• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Jackie Chan Revisions

PrettyFearMachine

VS Battles
Retired
Okay, I've looked through Jackie's page, and the feats he scales from are ridiculously inflated. Like, here's his Attack Potency:

"Building level (Jackie is roughly in the same physical tier as Hak Foo and Tohru, the latter crushing cars when he lands on top of one)"

The thing is that said feat is nowhere near Building level, but it's actually only Wall level.

Here's his Durability:

"City Block level (Has fallen off skyscrapers at least 10 times in the show, and managed to save himself somehow each time, regularly Jackie can survive being in close contact [though not physical touch] with magma in regular clothing, and only suffer minor burns at worst [temperature-wise])"

Again, none of this stuff is even remotely close to 8-B, all these feats are around 9-B.

Looking at the 7-A justification, I think it would use some context, as "mountain" is quite a broad word, and might yield 7-C to 6-C results.

My proposal is to change his statistics according to the feats above, or to look for other ones to justify the current stats.

By the way, if there are no showings of mountain busting feat, Jackie's rating should be changed from "7-A" to "Unknow".

Perhaps some of the feats in the profile may be linked to more solid justifications? "(Fought Daolon's Dark Chi warriors single-handedly several times. The dark chi warriors have been shown crushing steel, landing on their feet from falling off canyons, and destroying houses with their magical weapons)."

If he scales to some of those feats, namely, destroying houses, MAYBE his durability is justified? Also, the Attack Potency section of all things mentions Section 13's lasers being "useless". Whether that means they couldn't hurt him, or couldn't hit him, I don't know.

Looking at the episode where the Yak performs the mountain-busting feat.... Well, you can see it here about 2 minutes in: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x553dwj (Sorry if I shouldn't link to that site.) The Noble Animal of the Ox Talisman, a Yak, created a sizeable split in a portion of the mountain Jackie & company were on. Why? It was on the other side of the montain & wanted Jade's energy bar. (Also, the cowbell-locator may have alerted it. But the stated reason is the energy bar.)

How much of the mountain it actually split apart is unclear. They're on a mountain somewhere in the Himalayas, but they've also scaled it enough -& quickly enough- that everyone but Uncle -who's been riding on Tohru's back- is tired.

1. First two are 9-B as well. The third might use some context, as even 9-B characters can destory houses, albeit overtime and it depends on their size.

2. Doesn't say much, as this character doesn't have a profile.

3. Can the mountain busting feat be calculated though? And the link doesn't work to me.

When you say "this character", do you mean Section 13?? Because if so, Section 13 is a military/government organization, not an individual.

Also, Dailymotion doesn't work for you? I'm surprised. Is the page not loading? Is the video telling you it's unavailable? The video was a little slow to load for me, but I still got it to play. If DM works for you but not that specific link/video, I think I saw alternate DM sources for the video when searching.

Forgive me if I'm being rude, but I'm unsure what are safe/acceptable sources to link here, so if you're willing to search for it yourself, it's Episode 12 of Season 3, "The Ox-Head Incident". Apologies.

As for if it's possible to calculate, it does seem like it. I'm not a calc group member nor that smart, but... the mountain size (if needed; the feat only affected part of the mountain, which Jackie & company got to with an arduous climb.) can be assumed into a range since it's stated to be in the Himalayas.

The crack might need some assumptions. We see a shot of the mountain where the snowy top is visible, cut to Tohru & Uncle, then back to mountain, crack has appeared & it shows a little progress before we see the camera pan down. Maybe by considering the environment & fauna we could narrow it down to a specific mountain?

So the split's height is unclear. We would probably need to scale the split in the mountain to the yak or one of the characters & base the height on that, which is awkward with the fact that the top of the mountain isn't visible after it pans down & there aren't many good shots of it to base the full size of the mountain on.

At least we do have a (admittedly vague) timeframe for this. The time between the shot of the mountain without the crack, & with it. 'course, that only accounts for the side Jackie & company were on; It's a safe assumption the avalanche on their side was also a product of the Yak making its way through the mountain so that extends the feat's time a touch, too.

Eh, my point about Section 13 was that the lasers are more likely a product of a weapon, not a superpower. Nonetheless, they would need feats.

Also: Oh. Site is banned in your country.... Oh dear.

Well, the version of the episode I found on Youtube was taken down for copyright reasons. Hmmm. https://www.google.com/search?q="Th...vtXbAhUIz1MKHV_6CSEQ_AUICygC&biw=1280&bih=828 As that Google search shows, there are lots of video sources, some more sketchy than others.

Kiss Cartoon should probably have the video. Still, though, I'm wary of directly linking to possibly unsafe sites, you know?

Sorry for necrobumping, but I´m sure there are some haxs missing in Jackie´s page.

I haven´t watched the series in a while, so I can´t tell much more, but I thought it would be nice to point it out.

Yet another necrobump.

Could somebody else carry out the revisions? I don't have much knowledge on the verse, and I probably won't have much time.

Here's some respect threads. Spoiler, most feats are Wall level to Small Building level.

Shouldn't Lifting Strength be downgraded? Carrying 280 lbs/127 kg is Athletic Human.

Back