• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Japan's new anti-piracy program

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I just heard that Japan is implementing some new anti-piracy countermeasures in the next few days, and I've been wondering, how do you guys think that's gonna affect us?

http://en.rocketnews24.com/2016/06/...to-search-internet-for-illegal-anime-uploads/

It seems like there's a good chance we're gonna lose access to free online anime, and, although they don't mention manga in the article, we may entirely lose access to online manga. Since we clearly use online manga sites for sources of scans for a lot of feats and calcs, and it seems like most of us who read manga use the online releases for series (since otherwise we'd be something like a year or two behind on feats for ongoing manga), how much of a negative impact will this have on the wiki?

If this is legit, i think it's gonna be really bad for others who can go back to any particular anime or manga online and bring whatever source of evidence they would have used for here...

Umm...that's really horrendous. It looks like we won't be able to see how their feats would be and wouldn't be able to have an accurate opinion in the future. It's going to be a very negative effect here. That means no, you're not allowed to speculate and you're not allowed to see the fights however you wish. If the manga is included too, then you're also no longer allowed to speculate however you wish, since you won't be able to explain what's actually going on.

First though, legit source like Crunchyroll isn't going away with this, and there's some free one you could access to. Second, there's still boundary like lawsuit and geographic to consider (Or else the Simpson would be shutdown a looong time ago), not to mention the method could probably be shady with more secure and personal database and would touch upon some privacy law.

Nostalgia? Nah. What's going to happen pretty much annihilates that to a minimum few or near nothingness.

There's no way they can do this.

It's an absolute hellhole regarding what they can and can't sue for and just whether or not it will be better for them in the long run.

You might see a couple smaller groups go down, but big sites will be okay.

Well, I don't currently watch anime, other than Dragon Ball Super, and the upcoming Tenchi Muyo OVA series, but I really hope that we will not be unable to read any more online manga updates.

If they start some kind of official weekly online manga service, I would not mind paying for it though, but I haven't found any available in my country.

So... How they will deal with Chinese servers I wonder? Russia has similar laws but they block Russians from illegal content. =)

^China are too good with knock-off and piracy business. They ain't gonna be caught.

And face it, this is probably going to be another foiled effort in fighting against piracy.

Steam actualy reduced Piracy in Russia (at least for PC games). From over 90% to around 5-10%. So there is a proper way to beat pirates.

I would not mind paying for downloading the TV series, and manga series that I like, but have not found a way to do so for my Android tablet.

I do pay for a TV license, along with video games, audio books, and Netflix though.

I wouldn't mind paying either but my $$ is not in..."proper condition" for me to do so if something like this gets serious.

I wouldn't mind paying for stuff but my money is like my girlfriend.

I don't have a girlfriend.

The same thing happened a year ago, people were going crazy and what happened?

nothing ,you still could watch anime and read manga online

Piracy can't be stoped , the moment they take down a site ,100 more are created

Well its only due to all that Piracy that anime is so popular outside of japan its a big attraction and economic boost for the country so if they intend to take down anime/manga piracy sites it may have a negative impact on japan. And I dont think most people will want to watch anime by paying any money.

-BANLK- said:
Well its only due to all that Piracy that anime is so popular outside of japan its a big attraction and economic boost for the country so if they intend to take down anime/manga piracy sites it may have a negative impact on japan. And I dont think most people will want to watch anime by paying any money.
Especialy without looking them on TV. Japanese can at least watch them on TV and decide to buy or not.

To be fair, Japan cares only about sale of series within Japan, not caring about overseas sale. That's why series disliked by the west can still continue in Japan if Japanese people like it, buy the manga/ dvd/ BD or merchs and want it to continue

This is like when one of the Pirate Bays was "closed" to avoid piracy.

It's like trying to block the sun with the a finger...absolutely impossible.

Nevertheless, I don't think that Wikia likes that we discuss these types of issues, so it may be best to close this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back