• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

JJBA possible AP downgrade revision.

CrossverseCrisis

VS Battles
FC/OC VS Battles
Retired
So i was talking to this new guy by the name of SpecN yesterday explaining why Dio Brando's AP was different from the respect thread that puts DIO and his stand at Small Building level(at singular strikes) with Multi Large Building level in barrage attacks (time stop damage accumilation gets DIO at like Multi City level with his 11 second TS).

Now keep in mind that the respect thread has everything right(such as DIO's regen, The World and Star Platinum being FTL+, Dio being FTL for deflecting Hierophant Green's Emerald Splash(he becomes FTL+ by being able to keep up with SP w/o using his Za Warudo), etc.), the only thing that's different is that Dio(and by extension his and Jotaro's stands) in that Respect thread are Small Building level to Multi Large Building level.

Now there's the off question of "what about Tarkus Cliff busting feat that makes him, Dio, and Jonathan plus the Pillermen, Joseph and Caesar City Block level then?". Well while talking to SpecN still, he showed me a calc of Tarkus cliff busting that makes him only Half Small Building level(is that even a thing? Half Small Building level?).

Now there's more from AnimeVice that i can show y'all on but my main question on making this was: Did we made the JJBA characters AP a bit higher than what they should be capable of doing and should they get a downgrade based on this or should we keep them the way they are?

Thoughts? Opinions?

Edit: here are more calcs that may tell us on weather we should downgrade the JJBA verse or not. They are only from Parts 1 and 3 though but i think they can be used for parts 2 and the others as well.

SaikouTouhou said:
If that's legit, rip Dio being able to beat Sakuya, I don't even know why he did at all but eh.
Keep in mind they are from like this year and from a couple months or so ago.

I honestly have no clue wether the downgrade calc is accurate or not, but if it is, then I guess I am fine with the downgrade.

Sheoth said:
I honestly have no clue wether the downgrade calc is accurate or not, but if it is, then I guess I am fine with the downgrade.
Well as much as i like JJBA, i'm also fine with the downgrade too. I just need anyone from the calc group that can check this out to see if any of this is accurate or not.

Why exactly Star platinum, The World FTL? The only thing i remember suporting such speed is a "card" that says so when there's no feats, and crazy diamond is stated to punch at 300m/s

Gabriel 00 said:
Why exactly Star platinum, The World FTL? The only thing i remember suporting such speed is a "card" that says so when there's no feats, and crazy diamond is stated to punch at 300m/s
Well apparently "Word of God" from Araki has stated that Star Platinum is Faster than Light. That and there's a bunch of other calcs that put pretty much put them at least Speed of light or above.

CrossverseCrisis said:
Gabriel 00 said:
Well apparently "Word of God" from Araki has stated that Star Platinum is Faster than Light. That and there's a bunch of other calcs that put pretty much put them at least Speed of light or above.
My point is, there are a lot of moments that FTL speed would have come in handy, like that water stand in the desert(part 3), jotaro outruning hierophant green tentacles, the insect stand in the airplane(part 3). I like JJBA but FTL jojo seem wrong.

Gabriel 00 said:
CrossverseCrisis said:
Gabriel 00 said:
My point is, there are a lot of moments that FTL speed would have come in handy, like that water stand in he desert(part 3), jotaro outruning hierophant green tentacles, the insect stand in the airplane(part 3). I like JJBA but FTL jojo seem wrong.
I can understand too. But that's just what people seem to take(especially the WoG thing from Araki). Hell i would have been fine if Jojo stands were slower but there are calcs that put them at such levels of FTL speeds(Then again, Star Platinum was only stated to be FTL in Part 6. I'm not sure if SP was anywhere even near that level in Parts 3 let alone 4).

Also, the downgrade here only point towards the stands(ex. Star Platinum and Za Warudo), DIO, and i guess even Tarkus's AP level. Everything else(yes, even the speeds of the stands) seem fine as far as i know.

Well, tarkus being Small Building doesn't look bad, i mean, Part 1 DIO is way more powerful than Tarkus (obviously), it's reasonable to Part 1 DIO be Large Building or City Block.

The calc should be checked by someone of the calculation group.

Star Platinum is FTL in Part 3. It kept up with Silver Chariot, who iirc was fast enough to intercept a stand that traveled as light.

Dio's AP is based on FTL jojo, seems like the author just used a lot of drugs and though: "you know what? i'm gona meke jojo's FTL"

Well, I think that the calculations seem legitimate, but I am not the best to evaluate. You should probably ask DontTalk, Illuminati, Kkapoios, ClassicGameGuys, and possibily Gallavant and Rib (but they don't seem active anymore) about it.

@Magi: That's what i'm trying to tell Gaberial about it. Heck the calcs actually even include the FTL or higher stats/calcs of stands such as SP and Za Warudo.

Hmm. I don't think that just because several characters have a maximum rating necessarily means that they are of the exact same level.

Antvasima said:
Hmm. I don't think that just because several characters have a maximum rating does not necessarily mean that they are of the exact same level.
That's also another good point, actually. Personally, i find those in the A to be from LS to FTL+ range, though i that seems to be more of the B range but i can't say for sure.

That and FTL is a kind of short yet still broad speed range.

Sorry, I inserted two "not" into one sentence. There should only have been one.

That's fine. Regardless everything checks out fine here except for the AP part which i'm still waiting for DT, KK, or anyone from the calc group to check this out.

whatut the original calcs, where are they and how were they made, as it is its only half the picture for me, i can't decide without seeing the original calcs that have put JJBA in the level they currently are...

