• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Magisterus Bad Trip - Volume 3 CRT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Magisterus Bad Trip ended in volume 3 so here’s a CRT for the final volume with some upgrades/additions. Here's a blog with all notable quotes/feats from the series.

Kaname Suou

Kaname managed to injure the strongest human Dealer, Bloody Dancer, someone who is capable of facing small armies of superhuman PMC soldiers in a gunfight without taking cover in volume 2 when he landed some surprise attacks. Kaname is himself capable of quickly headshotting three PMC soldiers himself while wounded (with a friend noting he expects him to be able to do the same to six). PMC soldiers are noted to be superhuman in terms of physical stats.

Volume 2 Chapter 6

Their right hands reached for their hips and then deafening gunshots rang out.

On one side was Takamasa’s T-shaped submachinegun, #Fuse.err.

The sound of Kaname’s suppressed .45 caliber rounds were drowned out by the larger gun.

However.

“You’re pretty good, Kaname.”

Criminal AO, Hekireki Takamasa, was still smiling.

Something audibly collapsed behind him. It was the AI-controlled PMC troops protecting the Inheritance storage facility. Three of them now had dark red holes punched clean through their heads.

Volume 2 ?

(But these tricks won’t bring me to Kaname’s level.)

Kaname might think Takamasa was as skilled a shooter as Bloody Dancer since he had cleaned out the PMC soldiers here, but that was not the case. His Over Tricks simply changed the rules of combat, but that did not help if your opponent could understand the new rules and keep up with the battle.

At the very least, #Fuse.err was not enough to defeat Kaname.

Then what kind of Over Trick could slay that monster?

In the end, Takamasa was not taking the fight seriously. With Bloody Dancer and with all these PMC soldiers, he was only firing bullets while his opponent was confused by the new rules they did not understand.

But Kaname was different.

He had shot three elite PMCs located behind Takamasa even though they had been fully capable of fighting. And instead of simply firing wildly and causing a huge explosion to defeat them, he had made sure to protect Midori, Takamasa, and the others on the same field as him while he traversed the battlefield with intensity and precision. In the initial exchange, Takamasa had detonated an explosive to kill two, but Kaname had killed his three with sniper shots. And if he had been serious, he could have killed twice that number.

He can also keep up with Criminal AO while he uses one of his Over Tricks to boost his physical abilities, including speed, to superhuman levels.

He managed to shoot down an incoming supersonic fighter jet in a tunnel.

Volume 3 Chapter 10

Meanwhile, the surrounding atmosphere changed. The number on the speedometer really did drop, like they were being blocked by a thick invisible wall.

This powerful headwind was caused by…

“!!”

Kaname immediately stuck his arm out the driver’s side window and fired his Short Spear .45-caliber short-range sniper rifle.

Something appeared from the darkness ahead and passed them by in an instant while scraping against the ceiling and leaving a meteor trail of orange flames behind. His sister’s eyes widened at the fact that it had passed them by overhead.

“Ayame> What was that!? It wasn’t a train!”

“Kaname> It was a stealth fighter. But don’t ask me if it was trying to blow us away with its machinegun or missiles or if it was just trying to ram us directly.”

“Don’t just gloss over how you nonchalantly shot it down, master. Where in the world did you shoot it?”

“The left main wing, in the gap for the front flap. It was flying through the tunnel at supersonic speeds, so messing with its air resistance at all caused it to lose its balance and hit the tunnel somewhere.”

So I think higher reactions are warranted. The fighter jet thing is likely dependent in the circumstances, so while it shows he has significantly better reflexes than a normal human I don’t think it can be argued he can consistently react to supersonic attacks normally, otherwise guns wouldn’t be such an effective method of combat in series and he wouldn’t be impressed with Criminal AO’s Over Trick allowing him to easily deflect his subsonic bullets in quick succession. But Superhuman-Subsonic reactions/combat speed seems reasonable to me.

He should get Martial Arts, listed as skilled in hand-to-hand combat given the lack of feats. Midori, who can analyze a person’s Skills, had already noted he was specialized in close-range combat, but it didn’t come up until now, which points that the people who beat him in CQC are abnormal fighters themselves.

Volume 3 Chapter 7

Once the sniper attack had failed, the assailant rushed in close in order to smash Kaname’s head in using the entire crossbow like a pickaxe.

But Kaname did not bat an eye.

