• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Quick Jaune Arc Addition

WeeklyBattles

VS Battles
Retired
Its been brought to my attention that Jaune never got the AP adjustment for his Semblance's Aura Amp, so let's fix that real quick:

Haven Arc Jaune upon using Aura Amp for the fist time was able to amplify Weiss to the point that her summoned Queen Lancer was able to pierce through Hazel's chest through his Aura.

Later on in the Aatlas Arc, his Aura Amp was able to make Weiss' gravity glyph strong enough to fully immobilize Maiden Penny, when it had taken the combined effort of Team RWBY, JNPR, and Emerald before.

A fairly straightforward fix, Low 7-B with Aura Amp in his Haven Key, and a 'higher' with Aura Amp in his Atlas Key

Only really helpful in team battles with people with semblances that rely on attacking

As when he amps himself his Aura defense only gets boosted

Only really helpful in team battles with people with semblances that rely on attacking

As when he amps himself his Aura defense only gets boosted
His own AP gets boosted as well when he uses it on himself

Really? I only remember his durability of his Aura gets a boot
Its sort of a swiss army knife in that when he applies it to himself he can get a few abilities, he can heal himself faster, increase his power and durability, and regenerate his Aura

Looking at the RWBY wiki and found something interesting

"As revealed during the unique case of Penny, a android possessing her own soul, Jaune's Semblance also allows him to directly boost the strength of a person's soul. This is seen where he was able to use his Semblance to boost Penny's Aura to strengthen her soul to suppress the virus implanted into her by Arthur Watts."

Isn't that limited soul manipulation?

Well since it can amp other characters to that level, and if he can use it on himself in the same way then the addition seems logical.

"As revealed during the unique case of Penny, a android possessing her own soul, Jaune's Semblance also allows him to directly boost the strength of a person's soul. This is seen where he was able to use his Semblance to boost Penny's Aura to strengthen her soul to suppress the virus implanted into her by Arthur Watts."

That would be limited Soul Manipulation, yes.

Has Jaune ever used this on himself? Have we ever seen him notably amping his own Attack Potency?

I'll be real, I have zero clue how to add this to his profile if he has the power to amp others semblances that can be used to attack to the point they can harm characters stronger then them but can't amp his own attack power as his semblance is used for defense and support so when he Amps his Aura with it, all it does is regen his Aura and boost it

Yeah, that's what I was wondering

Like Yeah he can amp other characters semblances to that level, but himself?

According to the RWBY Wiki, he has been shown increasing his Aura capacity with his Semblance but I can't find any feats he's had as a result of it.

According to the RWBY Wiki, he has been shown increasing his Aura capacity with his Semblance but I can't find any feats he's had as a result of it.
Yeah, I literally can't remember a single time he actually boosted his attack power with his own semblance other then boosting his own defensive

Also what do you think of this?

I'll be real, I have zero clue how to add this to his profile if he has the power to amp others semblances that can be used to attack to the point they can harm characters stronger then them but can't amp his own attack power as his semblance is used for defense and support so when he Amps his Aura with it, all it does is regen his Aura and boost it
Maybe say on his profile he can boost the power of others semblances to that levels?

I'd just add it as a note to his Statistics Amplification.

"Can also bolster others to the point that they are able to harm characters they were previously getting stomped by". Put links of the relevant characters too.

He has actually directly shown to be able to amp himself in volume 2 iirc, when he accidentally used his semblance to amp himself and killed the ursa major

Also it's an ability of his in Grimm Eclipse where he just accidentally amps himself and his team via his semblance

He has actually directly shown to be able to amp himself in volume 2 iirc, when he accidentally used his semblance to amp himself and killed the ursa major

Also it's an ability of his in Grimm Eclipse where he just accidentally amps himself and his team via his semblance
ah so GE although i thought he did that via his own hard work paying off

I don't remember that, I just remember him wildly swinging like crazy and the Ursa stood there before dieing.
I might be misremembering but I'm almost positive theres a scene where he subconsciously uses his semblance to break free from Cardin choking him and then he uses the amp to kill the ursa that was threatening Cardin

The scene is even on the rwby wiki page for his semblance

ah so GE although i thought he did that via his own hard work paying off
He never consciously used his semblance before volume 5, GE is him subconsciously using it without realizing it, the writers even confirmed that GE is the first canon appearance of his semblance

I might be misremembering but I'm almost positive theres a scene where he subconsciously uses his semblance to break free from Cardin choking him and then he uses the amp to kill the ursa that was threatening Cardin

The scene is even on the rwby wiki page for his semblance
That was Volume 1 but immediately after Cardin ***** up his hand Jaune literally gets stomped into the dirt with an elicited grunt of pain by one of his goons so the Amp was extremely temporary, especially since after this he nearly got three shot by the Ursa Major in question before Pyrrha netted him the win.

That was Volume 1 but immediately after Cardin ***** up his hand Jaune literally gets stomped into the dirt with an elicited grunt of pain by one of his goons so the Amp was extremely temporary, especially since after this he nearly got three shot by the Ursa Major in question before Pyrrha netted him the win.
I mean yeah, it was volume 1, he didnt even know he had a semblance back then lol

It is evidence that he is able to use it to amp himself though

Yes, but like I said it literally only lasted for three seconds before visibly fading away.
Ye, the early series version of his Semblance that he used subconsciously and wasnt able to use actively is only temporary, even in Grimm Eclipse the buff only lasts for a few seconds

Once Volume 5 came around he learned how to use it actively, and was shown actively using it to amp himself during the training sessions in the Haven and Atlas arcs, so it would be fairly safe to say that Post-Haven and Atlas Arc are ale to do so actively, while Beacon and Post-Beacon are not

Ye, the early series version of his Semblance that he used subconsciously and wasnt able to use actively is only temporary, even in Grimm Eclipse the buff only lasts for a few seconds

Once Volume 5 came around he learned how to use it actively, and was shown actively using it to amp himself during the training sessions in the Haven and Atlas arcs, so it would be fairly safe to say that Post-Haven and Atlas Arc are ale to do so actively, while Beacon and Post-Beacon are not
Yeah all that's fine, I just wanted to clear up the misconception about Volume 1.

anyways sense this is a small CRT we would only need one mod to agree
Before it can be applied. Someone needs to get a scan of him using it on himself or at the very least provide a reference the exact Volume/Episode he uses it on himself since that a needed thing for revisions.

"as playable characters. Each of the members of JNPR has a unique variation on the standard formula of ultimate, team attack and ranged skill trees. For example, Jaune lacks a true ranged attack, instead charging forward with his shield, but is able to boost his teammates' health, speed and damage"

From the rwby wiki

"as playable characters. Each of the members of JNPR has a unique variation on the standard formula of ultimate, team attack and ranged skill trees. For example, Jaune lacks a true ranged attack, instead charging forward with his shield, but is able to boost his teammates' health, speed and damage"

From the rwby wiki

At 0:18 seconds jaune boosts his own attack

Do we accept that game canon? (Honest question because I don't know what's canon to the RWBY verse) If so then I think the addition can be applied once the 48 hour period (after the threads creation time) is up.

Do we accept that game canon? (Honest question because I don't know what's canon to the RWBY verse) If so then I think the addition can be applied once the 48 hour period (after the threads creation time) is up.
We do actually accept the games as cannon

Back