• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Jaune Arc vs. Coby

This seals the deal in favor of Dobe...er, Coby.

Intelligence: Combat genius, grew prodigiously from a below average human to one of the Marines elite soldiers in just six months, learned Soru among others things

Intelligence: A tactical genius with remarkable leadership skills, otherwise average

Weaknesses: Rather clumsy, inexperienced, lacks the ability to use his Semblance and Aura at will, Continual use of his Aura will cause it to decay to the point where he can be left weakened or even incapacitated

I'll give it to Jaune, with his reactions and his shield's durability Coby will have a hard time landing good blows. And his AP is certainly enough to damage Coby

Jaune's durability matches Coby's AP, and his AP matches Coby's durability. They're pretty matched, that's why I said Coby takes it due to better skill.

But Jaune has significantly better reactions, he can get in more blows than Coby, as well as block Coby's blows with his shield which has mcb durability

I'm an idiot sorry Dx Anyway Jaune's still has a durability advantage due to his shield, and he's a skilled enough combatant that he's been able to block attacks from opponents who were slightly faster than him, so I still think he has the advantage

Coby's stupendous growth rate, coupled with the quality of said training by measure of his teacher makes me lean towards him. Additionally in spite of speed equalization, he still has precognition.

why does Jaune get MHS reactions? He shouldn't have them.

Coby should win once that is taken down.

Coby's attack is scaled to City Block level in comparison to other captains. Yet, this is his bear minimum and not indicative of his actual level considering his potential/growth far supersedes anything the other captains have. Therefore, Juane isn't winning solely by virtue of his greater durability.

Exactly what captain is Coby scaled off to? Also if being a captain automatically makes you city block level than Nami should be upgraded because I remember that back in Enies Lobby she was taking out plenty of captains directly from navy headquarters.

Coby is being scaled against the same new age marines whom he so happens to have come up (story wise) alongside: Tashigi/Smoker. From portrayal it is irrefutable Coby > Tashigi. Yet, its unknown how he compares to (captain -level) Smoker so we settle for Captain Tashigi as the minimum. An Admiral is the only marine title/position that doesn't have great disparities amongst its members. In addition, Nami has never bested a single marine captain. The marine captains deployed during EL-W7 arc were; Shu, Very Good and T-Bone of which 2 fought Zoro and the other Franky. Therefore, they were clearly above Nami's grade.

This thread is derailing towards the bottom of the sea. I suggest we close this for now and have someone open a Coby stat check thread or something.

Back