This attack was sensible and safe, but that was all it was. It lacked the terrifying side of Saurus’s attacks that pushed things to the limit and seemed to tell logic to take a hike.

Kaname kicked the leg supporting the attacker’s weight to knock them off balance and then twisted his body to avoid the crossbow that swung down off target. At the same time, he slammed his right elbow into their face.

Suou Kaname was capable of urban sniping and close-quarters combat.

He did not need a gun to take down an enemy. This just showed how abnormally skilled Saurus was to give him so much trouble.

[...]

The raincoat man roared in anger and drew a knife while standing up, but Kaname easily kicked his wrist to keep the blade away and then used the same foot to knock the man away with a hard kick to the cheek.

As optional equipment he gets a couple more OverTricks (he ends up the series with all but one in his posession) and some non-lethal equipment such as capacitor rounds for his gun, pepper spray and bags of high polymer incapacitation gel.

Criminal AO

He gets limited Mind Manipulation, as he can control the low-level AIs inside Money (Game) Master but not human Dealers or the Magisteri. He also gets limited Creation and Destruction, as his mastery over the game’s code means he can create and destroy things inside it, again, apparently besides other human Dealers or the Magisteri. The destruction part is featless, but he used the creation part to make a dragon out of the environment and claimed to be able to create various items of dubious intent.

Volume 3 Prologue
“Good to see you, Criminal AO. Did you just now login?”

“Yeah. How is #Beam.err doing?”

“We just now ran a test firing underground, but there was no trouble with the output or stability. I have a report here if you wish to review it. The Inheritance will soon be- gwerk!!”

Criminal AO did not bat an eye.

Although he did do something with the hand stuck in his pocket.

“Gwerk- Your Magic will soon be linked together.”

“I see.”

The man in a work jumpsuit did not seem to notice the weird noise he made or that he reworded his statement.

These were not human Dealers. They were only program-controlled NPCs. So if you knew how to mess with them, you could have them do whatever you liked.

Volume 3 Chapter 9

Just then, there was movement right next to Takamasa while he held his phone-equipped battle rifle. It came from one of the cooks who had been curled up on the floor until now. Instead of trying to protect his boss Pavilion, it looked more like he could not stand the tension any longer. He grabbed a nearby knife and rushed in with a roar.

Takamasa’s simple martial arts skills should not have been that great, but he did not even glance in that direction.

He briefly stared at the phone attached to his battle rifle. That was all.

Out of nowhere, the cook was blasted into the air as if by an explosion from directly below him.

What happened should not have been possible.

Something burst from the floor and slammed into the cook’s gut, making him hang in the air while flailing wildly. Kaname clicked his tongue and fired a shot. If he had not shot the knife out of the cook’s hand, the man would have disemboweled himself when he slammed back into the floor.

[...]

The stainless steel countertops and the tiled floor twisted as if surrounding Takamasa. They lost their shape like blobs of slime, swirled around him, and took on another giant form.

It was a winged lizard.

It looked like the room’s background textures had been applied to a legendary dragon.

Its head scraped against the ceiling and embers spilled from its mouth as it glared at Kaname.

“What…is that?”

The heavy tremor that shook the room felt awfully real.

[...]

“A bug? An error??? Does Criminal AO really control the game world this fully!?”

“Why does this surprise you when Money (Game) Master is teeming with real demons? Isn’t it about time I added in an oddity that works for me?”

Was it going to tackle them with its great size, smash the puny humans with its claws or fangs, or fill the enclosed silver space with a flamethrower-like breath?

“You saw my lab in the rainforest park, didn’t you? You must know I built my own Money (Game) Master inside the game. Thanks to that, I have a decent grasp of how things work here. The only thing I can’t control are those Magisteri.”

Volume 3 Chapter 9

“I said I can control most anything other than the Magisteri, didn’t I? I can hack the PMCs with just a phone now, so I could always use this place’s security to surround you and kill you.”

“I didn’t know you had a thing for walking around with snakes or tentacles hidden under your clothes.”

“Ah ha ha. Don’t let some wriggling shapeshifters surprise you. Why wouldn’t I try out everything I can in this game world?”

“…”

“What, I thought these weird wriggling things were a popular genre. You can do anything in this game world and there are no annoying parental controls here. If I wanted to, I could create a mysterious form of hypnotism or even a convenient aphrodisiac.”

