• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Jinbe Ut to H 6-A

A mark on Big Mom's face like that which is also gone again the very next time we see her is not good grounds to say Jinbe is High 6-A.
A bruise on Big Mom's face, you don't need to be disingenuous, that's literally the same way all bruises are drawn in the colored manga. Also the next time we see her is 3 chapters later where an entire battle between the mink army and the beast pirates took place; not really a good argument for it to be considered inconsistent.

Does Jinbe have any ither potential High 6-A feats besides the shoulder throw?

I don't consider him pushing BM off the ship to be one since it didn't actually damage her.

Narratively it does make sense for him to be High 6-A ig, he is sort of being treated these days as on a similar level to Zoro and Sanji (like a new monster trio below Luffy)

Narratively it does make sense for him to be High 6-A ig, he is sort of being treated these days as on a similar level to Zoro and Sanji (like a new monster trio below Luffy)
Narratively, absolutely (I still remember King getting pissed when I said Jinbe wasn't above Sanji a while back).

The issue is that he lacks High 6-A AP feats, which is a shame since his abilities are so cool and interesting that I could make quite a few OP High 6-A matches with him

Wasn't Who's-Who one of the strongest Tobiroppo? He had the highest bounty, and implied he was confident he could take on an All-Star. I'm sure we could reasonably upscale him from Page One(Who could harm Sanji), Ulti(Who held back Luffy), Black Maria(Who believed she could kill the Scabbards after Kaidou injured them). He was also the most respected amongst them, and Drake believed the two of them together could kill Queen.

Jinbe could scale from this, but it would likely be a Possibly rating.

Wasn't Who's-Who one of the strongest Tobiroppo? He had the highest bounty, and implied he was confident he could take on an All-Star.
We DO NOT do confidence scaling (asides from a few, few exceptions that have a lot of backing behind them) for One Piece.
He was also the most respected amongst them, and Drake believed the two of them together could kill Queen.
Ehhhhhhhhh

We DO NOT do confidence scaling (asides from a few, few exceptions that have a lot of backing behind them) for One Piece.

Ehhhhhhhhh
Wait, since he's a Tobiroppo, and the Tobiroppo are the strongest Shinuchi, and Basil Hawkins is a Shinuchi...

Would that imply they're stronger than Hawkins, or no?
That's not confidence, that's an actual statement in-universe.

Completely different.

And they only scale above Base Hawkins since scaling to Hawkin's High 6-A DF would make zero sense and break scaling so hard.

That's not confidence, that's an actual statement in-universe.

Completely different.

And they only scale above Base Hawkins since scaling to Hawkin's High 6-A DF would make zero sense and break scaling so hard.
High 6-A Usopp >>>>>>>> your verse

As for G2nd and Wadatsumi scaling, Jinbe was likely being very casual and restraining himself against G2nd.

Him being High 6-A is supported by Eustass Kid (and IIRC Law too) both kinda freaking out for a second when they realize Jinbei is joining the Straw Hats, since they're both like ("This guy's gonna join Luffy's crew?! Oh shit!")

Him being High 6-A is supported by Eustass Kid (and IIRC Law too) both kinda freaking out for a second when they realize Jinbei is joining the Straw Hats, since they're both like ("This guy's gonna join Luffy's crew?! Oh shit!")
That's because of his reputation as a Warlord. It's not indicative of him being High 6-A.

That's because of his reputation as a Warlord. It's not indicative of him being High 6-A.
This is the same Kid who, when he sees an opportunity to fight Big Mom and Kaido, guns for it.

Not saying Jinbei is equal to Kid but the mere fact that Kid and Law view him as a powerful force is a decent supporting feat, although it can't be used unless we can find some actual High 6-A AP feats for Jinbe (his 2 Scabbard-level durability feats seem good).

Like I said earlier I imagine that he will definitely become High 6-A by endgame, I don’t see him being anything less than maybe a WB commander tier.

