• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I too disagree w/ MFTL for the "SBR universe", it makes no sense given everything they showed, everyone struggles w/ bullets.

Was going to say the same.

THE WORLD being as fast as The World based on things unrelated to speed are dogmatic reasons, all of them can apply w/o having anything to do w/ speed because they don't have anything to do w/ speed. They made them have all that alike because they wanted to, poetically speaking, use the character again, but they didn't literally do so and it's a headcanon to claim that it's intended that they have more things alike than what's shown. There's nothing implied or inherit things that must be believed, THE WORLD not being as fast but having those other things be the same just means that, tuns out, that's what they were going for, a perfectly valid reuse of that name, look and superpower while not being 100% the same, it is we that we say that it's 100% the same.
Hmm you just ignored allr eason above, and actually your reasoning is kinda complicated and it's hard to understand.. basically you are saying that's not 100% the same even if they share same abilities, stats, power, etc..
Though, i want to remember that star platinum is the same type of stand of the world, and it's MFTL. TWAU should scale to

Wouldn't necessarily be a random speed. We could create some calcs for any actual speed feats the characters have.
Subsonic or whatever is the speed of normal guns in downgrade case.
Btw as proved above Ball Breaker and Tusk act 4 should scale to Infinite, and noobody scales to them

Whether or not these characters are MFTL, Hot Pants should always scale to Gyro and Johnny based on the justifications in her profile (as far as I remember Steel Ball Run, this should also be the case, she's comparable to most characters in terms of physicals).

Whether or not these characters are MFTL, Hot Pants should always scale to Gyro and Johnny based on the justifications in her profile (as far as I remember Steel Ball Run, this should also be the case, she's comparable to most characters in terms of physicals).
Yeah, exactly

Hmm you just ignored allr eason above
No, I didn't, I find more likely that you just want to put blame on me regardless of if it makes sense.
and actually your reasoning is kinda complicated and it's hard to understand..
It's not, and that's too bad.
basically you are saying that's not 100% the same even if they share same abilities, stats, power, etc..
You're saying it as if that wasn't possible, as if having those things alike inherenditary implies it to mean otherwishe.
Though, i want to remember that star platinum is the same type of stand of the world, and it's MFTL. TWAU should scale to
SP scales to The World in speed because they keep up with each other, not because they're the same type of Stand. Them being the same type of Stand just means they have power and precision while lacking range, then it just so happened that they were a bit more alike than it due to coincidences, them being "the same type of Stand" being the first of them.

You could say that any 2 Stands are the same type of Stand if they do good in some stats and in others not so much, w/o them scaling to those stats.

No, I didn't, I find more likely that you just want to put blame on me regardless of if it makes sense..
how did you come to such a drastic conclusion with just one message? like we are talking if they are 100% the same and we said argument for them above.
You're saying it as if that wasn't possible, as if having those things alike inherenditary implies it to mean otherwishe.
I want be honest, i don't understand the point of this quote.
SP scales to The World in speed because they keep up with each other, not because they're the same type of Stand. Them being the same type of Stand just means they have power and precision while lacking range, then it just so happened that they were a bit more alike than it due to coincidences, them being "the same type of Stand" being the first of them.
The main justificaiton of their powers and abilities is because they are the same type of stands, both in EoH and in canon. the "same type of stand" they are literally that, their stats are the same, they act similiar, and they have the same ability. that's why in non-canon jotaro can overwrite the reallity.
You could say that any 2 Stands are the same type of Stand if they do good in some stats and in others not so much, w/o them scaling to those stats.
I mean, the stats are identical, the jojoveller apprently share the same stats, they have the same look, same ability, same way to act, same poses

how did you come to such a drastic conclusion with just one message? like we are talking if they are 100% the same and we said argument for them above.
Same as how you wrongly figured I ignored all reasons above when I didn't, that conclusion was just as drastic and in 1 one message. And yet you say the same, you have no reason to conclude that I missed any of the reasons above.
I want be honest, i don't understand the point of this quote.
That you are wrong.
The main justificaiton of their powers and abilities is because they are the same type of stands, both in EoH and in canon. the "same type of stand" they are literally that, their stats are the same, they act similiar, and they have the same ability. that's why in non-canon jotaro can overwrite the reallity.
Do not derail with non-canon things, EoH is Mortal Kombat levels of dumb and makes characters say cool canon quotes regardless of if it makes any sense for the characters, story & logic. It's not the "main justificaiton" just 1 justificaiton, in order of logic it's even the least important 1, just supporting evidence. Common sense should have already told you that and I even pointed it out in the other comment.
I mean, the stats are identical, the jojoveller apprently share the same stats, they have the same look, same ability, same way to act, same poses
Not news.