Volume 3 Chapter 10

He could probably control the Magisteri.

And even if he could not, he would be able to destroy them along with the entire game world.

He could “break down” anything that existed in the world, just like he could cause a dragon to pop out of the floor or the wall. And he could rob them of their sanctuary. Once he had arrived at the core of the Magisteri and their game, he could either control them or destroy them.

[…]

He did not use his contracted Magisterus since she could be connected to the Will. He could take control of low-level AI mercenaries and drones, but not so with those demons. So he had to be very careful when choosing a hideout. He could not have anyone looking after the place in his absence, so it had to be a location no enemy could find.

He gets a few pieces of optional equipment, from an armored VTOL with a powerful laser Over Trick #Beam.err, which I’ll make a page for later, an Over Trick known as #Viper.err that gives him Wall level Striking Strength, Class 1 Lifting Strength and Subsonic-Supersonic combat speed and an Over Trick #SteelMelt.err that can “tear off a square hole even in the thickest wall” and shoots down stealth bombers, so I think “”at least 9-A” should suffice given lack of better feats.

Volume 3 Chapter 9 (#Viper.err)

That .45-caliber had killed a supposedly nonexistent dragon in mere moments, but when Takamasa waved his battle rifle like a baton, its thick shoulder stock blocked all of the bullets.

A true expert did these things so effortlessly it was hard to tell how impressive it really was.

It should not have been humanly possible to respond to three bullets.

[...]

Kaname fell back and used a dishwasher and food cart as cover while firing several more bullets. He was trying to destroy the barrel or mechanism of the battle rifle instead of hitting Takamasa himself, but the rifle’s shoulder stock spun into place to intercept the first and second shots. But with the third shot, it entirely vanished.

But not just the gun.

Takamasa suddenly disappeared from Kaname’s view.

If not for the Lion’s Nose, he would have died there.

“Above!?”

He rolled along the floor for some immediate evasive action.

The ceiling was 3m up, but without even a running start, Takamasa had jumped up, flipped upside down, planted his feet on the ceiling, and easily aimed his battle rifle down toward Kaname. After firing one large rifle round, he sent a stream of 9mm handgun rounds in to cut off Kaname’s escape.

[...]

It’s called #Viper.err. Simply put, you can think of it as just the strength enhancement part of power armor.”

[…]

This was on another level.

They could boost someone’s athletic ability to the point that the person could use a single knife to deflect a full-auto stream of bullets from head on, but they could also separate out and act as unmanned guns capable of sneaking through the smallest gaps or up from a drain. If Takamasa had used this, he likely could have brought down the airship’s defenses by brute force – no real planning necessary.

Volume 3 Chapter 9 (#Viper.err)

Takamasa stepped leisurely out of his black hybrid. Unlike Kaname, he did not even try to stay behind cover. He probably knew he could dodge a handgun bullet fired from head on if need be.

[…]

Suou Kaname immediately raised his Short Spear and fired a round at his friend’s forehead.

“!?”

The lack of hesitation caught Takamasa off guard.

He was surprised, but he made exactly the movements needed to easily evade the bullet. But it was not over yet. The boy known as the Grim Reaper of Called Game pulled the trigger a second and third time.

There was loud bursting sound.

During the high-speed battle, Takamasa removed his eyes from Kaname. He appeared to be checking something on his battle rifle’s phone. He was probably rewinding some automatically recorded footage.

[…]

They aimed at each other and fired from about 10m apart.

But Takamasa really was not your average Dealer.

His body swelled out explosively. No, he rushed in so fast it looked that way. After dodging three .45-caliber bullets, he grabbed the bottom of the mint green coupe’s door with one hand and flipped the entire car over like it was a tea table.

No, he did more than just flip it.

The coupe had to weigh several hundred kilograms, but it went spinning through the air over Kaname’s head, depriving him of cover as Takamasa aimed his battle rifle toward him.

The deadly battle was now being fought at less than a meter.

“!!”

Before Takamasa’s left hand could grab the full-auto handgun in place of a foregrip, Kaname smacked it from the side with the Short Spear’s barrel to throw off its aim. The powerful rifle bullet tore through the air. With their guns tangled together, Kaname could not aim at Takamasa either, but that was not a problem.

