• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Jellal's Sema Calc

If that is going to be applied as a site-wide rule/guideline, then that should probably be added in an official page for meteor feats.

Damage3245 said:
Why would the calc group members commenting on the calc say that the low end is okay then?
That's simple because they didn't know about the verse, hence the choose low end, you can read there comment(if you are referring jellal sema calc)

Honestly, I'm still unsure on using 11 200 m/s for all meteors out there. NASA confirmed that any meteor that "entered the atmosphere" ranges from 11200 to 70000 m/s, however we cannot assume that every meteor in fiction achieved those speeds.

I kind of want to hear what the other calc group members who have already commented on the calc have to say.

Again Hiro wanted the readers to show a difference between a weaker and a stronger Sema by sowing where it's coming from. If Jellals Sema was indeed from space then why didn't Hiro just show that it fell down out there? it's b/c it's weaker then DEUS Sema

Regular Sema = from earth

Deus Sema = from space

It would without a doubt make no sense that it came from outer space cause that would mean that Jellal knows Deus Sema instead

Also, I'm not sure why the manga would show us a growing ball of energy in the centre of the storm unless it was directly related to the meteor appearing there.

@Blackejan

It makes less sense to assume Jellal made the Meteor, that would make it fundamentally different from Deus Sema, Also Deus spells are just stronger versions of the exact same kind of spell, maybe it's up to interpretation on what being stronger might be

@Demon

It doesn't matter if he created it or not though. If it's shown from clouds and not from space (that Hiro specifically had it drawn on purpose) then there's a difference in it

EDIT: there's a chance that Irene can made a meteor from space while Jellal can make one that can only come down on earth if that makes any sense

There's a possibility that she could had but as I think about she couodnhad just brought one down instead and Jellals could had just created one but have it be brought down on earth instead I mean which meteor is gonna have an bigger impact, the one that's coming down from the clouds or one that's from space, entering earth atmosphere, and falling down from ABOVE the clouds

Neither character has shown the ability to simply create things from thin air so why would we assume they do so for a particular spell that shows no indication of doing so.

Same reason why we would assume that Jellals was from space yet Hiro decided to draw the difference between Sema and Deus Sema I mean I would think that a meteor from space would do ALOT more damage then a regular Sema that even Irene said that "this magic was more advance then Jellals"

Cerma
Here's another instance of Jellal casting Sema, and it's apparent that clouds are forming in order to summon the meteor. I really don't think it's coming from space.

^That doesn't prove anything, for one, that image above involves an incomplete casting of Sema and once again the same cloud formation is made by Deus Sema

That's not an....what? That's not an incomplete Sema as u can see he is making one just like he always does and AGAIN Hiro wanted Deus Sema (stronger) to be from space while regular Sema (weaker) be from earth to show readers the difference in power

They can have the same cloud formation but it's WHERE the meteor is coming from

Yes, Hiro wanted Deus Sema to be a stronger version of Sema, however that can be interpreted in many different ways, it's never confirmed that one comes from space and the other comes from earth, that's just speculation, Jellal's Sema coming from space is just as likely as it coming from earth, Sema was on fire from its falling, that could imply atmospheric re-entry speed, regardless stop saying like it's 100% for sure from earth

I'm mostly neutral and can see both sides arguments, and it's possible that either option is correct

Just saying but the anime proves that it's not from space but in fact a portal of some sort that summons a meteor

Once again, the anime can be interpreted in many ways as well, we see the rock fall from the center of the clouds on fire and then the meteor hits the ground, as far as I see it, it's still 50-50

UcHuman said:
<br /This isn't that far-fetched, since Jellal also casts Grand Chariot by using 7 small portals.
Jellal nevee open any kind of portal regarding sema, either he just cast it, or draw the circle in air to cast G.C.

Alright, if we're not voting, maybe we should get the Calc Members to decide which end to use when using the info we have, they seem to be a solid neutral force who can decide what end we use

DemonGodMitchAubin said:
Alright, if we're not voting, maybe we should get the Calc Members to decide which end to use when using the info we have, they seem to be a solid neutral force who can decide what end we use
Just make sure that they at least know the verse like tatahakai

I asked 4 Calc Members to comment on the thread, and to give their opinion on what end to use under the info we have

Jan has a point. They only need to know the implications of each end and decides which one is most accurate for the case.

IM sorry but the more I look at the difference, the more it shows how majorly different they both are. The anime even shows confirmation on where the meteor for Jellals Sema is coming from since again if it was from purées space then it would be the same as Irene's Sema. This can't be any assumption because again Hiro had it draw how different a regular Sema and a Deus Sema is by their power

U also can't just cause it's on fire that it came from space. U guys do know it's a world filled with magic and all that type of had right? Hiro drawed a meteor because a meteor is a giant rock that's coming down from high above that in real life from that size would catch on fire

Except Hiro didn't draw it differently? Both look identical.

Arguing that we shouldn't apply logic to fiction just cause its fiction is a really bad counter argument.

Ok yeah I can see how that's a bad argument but Hiro didnt draw it differently to show the power between them. Yes the cloud formation is still there but we are SHOWN where Irene's Sema (is a stronger ver.) to come from space while Jellals Sema (weaker ver.) to be from clouds or the anime shows that he created/summons one with his power on earth

If we are saying that Jellal makes it, why don't we calc the energy needed to make the attack as I am sure that will be even higher than just a rock falling on people.

AnonymousBlank said:
If we are saying that Jellal makes it, why don't we calc the energy needed to make the attack as I am sure that will be even higher than just a rock falling on people.

You'd be surprised actually. Nagato's from Naruto did something similar and it's about 7-A now. Then again we'd need to find something to scale to meteorite to find its size and such. Although I doubt it would be above 7-A.

Pretty sure Nagato's Chibaku Tensei only worked as a calc, because Nagato lifted the rocks, Sema being created in the sky wouldn't work, because he didn't raise the rocks

DemonGodMitchAubin said:
Honestly, I rather this decision be based on a vote especially if the calculation is already accepted.

Back