I remember there was a guide saying that TW Part 3 is the same as TW Part 7
Diego's The World is literally the same exact stand as Pt 3's to the point where the author didn't even make new stats in the Jojoveiler because the previous stand already took care of it.

Nearly identical appearance, exact same powers, exact same stats, sounds exactly the same, behaves almost identically, it's the same exact stand.

There's literally tons of statements about SP and TW being the same type of stand. If it weren't, Jotaro wouldn't have his TS ability. Sure there can be coincidences, but them scaling to each other isn't, I might wanna bring in EOH's plot and say SPOH isn't the same stand as TWOH, which states that they do.

I fail to understand why people are using "same type of stand" as an argument.

Pt 3 TW and PT TW aren't just the same type of stand, they're the same stand altogether.

I fail to understand why people are using "same type of stand" as an argument.

Pt 3 TW and PT TW aren't just the same type of stand, they're the same stand altogether.
Pretty much Efi states that P3 TW and SP aren't the same type of stand.

Same as how you wrongly figured I ignored all reasons above when I didn't, that conclusion was just as drastic and in 1 one message. And yet you say the same, you have no reason to conclude that I missed any of the reasons above.
there is a difference here, and that's this
There's nothing implied
There is, TW and TWAU have same stats and they even share the same page on Jojoveller
That you are wrong.
On what?
Do not derail with non-canon things, EoH is Mortal Kombat levels of dumb and makes characters say cool canon quotes regardless of if it makes any sense for the characters, story & logic. It's not the "main justificaiton" just 1 justificaiton, in order of logic it's even the least important 1, just supporting evidence. Common sense should have already told you that and I even pointed it out in the other comment.
Im not derailing tho, EoH respect the original canon, why should it be different? EoH pretty much has jojo references. Also no, i don't find why it shouldn't be the least important, It's the main point of why Star Platinum have the sme speed, strenght, ability, etc.. of the world, and also that's why Jotaro can match Dio, it would be more important because of canonicity, it is the most important factor if we scale The World and Star Platinum. I mean, THE WORLD wouldn't be as fast as The World, but a rat does have MFTL combat speed because of scaling to Jotaro Reactions? I mean, how we know that THE WORLD scaling to The World due to have same stats and basically being the same stands is a false argument? at this point even scaling shouldn't work if we use that logic

I mean, THE WORLD wouldn't be as fast as The World, but a rat does have MFTL combat speed because of scaling to Jotaro Reactions?

Bug-Eaten shouldn't be MFTL to be honest.

It didn't "nearly hit Josuke". It failed to hit Josuke because he reacted to it and blocked its shot.

It hit Jotaro by using ricochet from the rocks, not because it was too fast for Jotaro. Jotaro evaded its shots from dead-on when he used time-stop. He just wasn't counting on the bullets coming back to him.

Bug-Eaten shouldn't be MFTL to be honest.

It didn't "nearly hit Josuke". It failed to hit Josuke because he reacted to it and blocked its shot.

It hit Jotaro by using ricochet from the rocks, not because it was too fast for Jotaro. Jotaro evaded its shots from dead-on when he used time-stop. He just wasn't counting on the bullets coming back to him.
Josuke nearly got hit by it if it weren't for the block from the stand. That should prove MFTL.

And there were scenes that Jotaro was shot not from the ricochet, even if he had TS.

Josuke nearly got hit by it if it weren't for the block from the stand. That should prove MFTL.

And there were scenes that Jotaro was shot not from the ricochet, even if he had TS.
That's because Jotaro can't physically move his body out of the way fast enough after he's been shot already. Jotaro needs his Stand to save him from an ordinary bullet. If he could just dodge bullets as if they're millions of times slower than him, then what's the point of his Stand catching a bullet?

And Josuke's Stand easily countering the bullet =/= the bullet must be MFTL.

Gappy? He scales to Vitamin C who dodged attacks from KQAU who is comparable to KQ.
The discussion is about Bug Eaten and Josuke in Part 4. Josuke8 has nothing to do with the discussion really. Not even Killer Queen should be MFTL. The only possible MFTL characters are the strongest Stands in Part 3 (Silver Chariot, Star Platinum and The World), Pillarmen and some Part 2 characters, possibly GE and Sticky Fingers, KC, GER and maaaybe some Stands in Part 6.

Josuke and Crazy Diamond are far weaker and slower than Jotaro, same for Killer Queen. Koichi himself said that only Jotaro can keep up with RHCP's lightspeed.

