• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Jellal's Sema Calc

Lucy scales to >High 7-A

Spriggans scale to <High 7-A

We have no other feat to scale the final arc characters to, and it makes no sense to knock Them to 7-B, because a 7-B could never even scratch a High 7-A, I'm not saying Lucy is as strong as Brandish, I'm saying they scale to the same feat on varying levels

Mitch is right about the scaling. Lucy would scale lower than that, and while Brandish's feat is almost baseline, Lucy was able to compete with some serious Spriggans.

Ok then the lower tiers would be like Possibly High 7A if Brandish AP lvl is close to baseline

EDIT: it should still be noted however that Lucy was going all out against a spriggan that was holding back and even said that she could had one shotted her if she felt like it

Unless Kagura did something else in the arc, she shouldn't scale to the Spriggans. Mitch was right when he said that she was totally hopeless against Dimariah.

Kagura shouldn't scale. She fought Larcade and while she did manage to block and counter some of his attacks as soon as she made physical contact she got done like Ichigo when he tried to cut Aizen. In other words casually stomped without resistance.

I'm reading those chapters to find evidence for Kagura's scaling but right now I haven't find a thing (472).

Wall Eehto's first key should be upgraded to High 7-A, right? Their reasoning is that they can fight Elfman who fought Ajeel so IDK why 7-A+ was a thing to begin with.

Just a lurker passing by, but i'd like to throw my own idea into the ring.

I've noticed that some characters who are above typical Spriggan, but below August and Irene, are likely 6-C. What exactly is holding them back from 6-C? Spriggan are <High-7A and the actual 6-C feat (24.32GT) is fairly casual and well above baseline.

This is just stupid. Accepting other meteor speed 17km/s cause they on fire, but rejecting ft calc because it didn't feel good, at least stop being biased, or judge all verse equally

1997KD, the two feats are different. Hence why different speeds are used.

In both feat a meteor has summoned which was on fire,

Hence the feat are nearly same, still, we used different speed

Both meteors are coming from space, still, we are using the different speed.

Jellal and irene sema look identical

Both meteors were on fire, what else proof you want?

Jellal's meteor did not come from space.

Jellal's and Irene's spells are similar but have some differences. Irene's is also stated to be a more advanced version of Jellal's which wouldn't make sense if she was just also dragging down a smaller meteor than he was.

In fact on what basis we are assuming that jellal have reality warping ability/creation ability, while his magic revolves around heavenly body magic?

Damage3245 said:
Jellal's meteor did not come from space.

Jellal's and Irene's spells are similar but have some differences. Irene's is also stated to be a more advanced version of Jellal's which wouldn't make sense if she was just also dragging down a smaller meteor than he was.
Both have funnel like thing when the meteor comes,jellal meteor was on fire. He his meteor didn't comes from the space then where it coems from? Show with proof

PhotoEditor-20190410142739
Identical as Irene sema,

It's was on fire prove by anime as well.also

>Jellal never shown any portal opening or reality warping type ability.

Gremmy meteor accepted at 20km/s only because it was on fire, even if gremmy power is reality warping. Both cases are nearly same.

1997KD said:
Jellal never showed any version of creating something forms nothing, or opening a portal
I don't know what this looks like to you, but to me it looks like the meteor being formed by a ball of energy in the clouds.

I don't know what this looks like to you, but to me it looks like the meteor being formed by a ball of energy in the clouds.

Here the anime part for conformation, and it's more like the meteor is coming from the cloud funnel, lightup due to friction

If I'm being honest, the anime's depiction of it seems to be support my interpretation of it.

But it's not just me; lots of people in this thread aren't convinced that it comes from space.

DemonGodMitchAubin said:
So we agree
Tartaros Arc 7-A's become 7-B because of Sema

Alvarez Arc 7-A's become Likely High 7-A because of casual spriggans

That works for me
I think this scaling is fine

JELLAL SEMA-0
JELLAL SEMA-0

Anime shows meteor coming from the funnel, not forming into the funnel, same as Deus sema

Rin The Dragon Empress said:
As I've stated before the low end seems to be the safest and one of the two calc members agree with using the low end while the other seems to be split up.
None of them are knowledgeable on the verse, and they say "if" we didn't know where the meteor is coming from then we should go for low end, which is wrong since it comes from the space

Kagura should be comparable to Lucy, Elfman, and Lisanna, not to mention she blocked Larcades' and Dimaria's attacks, destroyed Wall's Missiles, and managed to One-Shot a Historia which are comparable in power to Neinhart

The fact that every Historia summoned could fight the likes of Clear Heart Erza, Gray and Lyon, DF Wendy etc. who all scale to Spriggan level, Kagura definitely is as well.

The Historias summoned are comparable in power to Neinhart who is a Spriggan, every Historia could overpower and damage characters like Gray+Lyon, Erza, DF Wendy, Weakened Laxus, Juvia, Meredy, and Natsu, Kagura defeating one means she scales

I know the argument against can be "She defeated a Simon Historia, and Simon is really weak, so it's not that impressive"

But remember every Historia is strong enough to fight against Spriggan level characters, She should scale

Indeed. Kagura scales to Likely High 7-A for one-shoting Historia Simon. I wouldn't use blocking Dimaria's attack as an argument since she was toying her.

If jellal has never shown the ability to create meteors out of thin air, then why wouldn't we use 11.2 km/s?

if anything this has more going for it than the Gremmy meteor so if we accept that one then we have to apply the same case here

@TataHakai; the argument here is that Jellal in fact has shown the ability to create meteors 'out of thin air'.

There is no evidence of the meteor being calced coming from space.

But it's ablaze which according to Raven and agreed by Ant is proof that it moves at 11.2 km/s

"We use ablation as the indicator for the meteor to get the regular 11km/s to 72km/s velocity, according to Nasa/Meteor Society etc. We dont use ablation speed. If you know of meteor calcs who use just 2KM/S you should revise them."

Why would the calc group members commenting on the calc say that the low end is okay then?

Because this wiki has inconsistency problems

I'm telling you that 11.2 km/s is fine, if anyone disagrees with it then we'd have to discuss our meteor rules as a whole.

Back