Hmm...that's the first time I've seen the speed of Stands being disputed this frequently, I thought it was clear?

Anyway, Silver Chariot cut down a beam of light and repelled lasers from The Sun, Star Platinum was stated to be FTL by Hirohiko Araki himself, Tusk ACT 4's bullet chased down Funny Valentine across several parallel universes (Making it, the bullet, MFTL++), The Hanged Man, with a rank of A in speed, moves at the speed of light, etc.

Of course, rank stats are NOT fixed. For example, Crazy Diamond & Red Hot Chili Pepper are faster than / as fast as Star Platinum, and yet, The Hand, with a rank of B in speed, managed to tag them quite a few times in direct combat.

And that was but one example.

The Downgrade stuff sounds outdated...But the states they have are might be outdated too.

If we agree with this, Make Sure Jojo fanboys don't get all pissy at us.

Fanboys are still an issue on this site? You'd think they'd finally mature and not get heated over fictional characters after 3 years since the birth of this community. But I suppose it's an inevitability, unfortunately.

SpecN said:
Hmm...that's the first time I've seen the speed of Stands being disputed this frequently, I thought it was clear?
Anyway, Silver Chariot cut down a beam of light and repelled lasers from The Sun, Star Platinum was stated to be FTL by Hirohiko Araki himself, Tusk ACT 4's bullet chased down Funny Valentine across several parallel universes (Making it, the bullet, MFTL++), The Hanged Man, with a rank of A in speed, moves at the speed of light, etc.

Of course, rank stats are NOT fixed. For example, Crazy Diamond & Red Hot Chili Pepper are faster than / as fast as Star Platinum, and yet, The Hand, with a rank of B in speed, managed to tag them quite a few times in direct combat.

And that was but one example.
I'm not saying there is no FTL stand, but stands like star platinum, the world, crazy diamond wich are almost equal in terms of Speed, strength and durabillity don't seem like FTL. The laser attack from The Sun could be plasma. Speed in jojo seems inconsistent

"don't seem like FTL." Perhaps an elaboration is in order? How many characters in fiction are actually portrayed to be as fast as they actually are? Thousands upon thousands of fictional characters in manga move beyond the speed of sound frequently and not a single one of them generates a sonic boom no matter the size. Surely, your concerns are different.

I won't argue what The Sun shot was.

JoJo, like any series, has its consistensies, but you must learn where they actually count. This is taken for granted, but the series is littered with Relativistic+ - FTL+ reaction feats, and I'm not taking part 2 into account.

"How?" You may ask? Well, consider this. For every time a group of A/B-Level Stands fight, the human observers, by being able to percieve their movements, to whatever extent, mean that they have Relativistic+ - FTL+ reactions. And since most Stands are not autonomous, they are manually controlled by their users whose reaction speeds are Relativistic+ - FTL+. That's another way to look at it.

Plus to all of y'all that has commented here, the downgrade ONLY applies to their AP.

Everything as far as i know is fine. The stand speeds are fine, Dio's regen is fine, Za Warudo and SP having the same abilities is fine, everything but the AP is alright.

SpecN said:
"don't seem like FTL." Perhaps an elaboration is in order? How many characters in fiction are actually portrayed to be as fast as they actually are? Thousands upon thousands of fictional characters in manga move beyond the speed of sound frequently and not a single one of them generates a sonic boom no matter the size. Surely, your concerns are different.
I won't argue what The Sun shot was.

JoJo, like any series, has its consistensies, but you must learn where they actually count. This is taken for granted, but the series is littered with Relativistic+ - FTL+ reaction feats, and I'm not taking part 2 into account.

"How?" You may ask? Well, consider this. For every time a group of A/B-Level Stands fight, the human observers, by being able to percieve their movements, to whatever extent, mean that they have Relativistic+ - FTL+ reactions. And since most Stands are not autonomous, they are manually controlled by their users whose reaction speeds are Relativistic+ - FTL+. That's another way to look at it.
I'm talking about picking the best feat and ignoring the rest of the series, like i said before during part 3 the water stand in the desert FTL reactions would be a big help, jotaro avoiding hierophant green tentacles.

Actually, this is more for the sake of versus threads(this isn't an argument for speed downgrade), because if you put a character with the same AP as Star Platinum, SP is more likelly to win due to massive speed advantage, and if you put a character with the same speed they get planet busted.

Well, both Geb (the water Stand) and Hierophant Green's speed rank is B, LS - FTL. So it is consistent for the most part, and like I said, stats based on ranks are not fixed.

I'm not talking about rank inconsistency, but speed in general. I highly doubt the author make Geb to be FTL and josuke himself stated that crazy diamond punches at 300m/s. I'm not saying that there's no FTL stands but for me SP, The World and the others aren't

@Gabriel Well, consider this: Ever since Vento Aureo a few things have been retconned in JJBA such as what Stands are (First, they were introduced as advanced manifestations of Hamon, then as Psychic energy, then, as manifestations of the user's soul.), so it could be that the WoG regarding SP being FTL in Stone Ocean is also a retconning of the speed of A-Stands.

@Alpha71 There's a calc for that too, apparently, it's Multi Large Building-Level: http://animevice.boards.net/thread/1961/jjba-high-priestess-diamond-teeth?page=1

And here I was hoping we'd finally get an answer, it's already been over a week, tush tush.

@crossversecrisis Is the calc group even active?

SpecN said:
And here I was hoping we'd finally get an answer, it's already been over a week, tush tush.
@crossversecrisis Is the calc group even active?
Not unless i show this to the calc members.

@DontTalk: Hey DT, can you please take a look at the calcs linked in this thread? Are they legit or not?

Back