The discussion is about Bug Eaten and Josuke in Part 4. Josuke8 has nothing to do with the discussion really. Not even Killer Queen should be MFTL. The only possible MFTL characters are the strongest Stands in Part 3 (Silver Chariot, Star Platinum and The World), Pillarmen and some Part 2 characters, possibly GE and Sticky Fingers, KC, GER and maaaybe some Stands in Part 6.

Josuke and Crazy Diamond are far weaker and slower than Jotaro, same for Killer Queen. Koichi himself said that only Jotaro can keep up with RHCP's lightspeed.
How do they downscale?

I remember there was a guide saying that TW Part 3 is the same as TW Part 7
And I remember something like it being mistranslated to try to make scaling legit. Evidence needs to be shown with the name of the guide and all its kanjis there for anyone to make their own translations.
[1]There's literally tons of statements about SP and TW being the same type of stand. [2]If it weren't, Jotaro wouldn't have his TS ability. [3]Sure there can be coincidences, but them scaling to each other isn't, [4]I might wanna bring in EOH's plot and say SPOH isn't the same stand as TWOH, which states that they do.
None of this matters. [1]It doesn't matter how many statements of that they are. [2]If they weren't somewhat alike they wouldn't just so happen to have the same ability. [3]That is obvious and unnecessary to say. [4]It doesn't matter.
Pretty much Efi states that P3 TW and SP aren't the same type of stand.
I didn't, please do never claim again that I said something w/o linking it and quoting me exactly.
There is, TW and TWAU have same stats and they even share the same page on Jojoveller
It's no progress to say the same over and over, I already said why that didn't matter and it's beyond me if you ignore it.
That much dialogue is completely unnecessary, you are able to see the things back and evaluate them again.
Im not derailing tho, EoH respect the original canon, why should it be different? EoH pretty much has jojo references. Also no, i don't find why it shouldn't be the least important, It's the main point of why Star Platinum have the sme speed, strenght, ability, etc.. of the world, and also that's why Jotaro can match Dio, it would be more important because of canonicity, it is the most important factor if we scale The World and Star Platinum. I mean, THE WORLD wouldn't be as fast as The World, but a rat does have MFTL combat speed because of scaling to Jotaro Reactions? I mean, how we know that THE WORLD scaling to The World due to have same stats and basically being the same stands is a false argument? at this point even scaling shouldn't work if we use that logic
You keep claiming that that's the case for no reason when it was already explained that it wasn't and the why of it, it is derailing and unnecessary slow. The rat at least has feats and is from the same universe and context as the rest of the characters. Stand stats don't give concrete stats but distributions of features on stats over ill-defined and variable standards. "Even scaling shouldn't work if we use that logic" makes no sense at all.

And I remember something like it being mistranslated to try to make scaling legit. Evidence needs to be shown with the name of the guide and all its kanjis there for anyone to make their own translations.
I will not argue, I am without my computer. It was just a comment to see if anyone else remembered about it

We have translatior theard for a motivation, you can take the scan and ask for the translation
It's no progress to say the same over and over, I already said why that didn't matter and it's beyond me if you ignore it.
OK then,
They made them have all that alike because they wanted to, poetically speaking, use the character again
You used an assumption for prove another assumption is wrong, the rest of the message builds on the previous words. also that dosen't debunk a "Possibly Massively Faster than Light"
That much dialogue is completely unnecessary, you are able to see the things back and evaluate them again.
actually it would be your job to reformulate, this a pseudo burden of proof, but it's about the explanation not the proof itself
btw i got what you said, Im not saying it's impossible, but I am saying that the fact that TW and TWAU can be compared is not to be ignored, aka this is False Dichotomy. and even if you agrue that i did that too, then you did The Fallacy Fallacy.
You keep claiming that that's the case for no reason when it was already explained that it wasn't and the why of it, it is derailing and unnecessary slow. The rat at least has feats and is from the same universe and context as the rest of the characters. Stand stats don't give concrete stats but distributions of features on stats over ill-defined and variable standards. "Even scaling shouldn't work if we use that logic" makes no sense at all.
Argument and nauseum + Argument for Ignorance + False Dichotomy and according with your reasoning you also did Hasty generalization fallacy
I think I made myself clear

Last edited:
I definitely agree with MFTL Hot Pants. Clearly portrayed as on par with Johnny and Gyro, which is shown right in her profile.

Dude, did you read what Araki wrote? Did you miss the part where Koichi said that ONLY Jotaro can handle lightspeed?

Yeah, Josuke being MFTL is PIS.
I disagree, the same lore is that Star Platinum is the strongest stand and with most powerfull ability, however got stomped numerous time by a rat, SHA (and there he was serious), etc..
also in Part 6 they call it the best ability ever, meaning he above rtz? no, just no.

Back