• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Jellal's Sema Calc

No. I honestly don't like votes since u don't know if people will wanna agree to it just for the upgrade or downgrade instead of actually looking at it

Well also....@1997 is also right in a way since if they just look at the calc but not the actual picture itself of what's happening in it and they just pic an end, then that could cause problems as well

Wait u don't read Bleach but how was it for Gremmy?

@Taka

Even though the anime shows from where the meteor is coming down?

BlackeJan said:
@Taka

The anime is ambiguous and the manga take precedence.

BlackeJan said:
@Taka

Gremmy imagined a meteor above himself, not bring one down from space, but we used 11.2 km/s because it was on fire

So i don't see the difference here

Hasn't Gremmy been shown to quite literally be able to access space itself? He's done it with Kenpachi so I don't see why his couldn't come from space. Here is different.

He created a pocket of space because he needed to create a pocket of space, i don't see why he would imagine a pocket of space when it isn't a necesitty for him

Even then it wouldn't mean the meteor moves at 11.2 km/s solely because it's coming from space because it would still come into existence WITHIN the atmosphere of Soul society

Anyways it's not even regarding whether it comes from space or not, again, we gave gremmy 11.2km/s because it was on fire

@Taka

Ok but did it show where it came down from right? like absolve the clouds because the FT anyone shows it NOT coming from space and it came down like it was summon while Irene's Sema was SHOWN to be from space

All the manga showed was that the first time we saw it, it was from the clouds, it could have been summoned from above that, this and Gremmy's Meteor are actually very similar appearance, the manga doesn't prove that it doesn't come from space, that's your assumption, stop stating it like fact

I said anime dude. It's quite clear where it came from so it ain't assumption, stop trying to deny facts of something so clear and simple. It's not hard to understand that a weaker ver. Of Sema was summon from the sky while a more powerful Sema was summoned from outer space like how do u not see a clear difference?

@Taka

Again I may not know how Gremmy is but after looking at it and his "imagination becoming reality" then he could had just thought of the meteor coming down at a VERY fast speed or thought of it from even higher above the clouds. This is different from Jellals situation b/c he has to summon one and it's summon from the clouds even if it's on fire

Once again in the anime it's up to interpretation, not a fact, but your belief, and I know Sema and Deus Sema are different, however there is nothing that explicitly states that one has to come from the clouds and the other has to come from space, there is no correlation between these two that leads to that, you stating that's what Hiro wanted doesn't make it any less up to interpretation, I see the difference in power between the two spells is that Deus Sema is a bigger rock and it came from farther in space in a faster speed, that's my interpretation of the difference in strength between the two spells

This right just literally proves that it's from the clouds. Again if regular Sema was from space then how come Hiro didn't draw it to be there like Deus Sema?

That actually doesn't prove it comes from the clouds, the Meteor could fall through the center of said clous from space, just like with Deus Sema and it's clouds, and Hiro didn't draw it from space because he didn't wanted to, that's all it is, once again, everything you show isn't a fact, and is up to interpretation, also if Gremmy's Calc follows the same logic then there is no reason why it can't come from space and move at atmosphereric speed

^OK, my bad, it still comes from a farther distance and moves at a faster speed

If what RavenSupreme said is correct, then why not use 20 km/s? According to Kepekley, meteorites can only travel 11.2 km/s at night, and this feat seems to happen during the day.

TataHakai said:
We need a consistent basis in this wikia and i see no difference between this and the gremmy calc for which 11.2 km/s was accepted
You keep saying that 11.2 km/s was accepted, but when exactly did this happen? Because in the comments Kepekley accepted the mid-end (20 km), and you said that both ends were fine (even when Kepekley had already explained why 11.2 km/s was impossible during the day).

BlackeJan said:
Damage also disagreed and said Low End was fine unless he changed his mind
I'm not a calc group member so my word carries less weight but I do believe that the meteor was formed in the sky.

Therefir said:
TataHakai said:
We need a consistent basis in this wikia and i see no difference between this and the gremmy calc for which 11.2 km/s was accepted
You keep saying that 11.2 km/s was accepted, but when exactly did this happen? Because in the comments Kepekley accepted the mid-end (20 km), and you said that both ends were fine (even when Kepekley had already explained why 11.2 km/s was impossible during the day).
Even if 20 km/s was accepted, that still doesn't change my point, if anything it means the Jellal calc should be changed to 20 km/s rather than 11.2

I'm not the most knowledgeable individual on Fairy Tail - but the characters being 6-C at that point in the story seems rather out of place.

Is there calculation for the low end still fine, assuming that it is still an option?

If the calc group says we are to use the mid end, then the low end is obsolete. Since Jellal scales to himself, OS, Jura, Laxus, Mard (for whatever reason) and CSK, it will probably be declared an outlier.

Lowballing a calc for the purpose of it not being an outlier is hiding the outlier, a fallacious method of calculating something.

If it's an outlier then it's unusable, but i'll leave it to the FT experts to discuss that, i'm just here for the calc and 4.3 Gigatons is the most valid result here.

The Mid End relies on the meteor coming from space. Myself and others have pointed out why this is likely not the case - but if the Mid End has to be the one that we go with, then that's fine.

I just shown above that the meteor falls from the cloud areas. It's logical where a regular Sema is fallen from and a Deus Sema falls from just by the pictures alone. Is there any other way of calcing this? cause I'm sorry but just because it makes the same cloud formation (literally a same technique just weaker) doesn't mean it comes from the same area

This is just like a Rasengan and a FRS. They r the same technique yet one is weaker then the other

Ok so the people who scale to Sema are Jellal (he performed it), OS (its their only feat at least dura wise), Jura (fought Jellal), Laxus (edged out Jura barely), Dragons (Laxus and Cobra could do jack to them with DSM and Zirconis even one shot Laxus).

People who scale to Torch's 7-A CSK feat are Base Mard, Etherious Mard, X791 DSM Gray, X791 DF Natsu.

This actually fits and bumps up Spriggan tier characters from their uber casual Large Mountain.

@Blacke

>Same technique but weaker

>Not done the same

And Rasengan and FRS are not the same at all aside from having a rasengan in the technique. A better comparison is Rasengan and Oodama Rasengan, literally the same technique but one is stronger.

Edit: @Dragon

Celestial Spirit King = CSK

Back