• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Jim Raynor VS Master Chief

Raynor has all of his standard equipment. Gen2 MJOLNIR Master Chief is used; has access to M6 Magnum and MA5 Assault Rifle. Does not have access to Cortana. Speed equalized.

Let's see how these two heroes of humanity square up against eachother.

Jim Raynor: 0

Master Chief: 0

Are you sure this is a good match up lol. Raynor's just a regular dude in power armor albeit really experienced.

Well, to be fair, the closest thing the Terrans have to a proper equivalent to SPARTANs are Ghosts, which should stomp SPARTANs with hax among other things. Terran Marines ― Raynor included ― are no Adeptus Astartes, but they're a lot closer to Chief's level than they are to UNSC Marines, even if the vast majority of them are just redshirts as far as the game is concerned.

If this was speed unequal idk how things would go because the Gauss Rifle has an RPM of 1800 and fires hypersonic rounds and if you give Raynor his experimental stuff like chrono rift charges, things would be interesting.

and oh yeah I haven't placed in the minor resistances to sound and light manipulation to Raynor and other stuff I've placed to regular Marines plus his optional experimental gear.

With speed equalized, all forms of speed and anything that executes in a certain timespan are ignored and executed immediately respectively. In a practical sense, we just ignore speed entirely and go based off of other types of feats like Striking Strength, Lifting etc.

That being said, fights with soldier-esqe characters like this are always iffy. In order to best analyze how a gunfight between these two characters go down, we're going to need a scenario of some sort to apply our knowledge of them to. With equipment of similar AP, the deciding factor of this fight will have to come down to the better of the combatants having greater combat experience/intelligence or more versatile set of abilities/resistances.

On a side note, as M6 Magnum and MA5 Assault Rifle works well as a description of what Chief has to play around with, however, it doesn't tell too much about the make and model of both weapons, which range from 9-C to 8-C for the MA5, which of course, is far too great of a disparity in power. The MA5 specifically, has 3 distinct models, the MA5C, MA5B and the MA5A, and in order to get a fair 8-C balance, Chief would have at bare minimum utilize either Kinetic Bolts or the Knight Blade. Otherwise, Chief would have to rely on hitting Jim with an NFL 'mega' tackle, as he has no other apparant way of dishing out 8-C levels of striking power.

i think jim raynor takes this, jim managed to take down tychus even without armor which shows his combat awarness and intellgience when in battle. although master-chief has a more versatile set of abilities/resistances, i am sure raynor can counter most of them due to him dealing with the zerg and protoss who have similar such abilities but in a higher scale. i am also pretty sure raynor has greater physical durability and greater AP than chief.

True, but it's generally not too much when fighting a drunk big strong guy. Since it isn't necessarily too hard to outsmart people in that state. and on the sidenote, I may propose of upgrading the base marine speed to simply superhuman when the speed revisions get on.

@Loom: Fair point. Do we know which model of the MA5 is used in Halo 5: Guardians? I know there's at least two models of M6 Magnum there; the one native to the game, and the one from Combat Evolved that came later, but doesn't appear in the campaign for that very reason.

I don't know the models of either one.

Back