[…]

Plus, in a head-on clash, he was never going to lose to Kaname. It was Criminal AO who had been running from this fight. Takamasa had strengthened himself with #Viper.err, so he could throw a car with one hand. If he wanted to, he could destroy Kaname’s upper body with a single swing of his arm.

Volume 3 Chapter 10 (#SteelMelt.err)

The side of the plane was torn through from within by a blinding flash of light resembling horizontal lightning. It would have hit Kaname’s coupe if he had not pulled the handbrake and swung the car’s back end out of the way. It instead destroyed the stealth bomber he was driving on. And instead of leaving a jagged edge, it tore a clean square from the aircraft. It was unclear what had become of the AI-controlled mercenaries within. They may have been torn through in the same way.

This had to be the Inheritance.

And this one was especially bizarre. It of course used gunpowder and it looked a lot like a metal box that would have four thick anti-tank missiles stuffed inside, but was that really designed to launch warheads?

The unit propped up on Takamasa’s shoulder was a special weapon meant to launch flat-tipped tungsten steel with gunpowder. If that hit the side of a sports car, the impact alone would be powerful enough to bend the frame and send the car and all four tires sliding sideways. But this also had an Inheritance power.

In other words…

(Hold on. Is that an explosive door kicker!?)

“Kanameee!!”

This was different again from the #LockBreaker.err that only opened locks. This Inheritance could probably create an entrance through even the thickest wall.

[…]

He used that momentum to spin himself around. A blindly-launched lightning blast tore apart a distant aircraft, scattering wreckage everywhere. Kaname dodged that while hitting the door kicker atop his old friend’s shoulder with a downward roundhouse kick powered by plenty of centrifugal force.

He also gets master hacking skills. He figured out most of the code behind Money (Game) Master, which no other human has managed to do. He also located their physical server, despite the simulation secretly jumping from server to server without anyone else in the world being able to trace it and hacked a UAV sent by the Magisteri to assassinate him in the real world and replaced its target coordinates with the server being used by Money (Game) Master at the time, forcing a game shutdown.

Volume 3 Chapter 9

Including the unidentified ones, there are always around 5400 unmanned attack craft flying through the skies around the world. By rewriting the records, it is not difficult for us to make use of one.

[...]

The boy stood atop a small hill.

A massive boxy structure spread out before his eyes. It looked like a windowless warehouse, but it was actually an environmental measures server center that gathered all sorts of data – from weather data to pollen distribution.

Money (Game) Master did not have its own servers.

The servers that manage the logins of hundreds of millions of Dealers used the excess capacity within the servers of corporations and agencies around the world. And they irregularly moved from server to server, so it was nearly impossible for any human to track them.

Yes.

With the exception of this boy here.

“They’re so stupid. I’ve almost fully analyzed everything except the Magisteri and made those things my own, so did you never consider the possibility of me taking advantage of your fully digital assassination attempt?”

[...]

But the missile did not fall on the defenseless boy’s head.

Because he himself had modified the coordinate data.

A mere 50m away, the environmental measures server center was blown away by a deafening explosion.

Mother Loose

It’s confirmed that Smash Daughter, who mainly uses electric attacks like tasers, cannot beat Mother Loose in a straight fight due to her defensive Skills, so her resistances should include electricity.

Her Durability with the resistances should be upgraded. She fully stopped a giant dump truck that could ram through a reinforced concrete building like it wasn’t even there without a scratch. Kaname also mentions he has heard she can stop a ballistic missile from head on, but since that’s just a rumor let’s leave it as “at least Building level”.

Volume 3 Chapter 9 (Electricity resistance confirmed)

“You’re damn right he does. You’re terrified of my electric attacks when you’ve stripped off your precious defense Skills. I mean, there’s nowhere to run in that giant tub and wet washing area and I bet the conductivity is higher than usual in there!! Hwa ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha hwuh?”

Volume 3 Chapter 10 (Stopping a giant truck head-on)

The entire building next to them collapsed as a massive shape rushed toward them.

The building looked a lot like it had been made of papier mâché, but no. That really was a structure made of thick reinforced concrete. It crumbled and collapsed, sending down pieces larger than a fridge that would have crushed the low-riding coupe flat.

[...]

It was an open-air excavation tool used in Australia and Africa.

Specifically, a colossal dump truck used to transport iron ore.

