• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Jirachi's Fate Manipulation

The_real_cal_howard

Read my comic
VS Battles
Retired
Normally, I'd just add an ability because it's just an ability, but this seems important.

So, in Explorers of Sky, during a sidegame prequel Bidoof wishes on Jirahi to have new rookies underneath him as new friends. Shortly after, the events of the game transpire, which starts with the main protagonist and his partner joining as rookies.

That sounds a bit too much of an extrapolation.

Jirachi could've done any number of things than manipulate fate itself to do it.

I mean, jirachi is a wish granting pokemon. Even if it has Fate manipulation, it can only access it if someone makes a wish. I'd leave it as Reality Warping and mark this feat.

What Professor said. We don't treat most wish granting characters like their powers only activate under a wish (i.e: Shenron, Porunga, Genie, Jafar, Cosmo, Wanda)

Well, Jirachi hasnt shown reality warping besides wishes that I know of.

But whatever.

Well, we know that Jirachi can use his abilities without the need for someone to make a wish:

"A Wish Pokémon. It's said to awaken for seven days once every thousand years, with the ability to grant any wish asked of it. It is truly a Pokémon of which dreams are made. In combat it uses its wish power to attack. Its attack, Doom Desire, which causes light to rain down from the heavens to do tremendous damage, is especially powerful."

"Since Jirachi is only awake for seven days every one thousand years, it's an even bigger sleeper than Snorlax! It can't just be sleeping the whole time, though. It's probably hard at work deep in the land of dreams, strengthening its ability to grant people's wishes. If it detects danger while asleep, it can fight without even waking up!"

The Everlasting disagreed, and does have a point.

Again, The Everlasting disagreed, and seemed to make sense.

Yes but we (or at least Cal) brought up a counter answer for that, Jirachis Doom Desire move being described to control destiny and it never got questioned after that.

Back