Two years before the series started
He was able to fight Ace quite closely in five days and later Ace became stronger in a short time and enough to inflict minor injuries to white beard
During the Marineford Arc
Pre-WB Ace doesn't scale to the god tiers. He was getting consistently one tapped by a half-asleep whitebeard
Jinbe returns to help Luffy He enters a fight with Mihawk. in a short time and Jinbe defends Ace from Akainu's attac
and can withstand Akainu's attacks without dying.
A Blow meant for an already dead Ace. Also Jinbe's arm was effectively fried in that one shot despite the water guard.
Jinbe showed his strength in front of Bigmom. He wasn't even one millimeter afraid of Bigmom On the other hand, Bigmom's Fear Aura or Haki can torture even Luffy and others.
Confidence =/= strength. Luffy was puffing his chest up for the entirety of whole cake and got overpowered by a single elbow from her.

Though I do see grounds of his durability rating being that high maybe with Busoshoku specifically? He took a hit from bloodlusted via sharkskin buso, and no-sold WW's bite which seemed to have a concerning amount of piercing power prior.

Haven't read everything but... High 6-A durability with haki for jinbe makes sense to me I think

Careful. Some people would actually go for that.
FB_IMG_16680853366623132.jpg

A Blow meant for an already dead Ace. Also Jinbe's arm was effectively fried in that one shot despite the water guard.
1. Akainu is known for overkill.

2. Jinbe blocking the blow despite his arm burning would still probably be enough for it to be a scabbard-lvl durability feat, since Jinbe's arm burning just shows that he's not quite on the level of yonko-tier people like Akainu.

since Jinbe's arm burning just shows that he's not quite on the level of yonko-tier people like Akainu.
literally doesn't matter as a justification since Akainu's heat is so absurd it's damn near dura neg in terms of offense I think.
Jinbe blocking a flame-on napoleon blow from a bloodlusted big mom is a far better justification imo

literally doesn't matter as a justification since Akainu's heat is so absurd it's damn near dura neg in terms of offense I think.
Jinbe blocking a flame-on napoleon blow from a bloodlusted big mom is a far better justification imo
Yeah but I'm hoping Jinbei can also have a High 6-A durability feat.

As for AP, while Emin did provide support for the shoulder throw bruising Big Mom, Damage did point out that it disappears shortly later, so I'm neutral on that for now.

And Jinbei only has one AP feat on that level even if the shoulder throw is accepted.

Yeah, Busoshoku Jinbei's hand isn't really that hurt by the power of Akainu's strike, he only suffered burn wounds. We don't really see the hand take a hole through it, any blunt force trauma, or anything other than sheer burns.

Didn't Who's-Who's fingers break on Jinbe's Armament Haki?

I think Who's-Who showed that he could only slightly cut him with one attack.

Yeah, Busoshoku Jinbei's hand isn't really that hurt by the power of Akainu's strike, he only suffered burn wounds. We don't really see the hand take a hole through it, any blunt force trauma, or anything other than sheer burns.
He didn't suffer any blunt force trauma cause that punch was intended for Ace who was about to die anyway(Jimbei's with Buso>Cripled defenseless Ace)
Wierdly enough Jimbei's burns disappear shortly after.

Last edited:
If this got Accepted then Who's who would get affected. Scale only to his dura wouldnt make any sense.
When Jinbe used busoshoku WW broke his finger with his own attack. Jinbe with Busoshoku had everything from WW bouncing off him, including WW's own busoshoku bite and point blank tempest kick. The damage he sustained was all in base from the looks of it.

He didn't suffer any blunt force trauma cause that punch was intended for Ace who was about to die anyway(Jimbei's with Buso>Cripled defenseless Ace)
Wierdly enough Jimbei's burns disappear shortly after.
Jinbe Mid-Low regen?

It seems like most people are in support of Buso Jinbei's durability being High 6-A but nothing else (including myself and Damage).

Guess we'll have to wait and hope Jinbei gets some of that High 6-A sauce in the future.

Also, Buso Jinbei's durability should be scabbard level, not Yonko level (not like it makes much of a difference outside of vs debating), since Jinbei was still overpowered eventually by a hungry BM's Cognac and he was still overpowered by Akainu's punch.

Back