• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fujimaru Ritsuka Supernatural Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, just recently finished to watch Fate Samurai Remnant and while Iori is certainly amazing, I felt the desire to show some appreciation for Ritsuka so I'm posting this idea I had since long ago.

Up until this this point the story of Fate Grand Order have come really far, with the game runing for more than 8 years and hundreds of hours of story, so it's normal that after so much time the protagonist of the game who played a key role in all of that accumulated a series of feats, this time my aim is to show some of those feats, specifically ones related to his abnormal luck that let him survive through any imaginable type of disaster and enemy he have faced.
At the beginning of Arthur's Trial Quest the protagonist Ritsuka got separated from the rest of Chaldea and encountered dangerous monsters that were going to kill him, and in such hopeless situation a new servant appeared out of nowhere and saved him, this servant was Arthur Pendragon, a servant who travel between universes and just casually happened to appear in front of Ritsuka at the right time when he was going to die, and yes this was completely unintentional as Arthur didn't know the protagonist nor is able to control his ability to travel between places. It could also be argued that this was some passive fate protection the protagonist have as Arash (someone who knows Arthur) said that the fact that both encountered was fate, as well as the fact that Female Merlin told Arthur that his travel was the Grand Order, and Romani in 2018 predicted that Arthur was going to meet the one who saved humanity.

Despite how absurdly nonexistent are the chances of meeting a dimensional traveler (who is unable to control his teleportation powers) in a dangerous situation are, this is something that have happened more than once to Ritsuka, as their first encounter with Musashi was such a thing were she warped before Ritsuka and saved him from imminent danger as some close onis were going to make Ritsuka their slave. Something similar happened in Shimousa, when Ritsuka suddenly got transported to another place but Musashi coincidentally saw him falling from the sky and saved him purely on instinct. Then there is the example in Lostbelt 1, when surrounded by an big horde of enemies and moments before one of them reached Ritsuka, Musashi just appeared out of nowhere to save him once again, is also important to note that her appearance at this moment not only saved him at that time but was also quite important to defeat the tier 1 enemy of this chapter as she possess an attack capable to grietly injure an enemy of that level. And lastly, Musashi also saved the protagonist butt in Lostbelt 5.2, Olympus, when she appeared at a moment of danger and defeated the enemy, and who would have guessed but Musashi also had a key role to defeat the ultra dangerous tier 1 enemy of this chapter as she just coincidentally had the literally perfect ability to deal with the situation and save the protagonist group.

And since I already mentioned Lostbelt 1 I could may as well also bring to attention another extremely lucky thing that happened to Ritsuka there, and that was that from all the hundreds of servants he already had a bond and the other tons that exist, he just summoned one perfect for the whole disaster, an ultra versatile servant able to do a lot of stuff with almost no resources, something crusial for the situation they were, and who coincidentally also possessed a way to fight against a tier 1 being like the last boss of that chapter. Through the story there are several instances were Ritsuka just so happen to summon an ideal servant for the whole situation he face, but this case with Avicebron is one that I never forget due to how really perfect he was for that Lostbelt.

Continuing with another Lostbelt, I want to mention Atlantis, were Ritsuka group was put in an absolute checkmate, they were surrounded by armies of strong enemies at all sides, with gods targetting them and even a massive satellite laser getting fired against them (the name of this story chapter "Crisis After Crisis" for a reason), then through a really miraculous chance (the story chapter is literally called "Impossibly Miraculous") they somehow survived but got separated, then Ritsuka got ashore while drowning and just casually at that moment a servant found him due to coincidentally getting lost, an act that meant so much to Charlotte that she decided to give her everything to help him. Also, if that wasn't lucky enough shortly after meet Charlotte both got surrounded by dangerous beasts and Ritsuka was saved yet again by another new servant that just appeared out of nowhere, and surprise that servant was also a key figure to defeat one of the big boss of that Lostbelt. After their meeting, Charlotte played an very important role as she killed the enemy commander (Odysseus, who btw was hella strong and smart) due to coincidentally possess an perfect trait for the situation, something that she was only able to accomplish thanks to the immense love she felt for Ritsuka, a love born in good part from that action of saving his life.

Everything said, however, it should be mentioned that there exist some times when Ritsuka survability wasn't enough and he ended dying against tier 1 entities, but even in those situations he somehow was able to come back thanks to events beyond his control, like in SE.RA.PH when he was killed by Kiara but ended resurrecting due to Melt traveling back in time, should also be noted that even though she traveled back in time, things were for some reason different and Ritsuka had more allies than in the original events, so in a way that even Melt don't understand Ritsuka now was better prepared to face SE.RA.PH. In Saber Wars 2 where he got killed, a character that he didn't even meet in the whole event until now and who was on top dead since long ago, resurrected him by creating a time loop that would let him try again until he could beat Astarte Origin, or in Space Ishtar San Valentine event where he just got killed two times (technically three if also counted the option of doing nothing) and yet again in both ocassions a unreleated character randomly manipulated time to restart the day and let Ritsuka find a way to not die. The point of all of this is that, even if his luck isn't enough to prevent him from die, he regardless is always able to survive and defeat the enemy thanks to outside forces that just appear out of nowhere to help him.

Lastly, at this point this doesn't matter much, but even in-verse is acknowledge that he have survived countless times by luck alone, that he have kept alive by the devil's own luck, something further supported by a later showing in that same Lostbelt as he avoided having his whole group poisoned by pure coincidence in a enemy trap.

So all in all, Ritsuka have go so many abnormally lucky events that he should have supernatural luck listed.

For the page:
Being lucky or unlucky in itself is not enough to have this ability - a character's exceptional luck must be a real ability or supernatural aspect of them.
Don't imply his luck need to be a actual ability? Because all this could be considered just plot armor.

Oberon statement really don't prove anything, since he most likely being sarcastic, is not like he is refering as some kinda of supernatural power over luck Ritsuka have.
It's not sarcastic when that's literally what happens, impossible lucky events happen that let him survive through anything, I even brought as example the Atlantis case where all the things that happened so Ritsuka survived were so dumbly lucky that the chapter itself it's called Impossibly Miraculous, on top of another lucky event after that statement to further show how abnormal his luck is (as he prevented his whole party from falling in a deathly trap by pure coincidence).

At one point certain things become an ability and Ritsuka have long ago reached the point where his abnormal luck to survive have to be acknowledged.

It's not sarcastic when that's literally what happens, impossible lucky events happen that let him survive through anything, I even brought as example the Atlantis case where all the things that happened so Ritsuka survived were so dumbly lucky that the chapter itself it's called Impossibly Miraculous, on top of another lucky event after that statement to further show how abnormal his luck is (as he prevented his whole party from falling in a deathly trap by pure coincidence).

At one point certain things become an ability and Ritsuka have long ago reached the point where his abnormal luck to survive have to be acknowledged.
I see🤔

Sorry for the delay, i was busy with midterms and now i can get back to my evaluation request.

This is pretty straightforward and since you already have 3 staff + overall approval you can apply this.

Sorry for the delay, i was busy with midterms and now i can get back to my evaluation request.

This is pretty straightforward and since you already have 3 staff + overall approval you can apply this.
Already added the ability, so if there is no problem please close the thread.

Hope that in the future when I try to revise the profile things go as smoothly as here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back