• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Jellal's Sema Calc

Also, DeS Gray in x791 shouldn't scale to Mard Geer.

Devil Slaying magic is fundamentally different than Dragon Slaying magic, since demons, unlike dragons, lack "magic resistance".

So devil slaying magic is "super effective" against demons, but not overall on their level.

Jellal and Laxus should be comparable to Mard Geer and Devil Slayer Gray, I mean if Natsu, Sting, and Rogue could lightly damage him, there is no doubt in my mind that Jellal and Laxus could Hurt him, Nothing really proves Mard Geer is stronger than Laxus or Jellal, so they should be comparable

Damage3245 said:
The Mid End relies on the meteor coming from space. Myself and others have pointed out why this is likely not the case - but if the Mid End has to be the one that we go with, then that's fine.
No it doesn't rely on that, paraphrasing Raven, ablation is the indicator for the meteor to get the regular 11km/s to 72km/s velocity according to the Nasa/Meteor Society, so in other words, it's not necessary to know where the meteor is coming from.

@Captain Torch

Gray should still scale to Mard Geer, even if he negs durability to mard himself, he overpowered his thorn curse on many occasions which wouldn't have the devil slayer effect, because the devil slayer ability isn't effective on the magic, as well Gray survived a bunch of Mard Geers attacks and even punched away Dea Yggdrasil with pure physical strength alone, he should scale to the 7-A

@Aubin

Base Natsu also overpowered his thorn curse, so unless base natsu = mard geer, both are outliers(or simply mean that his thorns aren't as durable as himself).

Also, there's NOTHING implying that laxus and jellal scale to Mard Geer.

Mard Geer was the big boss of the arc, and only Dragon Force natsu managed to match him. Jellal and Laxus are lower imo.

Also Jellal's Sema being baseline 6-C is likely an outlier, I can sorta see an argument for it, but I don't really think it's viable at that point, a real shame too, if that was accepted, we'd get 6-C Spriggans

Mard being the end boss doesn't make him superior to everything else though unless Acno and Igneel are also below him. If he doesn't have the feats or even statements for it, why would you try scale him to people he doesn't interact with or use him as the reason why others don't scale to something?

@Captain

I always saw Base Natsu being able to keep up with Etherious Mard Geer and Devil Slayer Gray a complete Outlier tho, since there is no way Base Natsu who needed help from Sting and Rogue to even compete with Base Mard Geer could suddenly damage Etherious Mard Geer

Just want to point out two things

>the high7-A feat coming from spriggen is purely effortless

>csk was limited by lucy power since he was summoned by lucy, and the weaker lucy get, the weaker he become. So i don't think he scales to jellal

> the high7-A feat coming from spriggen is purely effortless

What is effortless for one member of the Spriggan 12 isn't necessarily effortless for the rest of them.

Especially since Brandish's power works more on the basis of hax than actual AP. She can also shrinking targets down to nothingness too which ignores durability.

Brandish is actually one of the weaker Spriggans actually, so her performing an extremely casual feat would scale to all of them being casual

Hmm, I have a bit of an issue with the description of the calc used for Brandish's rating - I'll make a separate thread to address it.

Wow, one person having issue with a Fairy Tail calc right now, big f*cking surprise right there, my stress levels and anger from all the questionings of the calcs is driving me bonkers

I apologize for being rude

If it makes you feel any better, I question the calcs for a lot of verses. Nothing personal against FT. Anyway, I made the thread here.

So, it looks like the Brandish Calc might be going out the water, but on a plus side, now there is nothing holding Sema back from being 6-C, therefore since we no longer have a High 7-A calc that the spriggans "must" scale too, there is nothing making 6-C Sema an Outlier, so I guess we actually can use Sema

Pretty sure Therefir and TataHakai settled it, Ablation implies that the Meteor would be going at least 11,000 m/s according to them, and since it's daytime, that means the Meteor would apparently be going 20,000 m/s, that's what they said

So the two calc members who had looked at the calc decided it,

I actually disagree with it. There is not enough info to confirm that meteors during the day travel 20 00 m/s. It is possible, yes, but it's quite a high end.

And I still stand my ground on the fact that if a meteor isn't confirmed to come from space/above the atmosphere, then there is nothing implying that it's moving 11200 m/s.

And Gremmy's meteor is not an argument, since I disagree with that calc myself(But Bleach is a mess I am not ready to enter yet)

But the Calc Members said that is the method we should use, and they're the people we go to for this very reason

DemonGodMitchAubin said:
But the Calc Members said that is the method we should use, and they're the people we go to for this very reason
Some of the calc members disagree, and it's not a clear subject. Also that's not really an argument if there is no proof of 11200 m/s

179 days, that's how long it took you to bring up my lake calc, I knew it would happen eventually, and I have been waititng for this very moment, I'm surprised you didn't take action sooner, but this was your opportunity, wasn't it

DemonGodMitchAubin said:
179 days, that's how long it took you to bring up my lake calc, I knew it would happen eventually, and I have been waititng for this very moment, I'm surprised you didn't take action sooner, but this was your opportunity, wasn't it
Gotta say, this just sounds like paranoia - even if you didn't mean for it to be read that way.

It was Paranoia... I think I'm gonna take a break from Vs Battle Wiki for like a week, nothing I have said thus far in these threads really matter anyways, and I'm kinda letting this consume my life, I shouldn't care how strong anime characters are so much, I'm just gonna let the calcs settle themselves at this point

Bye for now

Interesting thread here, let me add something as well involving Erza. I notice that she is scaling to the Irene Deus Sama instead of scaling to her own feat of cutting said meteor.

In conclusion, she should scale for destroying the meteor, aka someone have to calculate it.

It is but support and helping learn to get over it really helps to make someone happy again.

I know full well what it's like to be to passionate about vs for my own good.

Honestly it's easier for me in that regard, since I never really had the urge for "my verse to be superior to x verse"

What I strive the most for is accuracy, and whenever the calculation is accurate and reliable, it makes my day.

Of course, I do wish for my fav character to be stronger than some other characters, but if the calculation is invalid/biased, then that kind of ruins the whole point. It's no fun to have your favourite character/verse be stronger via a highballed feat.

Back