Majority should not be used to decide what stays unless absolutly needed.

It's funny because majority was being used to decide what stays and what doesnt in the previous thread, at least two administrators were fine with it.

Honestly since its mostly a matter of linguistics and interpretation, lets just go with what most people can get behind. Ultimately we won't get everyone to 100% agree on something.

And what does it matter if administators are fine with it to me? Majority rules is a horrible standard to me, no matter who disagrees.

Oh, I thought you were trying to enforce something rather than share your opinion. I can respect your point of view then.

"Funny asks Johnny to hit him with the infinite rotation because he already shot him with it (it clings to Love Train and ACT4 steps up inside the wave of risidual energy and opens Love Train) and he wants him to reverse the spinning forever effect. And again, getting hit by a bullet with infinite rotation doesn't mean Funny Valentine must die. It's a regular bullet with the capacity to harm high 3-A opponents. It's destructive capacity is rather normal. This whole "they spin forever" thing is a consequence of the bullet having infinite energy, not the cause."

1) First you suggest that Act 4 got past Love train because it has the ability to bypass hax.

2) You say that it has the ability to harm people with High 3-A durability with no feats close to that since bypassing Love train is "ability to bypass hax".

Yeah, it's fine i it stays. I think it shouldn't, but I definitly see the point of it.

If I had to interpret it, that one part where valentine is freacking out and realizes that it is infinite energy going on made me think that the output just increases the more one tries to escape, since he was mostly fine while underground, but got slapped back otherwise.

ProfessorLord said:
PaChi2 its probably best if you just copy and paste that into the debate thread, this is for voting.
I have serious issues with having a thread for debating and one for voting. I want people to see my arguments, you know.

i feel like the high 3-A should stay. Plus shiroyama is right about the infinite energy. Iirc mugen is infinite and it says that following with energy.

The mugen argument is void when there are zero reasons within context that suggest that its meant to be taken as infinitely powerful attack.

>When you read the Uzumaki series and you are forced into a discussion about spirals

To be honest, I am agreeing more with keeping it now that I've read that part of Jojo. Tough, I think it fits what I described it as more.

could someone give me the run down on why it wouldn't mean that? At the bottom part it also mentions something about the damage as well near mugen and afaik owari nai is = no end/not ending (i'm not 100% shiro probs can give far better context than i can. I just can read)

AFAIK @RedGrave, they're saying the infinite is in the context of the hax portion of the infinite rotation, as in they're doomed to spin forever, hence the infinite.

Read the thread some more, you'll probably understand better.

ProfessorLord said:
@Ricsi is that a vote though?
I stand more for my interpretation (The harder you try to escape the harder it forces you back), if that is what is being agreed on more here, sure.

It obviously doesn't cause High 3-A damage tough.

>"It obviously doesn't cause High 3-A damage"

>Are you voting yes or no in a discussion about removing High 3-A

Ricsi-viragosi said:
I stand more for my interpretation (The harder you try to escape the harder it forces you back), if that is what is being agreed on more here, sure.
I left it unsaid, but if that's the interpretation being argued on, yes.

If this is saying it constantly forces infinite energy on someone at all times, I am beginning to doubt them reading the part where it is actually used.

Aight then, so @Kaltias and @Pachi2 where's my apology at?

Ricsi can you literally just read the poll and tell me which option you are choosing? You said no before, you're saying yes now.

Nobody is arguing the lingering effect of being hit with Tusk Act 4 not lasting forever.

You know, things tend to not be as simply as yes or no.

Because just saying it's High 3-A implies that every cell in someones body is being spun with infinite power, and that just blatantly isn't true for anyone that saw/read it in action.

I think it can go up to High 3-A, but it doesn't push any harder than what is needed to keep someone in place. Whenver this fits the view of either side doesn't really matter.

Apology for what? Pointing out that asking someone who said "this isn't High 3-A" if a feat is High 3-A is weird?

I apologize if that offended you, I was more confused than anything

Okay then take your philosophy to the debate thread, this is for voting on a yes or no matter.

I was confused too, I don't actually want an apology lol.

Yeah, this thread really shouldn't have bneen made yet. Even for Naruto we waited till the thread discussion was full. Regardless, I'll take it there.

We're not following Naruto as an example and having a five thread debate on the matter. If it happens it happens, but @Monarch Laciel decided (and I agree) that it was time to put it to a vote.

Once arguments reach a peak, you just gotta call it to a vote.

Some votes not counted for removing it. Ant's saying Monarch makes sense, for example.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back