• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

James Bond Tournament Arena Round 1: James Bond vs The Terminator (GRACE)

So both are extremely skilled in fighting. And extremely skilled gun users. Terminator is stronger. And since Bond can only use his 9-A weapons to hurt terminator. He is more limited. Seems like a terminator win at first. But. The T-800 has no resistance to an EMP. Which GG him right there. And looking at his page. He doesn't seem to have a calc. Where bond has a 88 MJ. So his rockets would do extreme damage to Terminator. And a distance battle he definitely could handle, close counters and he loses no doubt. But he wouldn't play it close. Plus having mobility. Bond overwhelms with 9-A rockets. Or more likely. EMPs and GG terminator then and there

If the terminator has no resistance to the EMP, he is absolutely gone. Bond whips out a EMP grenade and it's over right there

Pretty sure one good gun shot shows that. Not like Bonds gonna be fighting him close. Or one missile shot. It's much more likely he learns of it and EMPs him before Terminator gets the killing blow

Terminator should probably stomp due to possessing higher durability, strength, and senses as well as being aided with a targeting system against any move that Bond might make.

He also traded blows with the T-3000 too.

Alien Dual Blaster said:
Terminator should probably stomp due to possessing higher durability, strength, and senses as well as being aided with a targeting system against any move that Bond might make.

He also traded blows with the T-3000 too.
Uh. Bond is 88 MJ and The Terminator doesn't have a calc. If The Terminator has no calc, then he is 4 times weaker

Buttersamuri said:
Let me reiterate something that again nullifies that argument
EMP. GG
Okay. But how exactly does Bond's EMP work? Is it a huge shockwave that covers an entire area instantly? Or does he need to take a device and stab it into the Terminator's skull penetrating his CPU?

It's the former. It's not a massive shockwaves and it's AOE isn't MASSIVE but it doesn't need contact at all and can be just remotely close to it. That's just the EMP grenades

9-A Bond in the vanquish has an EMP pulse which is even better

Buttersamuri said:
I don't know why an EMP would work in the form your talking about. It's a shock wave.
What is its maximum radius of effective range?

If he can hit the T-800 with it, James Bond takes the win I guess.

Otherwise, the Terminator physically outclasses James Bond in every conceivable way.

Your completely ignore the other facts of the fight. Like the Missiles Bond can use which are notably stronger than Terminator. And the range Bond will have

Buttersamuri said:
Your completely ignore the other facts of the fight. Like the Missiles Bond can use which are notably stronger than Terminator. And the range Bond will have
I already admitted that Bond wins with his strongest weapons, but in a man to man combat, Terminator still massacres Bond horribly. That was the point I was trying to throw out.

You really are making it sound like he only wins with the EMO if there's enough range. You didn't give any acknowledgement on the missiles thing which was brought up to be much stronger.

Buttersamuri said:
You really are making it sound like he only wins with the EMO if there's enough range. You didn't give any acknowledgement on the missiles thing which was brought up to be much stronger.
Hence why I already said "with his strongest weapons" for the purpose of including your additional reasoning as to why Bond wins lol. All I said in the end was that if it was a physical slug fest (hand to hand) or something, Terminator has the decisive edge.

Isn't an EMP just a huge spike of electricity in a burst? I'm asking because the Terminator has resistance to electricity manipulation.

Colonel Krukov said:
Isn't an EMP just a huge spike of electricity in a burst? I'm asking because the Terminator has resistance to electricity manipulation.
Yeah a T-800 did resist electricity manipulation to the head in Genisys. It only temporarily slowed him down.

But to be fair, Colonel Krukov, an EMP is defined as an "ELECTRO-MAGNETIC PULSE", which means there is magnetic effects in the discharge as well.

Alien Dual Blaster said:
Even with prep, it's going to be hard to kill someone who can take a serious beating from the T-3000:
That's not really a feat when the Terminator got absolutely mopped by said T3000 effortlessly when it got serious.

Schnee One said:
Alien Dual Blaster said:
Even with prep, it's going to be hard to kill someone who can take a serious beating from the T-3000:
That's not really a feat when the Terminator got absolutely mopped by said T3000 effortlessly when it got serious.
T-3000 may have been physically dominating him severely throughout their duel, but Pops was soaking all those good hits from him and kept on trucking. I doubt Bond would survive against a T-3000 for any more than a few seconds if we're being really kind to his chances.

Pops was literally the second (or maybe even first, if you count his upgraded mimetic polyalloy self by the end of Genisys) strongest incarnation of Arnold's Terminator shown on screen.

Also after being submerged into mimetic polyalloy, T-800 managed to protect himself from an explosion that leveled all the Cyberdyne buildings and wasn't destroyed at the end:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGoagkYcJ38

And there's still his upgraded form where he directly scales to the T-1000's abilities.

https://youtu.be/kX2idONsjk0?t=100

Bond better pray that Liquid Arnold doesn't seep into any one of his orifices, cause I'd be afraid to see what would happen to our beloved agent next.

^ That's the T-850 btw

EDIT: So it is actually a T-800, but for some reason it is listed under the T-850 key which is shown only in T3: Rise of the Machines.

I'm going to make a CRT on this.

Back