• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Jim Raynor and Tychus Equipment

DaReaperMan

Bronze Supporter
Jimmy Raynor, oh boy is more then half of your equipment actually optional.

Specifically the CMC Powered Combat Suit, C-14 Gauss Rifle, C-150 Ronin Pistol or Flak Pistol, and Stimpacks are standard equipment, Raynor practically always has them around in combat.

Combat Shields, Grenades, Optional Underbarrel Grenade Launcher attachment, Experimental Plasma Rifle, and Chronorift-rift Devices all appear in one mission each, sometimes together, sometimes not.

Raynor should also have the HEV Rifle in optional equipment

Tychus also has this issue, hell, he doesn't have a Pistol, rifle, a shield, or stimpacks. He has a chain gun and some really damn effective flashbacks Grenades. So yeah, we gotta nuke that.

Last edited:
Oh yeah btw, I've read a nice amount of the novels. Raynor and Tychus don't do stimpacks. Raynor is against drugs and only does light ones like alcohol and tobacco and Tychus only sells them for profit during their time together in the Guild Wars since he doesn't want to be addicted to it.

The Valhalla stimpack line should be ignored since it's more of a reference to a cut ability for Tychus or something according to the starcraft lore master Subsourian.

Oh yeah btw, I've read a nice amount of the novels. Raynor and Tychus don't do stimpacks. Raynor is against drugs and only does light ones like alcohol and tobacco and Tychus only sells them for profit during their time together in the Guild Wars since he doesn't want to be addicted to it.
Thanks for the info, will take that into account

No problem. Although there is some evidence for the Raiders actually taking in stimpacks by the time of SC2. During SC1 or at least whenever we see Raynor with a squad of marines like in the raid against Jakob's Station where we take the data about the psi-emitters. Raynor tells Michael Liberty (Liberty's Crusade is Episode 1 but novelized) that the shoulder pads usually store stuff like stimpacks and Raynor ordered them to be removed in order to keep his men clean. SC2 gets more evidence of Raynor loosening the rules a bit and letting them take a more controlled amount of dosage by the existence of the stimpack upgrade in the armory.

Last edited:
And if we're keeping the HEV Rifle, I do believe we can keep the experimental xeno-based tech imo. Since that thing also only showed up for 1 mission.

Honestly feeling like I should probably begin running my various minor revisions past you since the novels are a great source of knowledge and such
And if we're keeping the HEV Rifle, I do believe we can keep the experimental xeno-based tech imo. Since that thing also only showed up for 1 mission.
They are being kept, as they're going in optional equipment

You could try joining the lore discord if you want a link, they're housed by the starcraft wiki mods lol. And they're as accurate as you can get with StarCraft knowledge. Subsourian is notorious for harrassing the SC department during blizzcons before. He even made a giant paper list of questions for them to answer one time ago.

Last edited:
You could try joining the lore discord if you want a link, they're housed by the starcraft wiki mods lol. And they're as accurate as you can get with StarCraft knowledge. Subsourian is notorious for harrassing the SC department during blizzcons before. He even made a giant list of paper for them to answer one time.
I'd love the link, Id probably be going right there for power scaling purposes one character at a time, like Tychus who probably needs his intelligence and such revised

Back