The tires alone were about 4m tall and climbing up to the driver’s seat required ascending stairs for the equivalent of three or four stories. It could crush any obstacle on the road, even a modern tank. The fact that it could carry 300tons of iron ore might make it sound heavy and slow, but its extraordinary engine, special gear ratio, and turbocharger allowed it to build up speed. When not laden down with ore, it could probably reach speeds greater than Kaname’s coupe.

[...]

When Kaname’s fleeing group entered an intersection, they passed right by a woman standing on the crosswalk. He checked, but the light for them was green. And the woman in an apron did not even flinch. Because she did not need to.

A moment later, they heard a loud crash as the colossal dump truck rivalling a 3-story building in size came to a rapid halt.

Tselika twisted around to look back.

“What was that!? …Mother Loose?”

“No one can stop a vehicle in its tracks like her. I’ve heard she could stop a ballistic missile from head on.”

He looked back with the mirror just in time to see the aproned beauty turning around to blow him a kiss. She must have calculated exactly when he would look back. She was very reliable. Although relying on her too much would mean falling into a bog of addiction.

Bloody Dancer

Bloody Dancer should get Subsonic combat speed, given his flat out physical superiority to everyone else in Money (Game) Master without using a Skill, which would scale him to being significantly stronger than Kaname or Criminal AO with #Viper.err on its own. I’m unsure as to how to list his reactions. He has been shot with Subsonic-Supersonic projectiles when in close quarters and when taken by surprise; and he is not described as dodging bullets through pure superhuman speed but through “wild intuition/instincts” and “godlike skill”. On the other hand, given some space he can just fight dozens of soldiers firing at him without ever taking cover and not get shot, he has intercepted a Mach 5 tank shell with a pistol (a feat noted to be impossible to replicate for a normal Dealer even when using a Skill to slow down your perception of time) and in volume 3 he straight up redirected a falling cruise missile aimed at his location into a nearby tank with a single well-placed bullet. So I think higher reactions might be warranted, but I would like more input on this point.

Volume 2 Chapter 5
A storm of destruction whipped up around the man.

This was not quite a gunfight, not quite martial arts, and not quite a dance.

It was said the more you fought those high-firepower and high-endurance PMCs, the more you would lose, but no matter how many gathered around, he did not even hide behind cover. He stepped every which way, spun around, bent his hips, and sent red blood flying with every pull of the trigger.

The way he gave himself over to the hard rock playing from his wearable speakers was a self-taught style that only he could pull off.

Handguns and grenades.

With just his two guns and two launchers, that true monster surpassed the upper limits of two arms. His style was so very different from the way Kaname carefully operated a single short-range sniper rifle with both his hands.

He existed in a different territory than the threat of the AI society and the Will of the Magisteri.

This was the fear produced by a living human.

His extreme self-taught style only produced more dark red holes.

When the AI-controlled mercenaries hid behind their 8-wheeled armored vehicles to stay alive, he would launch a grenade on top of the vehicle to blow it up and then pick off the fleeing PMCs with his bullets.

He had no blind spots.

No one could figure out how to survive, much less defeat him.

Wasn’t Money (Game) Master supposed to be a simulation of the physical world that simply reproduced the four fundamental forces? If so, how could you explain this man’s actions!? How could he do this with no Skills and without the Inheritance!?

“Master!!”

Magisterus Tselika threw open the mint green coupe’s door and rushed out. She slipped below an attack helicopter that crashed while spinning like a pinwheel firework. She kept running while ducked low. She literally must have risked her life just to cross those few meters. She took fallen Kaname’s arm, lent him her shoulder, and forced him up to his feet.

Volume 2 Chapter 6
That berserker relied only on guns and never used cars or financial dealings. As long as he had hard rock playing from the wearable speakers around his neck, he could fight his way into an AI company’s headquarters like he was popping into a convenience store for a snack. He saw battles in the simplest of terms and he seemed like fear made flesh.

Volume 2 Chapter 6
First, a bulletproof vehicle drove up with siren blaring, but when it was blown away by one of the grenades launched from below Bloody Dancer’s twin handgun barrels, a new window appeared on the windshield. The drive recorder was being used to detect how many AI-controlled soldiers were focused on them, and the number had already jumped up to over 80. There were 8-wheeled armored trucks with a gun on the roof and there were attack helicopters with missiles and machineguns hanging down. More and more firepower arrived, making it feel more like a war than a criminal issue.

