• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Izuku (MHA) vs Yang (RWBY)

They said Ember Celica has 12 shots, they didn't specify either kind. Considering it can only hold 12 rounds in each gauntlet, they're obviously talking about both types of ammo. It makes no sense for both ammo clips to be the same size, but one is infinite while the other isn't lol.

Also Aura existed when Death Battle made that analysis for Yang, and since to you they're as credible as the show itself, I don't see how Yang not reloading on screen after the yellow trailer = her having infinite ammo. By that logic everyone in the show has infinite ammo as long as they haven't been shown to reload. This argument doesn't hold up.

The intelligence difference is not marginal, it's quite large. Deku can think and plan entire strategies, analyze several opponents abilities, fighting capabilities and options, and determine the best way of defeating them in the first couple of minutes of a fight. Even enemies more skilled than him have difficulty fighting him due to his intellect, so Yang shouldn't be any different, especially since she doesn't do technical planning. Yang's skill comes from fighting alone, being more in the moment, not in depth planning and analysis, so to say the intelligence difference is marginal at best is a low ball.

Also it's noted that Yang has a temper and usually acts recklessly in this key, which is something Midoriya would definitely use against her to get in hits and dodge her attacks.

Also Deku has more stamina than Yang and could honestly just outlast her. Her Aura isn't infinite and wears down as the fight goes on, making her bad at prolonged fights with people on her level. Against Neon Katt, her Aura was down to 35 when her Semblance kicked in and she hadn't even been fighting for 10 minutes. Deku's pain tolerance is higher than any damage Yang could possibly inflict upon him, so she'd have to make him tired, which would take hours.

This battle is fighting skill vs higher intelligence and endurance. Yang is only going to be able to beat Deku around for so long before he analyzes and starts adjusting to her, and he has all the time in the world to do so.

Insert creative name here 12 said:
I could just as easily say Ruby and Blake needing to reload was a retcon and also Weiss, Pyrrha and every character who isn't shown reloading has infinite ammo as well then
See now youre just trying to direct the argument away from the fact that you dont have scans to prove that Yang has finite ammo,

I do not need to prove a negative. You are the one saying she has limited ammo. The burden of proof is on you to prove it.

Ive already posted scans of people in the verse needing to reload in combat, something that Yang has never needed to do. If you have a scan of her reloading in combat post it. If not your argument is moot.

And I have proof we've seen her reload before and she's stated to be able to hold 12 shots and never stated to have infinite rounds. You're also the one who asserted it was infinite and I said there's no proof burden of proof is actually on you since it's your claim we're debating.

Death Battle says she has limited ammo and she reloaded in the yellow trailer. No other source has said she has infinite ammo, therefore she still has finite ammo.

Claiming "she doesn't reload therefore she has infinite ammo" is a non sequitor. That reason for why we don't see her reload has as much grounds to it as me saying she doesn't reload because the animators don't want to animate her reloading. Saying she has infinite ammo despite what canon says is a bad thought process

so i take it youre not going to post any evidence, cool. So with no counterargument, Yang does indeed have unlimited energy shots

The Yellow Trailer shoting her need to reload was retconned, ive already explained this. Hell if you want i can get some scans of her using more than 12 shots in combat without needing to reload since youre so insistent on not posting evidence to support your claim.

Devolving into insults just because you have no evidence is rather uncalled for

Actually no, almost half of the shots in both fights were consecutive in both fights with no implication that she reloaded.

Weekly, you're literally ignoring everything we're saying in favor of devolving to "no proof = I win the argument." Everytime someone brings up a point against Yang, you just ignore it or say because we don't have a scan of it there is no possible way we can be correct.

Yang let off 40 shots over the course of a fight. She has 48 shots in Ember Celica, counting both types of ammunition, and that each gauntlet has 12 shots each. So no, that doesn't prove she has infinite ammo. Unless you have proof of Yang shooting more than 48 times consecutively in a single fight, she has to limited ammo.

My points about higher intelligence and Yang's aura being bad for prolonged fighting still stand.

Im not ignoring anything, on the contrary im completely open to your arguments if you ever actually provide evidence to back them up instead of just arguing that anyone who disagrees with you is ignoring what you say and using headcannon

Ember Celica has 12 shots according to you, and the Red Shells need to be swapped in manually.

