• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Jackie Chan Adventures Minor Revision: The Durability and The Speed

Durability:
In Season 1 Episode 3 "The Mask of El Toro Fuerte" (About 19:07), Tohru survived being slammed to a building by Jade Chan's Ox Talisman-enhanced punch and said punch eventually cause the collapse of the building. Tohru's durability can be scaled to this.

Speed:
It is simple: finishing the upgrade from this 2021 CRT. But I'd like to voice my opinion in this: the calculation seems to be accepted and the speed is consistent. It is safe to replace characters like Jackie Chan's reaction speed to 8350000 m/s (Sub-Relativistic) since Jackie Chan has light-related feat too. In Season 1 Episode 4 "Enter the Viper" (About 6:43), Jackie Chan can stole a Tailsman and put a statue to replace the place formerly put the Tailsman which is protected by lasers detectors without being sensed by the detectors.

Sounds good and all but mentioning episodes and timeframes has little value without actual scans
Could you crop the relevant parts, upload them to, say, Imgur, then share them here?

Sounds good and all but mentioning episodes and timeframes has little value without actual scans
Could you crop the relevant parts, upload them to, say, Imgur, then share them here?
I'm sorry I cannot do so personally. I suppose timeframes may be enough to seek help.

For a second I thought it was recently till I read 2022. Either way this thread still is relevant since the show hasn’t been updated in almost two decades.

I just rewatched the show, and I believe the Tohru scaling may be an outlier due to the amount of anti-feats. The Jackie chan characters are easily 9-B (There’s like at least a low end wall level feat on ratio of 1 per episode). With 9-A definitely possible, since their are casual magical spells that fragmented bank vault doors (Daolon Wong, Lo Pei), and pulverizing 2m by 3m structures to nothing (Iso). Although not sure how significant a Tier 8 feat of only one thing to scale all the characters to, when that character was knocked out by such hit.

If 8-C was consistent, the feat would be fine, but if I remember correctly there isn’t.

Significantly affecting a timeline also falls as a tier 2 feat.
The Book of Ages shall have tier 2 then.

Also in general I plan to have a complete revamp thread of this verse since I take keen interest in it, although I want to finish my other ones first. This one might take the longest because I plan to have a blog that links every single feat and above feat with clips, although the long part is due to how long the video to gif transitions are with these websites.

For a second I thought it was recently till I read 2022. Either way this thread still is relevant since the show hasn’t been updated in almost two decades.

I just rewatched the show, and I believe the Tohru scaling may be an outlier due to the amount of anti-feats. The Jackie chan characters are easily 9-B (There’s like at least a low end wall level feat on ratio of 1 per episode). With 9-A definitely possible, since their are casual magical spells that fragmented bank vault doors (Daolon Wong, Lo Pei), and pulverizing 2m by 3m structures to nothing (Iso). Although not sure how significant a Tier 8 feat of only one thing to scale all the characters to, when that character was knocked out by such hit.

If 8-C was consistent, the feat would be fine, but if I remember correctly there isn’t.
JCA has tons of anti-feats and I feel that we need more calculation for feats.

By the way, I have created a general discussion thread for JCA: https://vsbattles.com/threads/jackie-chan-adventures-general-discussion-thread.150715/

What are the anti-feats?
Constant gags of Jackie not being able to break metal or even low-end wall-level feats, falls varying (Some falls are portrayed as deadly, but some of the same distance only knock the wind out of them), Shendu getting knocked down by Jackie and all his feats never being shown in the 7-A category or even Tier 7 ever again.

Back