Technically speaking, the AI-controlled soldiers would be locked onto Bloody Dancer and his boxy outside broadcasting vehicle.

Normally, you could not push back an AI-controlled PMC with a head-on attack. Their basic parameters were too high and they could receive unlimited reinforcements, after all. So the standard trick was to use speed to escape pursuit, find somewhere to hide, and wait until the alert level went down. It was always a bad idea to pick a fight with them yourself.

“Midori> So is he fighting with them?”

It was dumbfounding.

On her red autumn leaf pattern motorcycle, Midori must not have believed what she was seeing in the mirror and kept twisting around to look back herself.

“Midori> They’re all crashing. It’s like we’re being chased by a pair of giant steel jaws!!”

They heard instantaneous gunshots, grenade launcher blasts, and explosions. The bulletproof vehicles spun out, the attack helicopters crashed, and Bloody Dancer’s giant vehicle pushed aside all the flaming wreckage with its bumper. The scraps kept bursting like popcorn and a single hit would undoubtedly cause Kaname and Midori’s vehicles to burst into flames and explode.

That guy was not hoping the PMCs would attack his enemy.

They were only an infinite supply of ammo for him. The PMC armies were viewed like death itself in this game, but he swept them aside and kicked them away like he was loading an endless supply of balls into a pitching machine. He laughed maniacally while the burning steel crashed into the sidewalk, knocked over street lights, and shattered store windows. The unrelated Dealers walking along the road screamed and took cover in nearby stores and below cars.

[…]

A PMC armored vehicle made its move.

It was a single sharp cannon blast. Much like from a tank.

But Bloody Dancer fired a grenade from below his gun barrel to match the Mach 5 blast from the gun on the armored vehicle’s roof. The two explosives collided in midair and exploded in between the two combatants.

That was an inhuman feat that should not have been possible even with Slow, a Skill that forcibly slowed down the apparent passage of time.

To make matters worse, neither of the guns he held were even part of the Inheritance. He could accomplish this with ordinary commercial products.

Volume 2 Chapter 6
Was he enraged or laughing? Bloody Dancer did not even hold a hand to his wound. His fighting instincts overpowered the pain. And he never had felt any fear. He re-aimed his twin handguns and Kaname and Lilikiska both aimed at their foe while tangled together on the floor.

Their lines of fire crossed.

A beast like this might be able to dodge Kaname and Lilikiska’s gunfire just by jumping around, no cover required. But sitting there and letting him kill them was not an option.

[…]

Bloody Dancer clicked his tongue and swung his left handgun around with the right one still aimed at Takamasa. With the two handguns and two grenade launchers, he may have been able to deal with Kaname, Takamasa, Lilikiska, Meiki, and even Cindy who was Downed below his feet.

Volume 2 Chapter 6
If the Magisterus he had actually been fond of had pressed a gun against his forehead, then his body would move on reflex. Ten times faster than that slender finger could pull the trigger, he would push the gun away and jab his fingers into her eye or deep into her throat.

Volume 3 Chapter 10
There was no cover here.

He stood directly in front of the oncoming enemy and dodged the flying bullets as he returned fire. His godlike skill ignored all the standard assumptions of a gunfight.

Even the programs must have lost their temper because he heard metal tearing at the asphalt as a 30 or 40 ton tank approached, destroying the road with its continuous tracks.

“If you wanna play the game then play for keeps!!” roared Bloody Dancer. “Don’t hold any of your shit in reserve for later!!”

He fired a puny 9mm bullet straight up, that struck a cruise missile’s tail fin, and the missile veered off course to crash straight down into the tank.

Not even an orbital laser weapon would be enough to kill this man.

Magisteri

I missed this when adding them before, but the Magisteri should get their immortality and resurrection abilities listed as powers. Immortalities Type 1 and 4, with the Ressurrection being generally non-combat applicable.

Additionally, if their Dealer is killed Magisterus cannot continue fighting on their own, as that’s considered an economic activity in Money (Game) Master.

Volume 3 Chapter 10
“This will be an all-out battle against the AIs, so we’ll be using everything we have to make up for the difference in numbers. Ayame, you take the #Downpour.err shotgun. Lilikiska, you take the #Fireline.err anti-materiel rifle. Cindy, you take the #DragonGod.err Gatling gun. Selsa, you take-”

“Criminal AO-sama’s Fall means that I cannot participate in any economic activity, which includes firefights. The same applies to accepting any of the Inheritance.”

