• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Izuku (MHA) vs Yang (RWBY)

Kingofwolves999 said:
Watch the Volume 3 episodes 6-8 to understand how they played Yang in that fight.

Weekly, read Yang's profile. Her projectiles come from the gun gauntlets on her arms, not pure kinetic force.
Yang Xiao Long

"Ember Celica: Yang's primary weapon is a former pair, now singular, of gauntlets known as Ember Celica. When Yang throws a punch, she can shoot explosive rounds from Ember Celica for ranged attacks, although not every single jab activates the weapon. Yang has two types of ammunition she can utilize with Ember Celica; Standard Shells and Red Shells. Standard shells create pulses of raw kinetic energy that have no solid projectiles, while Red Shells are a solid projectile that explodes on contact. Ember Celica also has powerful recoil, which can be utilized to augment the force of her punch and accelerate her movements, the force being able to launch her high in the air. She can also use her Ember Celica as a form of armor when defending against attacks in unarmed combat. After the events of "Heroes and Monsters", Yang only has one Ember Celica, due to her lost arm. "

@KIngof Man, I don't really want to watch three episodes just to affirm your argument.

Yang Xiao Long

"Ember Celica: Yang's primary weapon is a former pair, now singular, of gauntlets known as Ember Celica. When Yang throws a punch, she can shoot explosive rounds from Ember Celica for ranged attacks, although not every single jab activates the weapon. Yang has two types of ammunition she can utilize with Ember Celica; Standard Shells and Red Shells. Standard shells create pulses of raw kinetic energy that have no solid projectiles, while Red Shells are a solid projectile that explodes on contact. Ember Celica also has powerful recoil, which can be utilized to augment the force of her punch and accelerate her movements, the force being able to launch her high in the air. She can also use her Ember Celica as a form of armor when defending against attacks in unarmed combat. After the events of "Heroes and Monsters", Yang only has one Ember Celica, due to her lost arm. "

The fact that she has to load shells is proof enough

Insert creative name here 12 said:
She reloaded it in the yellow trailer and again give proof link a video of the author or someone credible saying it or provide a guide book page lie, you did before
And she has not done so since as it was retconned once they made her weapons into energy projectors, just like how she canonically no onger has REd Shells

WeeklyBattles said:
She reloaded it in the yellow trailer and again give proof link a video of the author or someone credible saying it or provide a guide book page lie, you did before
And she has not done so since as it was retconned once they made her weapons into energy projectors, just like how she canonically no onger has REd Shells
For the sake of fair argument, could I have a source on WoG saying she doesn't use dust or ammo?

You know, I never imagined I'd be using Death Battle as an official source, but there we go. Alright, then.

Now,, could I have a source on Mercury's plan that doesn't require me to watch 3 episodes? I have to go to work in an hour. Nevermind.

Alright. Let's re-add the kicking weakness, but agree that her ammo is infinite.

Does anyone mind us making a new thread? This one has been long and complicated.

Nothing proves her ammo is infinite especially when it's mentioned to be able to hold 12 SHOTS and have ammunition
Word of God does.

They said she has 12 shots each right after mentioning that she fires kinetic pulses. They said nothing about which type, so it's assumed they meant both.

Please provide proof of the infinite ammo

Can't believe I have to use the guys that had a tier 8 character beat a 4B because they believed sephiroth fought with illusions just to prove some other guy beats said tier 8 character.

Thursday's are strange

So now that its been settld that Yang having a weakness to kicks is basically nonexistent and Deku's low 7-C shield has been removed the only advantage he has over her is being marginally more intelligent (Which even then is definitely marginal as even though yang is hotheaded she's still a highly skilled fighter both from her combat showings and the fact that she was able to qualify to get into beacon).

Meanwhile Yang is stronger, has higher AP and durability even without her aura or semblance, her aura will block dozens of hits before it goes down and will allow her to regen from his stronger hits, she's much more mobile than he is, has better range, and has unlimited ranged shots.

Deku using kicks still gives him a bit of an advantage. Yang is very reckless and Deku is a lot more cautious and intelligent. The difference in AP is quite small, she doesn't have invite ammo you didn't provide proof to that and she's much more grounded in combat than he is. I still vote Deku

Yang is only reckless if she uses her semblance actually, its the reason why her father trained her to not use it so much during the timeskip

I did provide proof of her having infinite ammo, as well as proof of her using her pseudo flight regularly in combat

The 12 shots are referring to the red shells, i already explained this. Her normal shots dont use ammo as theyre energy projections

And despite regularly using her ranged attacks in combat Yang is never shown to have to reload in any scenario besides the yellow trailer

Again proof they were referring to only her red shots we've seen her reload them before and it's never said her other shots don't need ammo especially since they're called shells just like the red shells

No actually Ruby and Blake have actual instances of them needing to reload, i can post them if you'd like to post when Yang has ever reloaded

Ruby reloading

Blake reloading

Seeing as parts of the trailers and even the first few episodes of the series are no longer canon (stuff like aura didnt even exist in the trailers and Maidens didnt exist until volume 2) its entirely plausible to say that her needing to reload was retconned as she was never shown to need to do so since then. If you know when she has though please do post it.

Back