Last edited:
This is probably fine.

Are there some other members that you think that I should ask to comment here via notifications?

Thanks.

Unfortunately, I can't think of anyone else that might be interested in giving input. The only other supporter besides me, DestinyDude0, seems to be inactive in the wiki. Given the lack of input I'll probably leave Bloody Dancer reactions as just "higher".

The Superhuman speed stuff seem fine.

He gets limited Mind Manipulation, as he can control the low-level AIs inside Money (Game) Master but not human Dealers or the Magisteri. He also gets limited Creation and Destruction, as his mastery over the game’s code means he can create and destroy things inside it, again, apparently besides other human Dealers or the Magisteri. The destruction part is featless, but he used the creation part to make a dragon out of the environment and claimed to be able to create various items of dubious intent.
Reading the quotes, and this description, this should just be Hacking. Even in one of the quotes, he says it himself that he controls them by hacking too. And you later post this being hacking yourself.
He gets a few pieces of optional equipment, from an armored VTOL with a powerful laser Over Trick #Beam.err, which I’ll make a page for later, an Over Trick known as #Viper.err that gives him Wall level Striking Strength, Class 1 Lifting Strength and Subsonic-Supersonic combat speed and an Over Trick #SteelMelt.err that can “tear off a square hole even in the thickest wall” and shoots down stealth bombers, so I think “”at least 9-A” should suffice given lack of better feats.
Why would it be 9-A?

It’s confirmed that Smash Daughter, who mainly uses electric attacks like tasers, cannot beat Mother Loose in a straight fight due to her defensive Skills, so her resistances should include electricity.

Her Durability with the resistances should be upgraded. She fully stopped a giant dump truck that could ram through a reinforced concrete building like it wasn’t even there without a scratch. Kaname also mentions he has heard she can stop a ballistic missile from head on, but since that’s just a rumor let’s leave it as “at least Building level”.
Electricity seems fine, but could you repost the second quote? It's cut off in the OP, I can't read it whole.
Bloody Dancer should get Subsonic combat speed, given his flat out physical superiority to everyone else in Money (Game) Master without using a Skill, which would scale him to being significantly stronger than Kaname or Criminal AO with #Viper.err on its own. I’m unsure as to how to list his reactions. He has been shot with Subsonic-Supersonic projectiles when in close quarters and when taken by surprise; and he is not described as dodging bullets through pure superhuman speed but through “wild intuition/instincts” and “godlike skill”. On the other hand, given some space he can just fight dozens of soldiers firing at him without ever taking cover and not get shot, he has intercepted a Mach 5 tank shell with a pistol (a feat noted to be impossible to replicate for a normal Dealer even when using a Skill to slow down your perception of time) and in volume 3 he straight up redirected a falling cruise missile aimed at his location into a nearby tank with a single well-placed bullet. So I think higher reactions might be warranted, but I would like more input on this point.
At least Subsonic seems fine for this guy.
I missed this when adding them before, but the Magisteri should get their immortality and resurrection abilities listed as powers. Immortalities Type 1 and 4, with the Ressurrection being generally non-combat applicable.
Scans for this?

Additionally, if their Dealer is killed Magisterus cannot continue fighting on their own, as that’s considered an economic activity in Money (Game) Master.
Sure.

Thank you for helping out. I appreciate it.

Reading the quotes, and this description, this should just be Hacking. Even in one of the quotes, he says it himself that he controls them by hacking too. And you later post this being hacking yourself.
I interpreted it as being different from Criminal AO actual hacking skills and more of an extension of his knowledge of the game allowing him to control it or break it in certain ways to achieve seemingly "supernatural" effects. For example, the Magisteri are not actually AI and he believes once he finally gets full knowledge of the game he will be able to control them as well. I've also seen some profiles about characters inside a game/program controlling other characters in the game listing it as Mind Manipulation.

But I'm OK with just listing it as Hacking if that's more fitting.

Why would it be 9-A?
#SteelMelt.err is said to be able to break through any kind of wall, and easily and instantly melts large holes in stealth bombers. I rreckon it should be significantly higher AP than Wall level, but it lacks any better feats than that.

Electricity seems fine, but could you repost the second quote? It's cut off in the OP, I can't read it whole.

I just noticed that, thanks. I don't know why it cut some of the quotes in that section without giving the option to expand them. I think it's because the quotes are inside spoilers, the ones outside work fine.

Scans for this?
The type IV comes from Magisteri being able to respawn and recover from any kind of physical damage in 1 hour tops.
Magisterus Volume 1 - Prologue Notice B said:
'''''Down'''''

''The state of a Magisterus like Tselika after receiving a lethal injury. Their existence is not erased, but they “freeze” for a set period of time. Any lethal injury is guaranteed to make them “freeze”, but the time until recovery varies based on the severity if the injury. A simple cut artery and being blown to smithereens would have entirely different recovery times. Still, it varies from a few minutes to a maximum of one hour, so the punishment is much lighter than from falling. Since they are AI-controlled, some Dealers have their Magisterus make suicide charges to clear a bloody path for them. However, the map guidance, acquisition of financial data, programmed buying and selling, and other data services stop when the Magisterus is down, so that should be avoided unless the Dealer is skilled enough to handle the transactions that occur at a rate of 10,000 per second while also getting into firefights and car chases.''

As for the type I immortality, it's a spoiler/reveal from the 1st volume.
The Magisteri are not actually AI. The reason they are all fantasy and mythology related is because they are mythological and fantastical creatures that have lost their status as beings people worship and pray to to become demons, and they're all intending to rebel against the various gods that kicked them out. Since they cannot take physical form in the human, physical world they take the form and role of AIs there. In volume 3 the archangel Uriel even shows up and he's identified as one of the beings that replaced them.

Relevant Quotes:

''“Money (Game) Master is a city based on modern economics and crime. Although there are a few exceptions like the Inheritance. …But in that case, why do the Magisteri like me have these forms? Why was a fantasy element like demons included at all? We are not an unintentional exploit like the Inheritance. We were given these forms from the beginning. Doesn’t that seem odd?”''

[...]

''“Yes,” replied the laughing demon. “We were not designed. We were born looking like this.”''

[...]

“The Day of Rebellion will not come,” said the Will.

“I know.”

They had handed over the final piece of the Inheritance.

And…

“We will remain unjustly stripped of our position as the old gods and forced to play the role of villains who run the world for human convenience. That title was stripped of us because someone found our rituals of bloodshed and sex to be inconvenient, so now the word ‘god’ has lost its diversity. And with this, we are unable to reclaim those former days when we were praised in the light of the sun. We will be forever unable to singlehandedly wield the supernatural the way Angel Uriel can.”

#SteelMelt.err is said to be able to break through any kind of wall, and easily and instantly melts large holes in stealth bombers. I rreckon it should be significantly higher AP than Wall level, but it lacks any better feats than that.
9-A is guesswork statistics if there isn't a calc or at least a more direct feat. If can't get a calc for it it'd be "At least 9-B" or something based on those descriptions.
I just noticed that, thanks. I don't know why it cut some of the quotes in that section without giving the option to expand them. I think it's because the quotes are inside spoilers, the ones outside work fine.
The dura thing seems good now, yeah.
The type IV comes from Magisteri being able to respawn and recover from any kind of physical damage in 1 hour tops.
This is fine if they actually die and not just regen the damage. Because by the sound of the quote it didn't seem to imply that they die and then are resurrected, but that they freeze when they receive the damage and are healed.
As for the type I immortality, it's a spoiler/reveal from the 1st volume.
They didn't really say they were immortal in that quote. They've been alive for a long time is what I'm getting, but that'd be Longevity if they're not stated to be immortal or something.

I trust Ogbunabali's sense of judgement.

This is fine if they actually die and not just regen the damage. Because by the sound of the quote it didn't seem to imply that they die and then are resurrected, but that they freeze when they receive the damage and are healed.
Magisterus are considered to be "dead" when they enter the Down state, or as close as they can be given it's not final and they eventually recover. The novels don't bring it up often, but it's been described to happen as a result of receiving "lethal damage" or "being shot to death". Down is just the name they use for their dead status, just like Dealer themselves "Fall" when they are killed and are forciblly logged out from the game for 24 hours.

What Ogbunabali has accepted can probably be applied.

I think I've got as much input as I'm gonna get for a small series like this, so I think yes.

I'll apply the changes with the corrections made by Ogbunabali.

Okay. Thank you. Should I close this thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back