Again, still waiting for any evidence outside of the retconned scene from the yellow trailer from. either of you

Red Shell is 12 shots, normal shots are ammoless as theyre just energy projections. I asked Insert and i'll ask you, if you have a scan of yang reloading outside of the Yellow Trailer please do post it. If not then you really cant just say she has finite ammo for a weapon that doesnt normally use ammo in the first place.

Everyone HAS shown to reload actually, Yang is the only one thus far that has not. Even weiss was shown to need to reload her weapon in the fight against the Lancers.

Seeing as Yang on her own has done stuff like beat a faster oppoinet by destroying the ground to ruin their footing so she could hit them and regularly performs coordinated attacks with her teammates you relaly cant say that Yang does no in-combat planning or strategizing whatsoever.

Yang's temper is directly tied to her semblance. Since her semblance is not allowed here, her temper is not going to be a factor.

Deku does not have more endurance, a higher pain tolerance yes but not more endurance, both of them have a similar feat as a means of justification for their stamina. Also her aura going down doesnt lower her durability and without hr semblance it wouldnt be making any change to her fighting ability other than losing her regen, her durability is still 8-C+ even if her aura is down.

Actually its skill, range, mobility, strength, and slightly higher ap and durability vs intelligence

" Everytime someone brings up a point against Yang, you just ignore it or say because we don't have a scan of it there is no possible way we can be correct. "

Yes, that is how a debate works. You cannot argue something with no evidence to back it up and expect people to blindly believe you.

What makes the normal rounds ammo less? Also give me a scan of Nora and Pyrrha reloading.

You also do ignore points I brought up Monty's interview and you ignored it

So you're saying her semblance makes her angry? What? Where is that said?

A character's ability to perform coordinated attacks when told what to do doesn't show they can plan or analyses their opponent very well.

The problem isn't that we don't have evidence, it's that you're saying we need a picture of Yang reloading outside of the time we have of where she reloaded. You're asking for more evidence when the burden of proof is on your side. We have our example of her reloading, where are you examples of her having EXPLICITLY infinite ammunition? Give me the proof or statement where Yang has exactly infinite rounds to fire from Ember Celica if you have it.

The guy with a gun sword that fought Pyrrha and was on Cardin's Team was never been shown to need to reload, therefore he has infinite ammo to you? Torchwick never reloaded, does he have infinite ammo? Emerald never reloaded, does she have infinite ammo? Pyrrha? Neptune? Sun? Many characters haven't reloaded, should the whole RWBY verse get upgraded to infinite ammo now?

Your entire argument is that a character has something they have never demonstrated, because we haven't seen much of the contrary.

For instance: let's say a character has never been shown to bleed in their fights, and I make the claim that this character has no blood and is therefore immune to blood manipulation abilities. Does that make any sense to you? You're claiming that "we haven't seen it therefore it doesn't exist," and that is a faulty argument.

RWBY characters without Aura are far more susceptible to damage when they have no aura, even against people on their tier. Name a point in time where a RWBY character wasn't severely injured after getting hit while their aura was down,

Deku's feat is more impressive than Yang's because she wasn't being constantly bombarded by Grimm every minute of the hour, it was just she did a lot of Grimm fighting that day due to how many were present in the area. You're taking that feat severely literally, she wasn't fighting for hours on end. It was a mixture of fighting and investigating the ruins of Mount Glenn. Deku literally did nothing but fight Pixie Bob's earth beasts with no rest for several hours because she could seemingly infinitely respawn them with no effort. Grimm died and stayed dead until the next pack showed up, the earth beasts died and got back up. Hence why Deku has Very High stamina to Yang's High.

Yang coordinating with people is not a feat of intelligence that wins over Deku at all, and beating a fast opponent by doing something as simple as breaking the ground is not critical thinking. Deku predicted the exact positions of elastic air by analyzing the exact position that a character dozens of meters away from him was when he placed those barriers by simply understanding his patterns and looking hard. Deku has coordinated with entire groups of people to create combination attacks and moves on the fly without any practice beforehand, but you want to bring up the combo moves Yang has done while under someone else's instruction, practiced, and not due to her own tactical prowess?

Nothing v1-3 Yang has done is anywhere near Deku's level of intelligence when it comes to planning and analyzing, that is such a wank for Yang it's funny.

Skill and range (limited) vs ridiculous intelligence gap and decent endurance gap. The AP/Dura diff is literally a non factor since both of them scale higher than the feats attributed to them. Mobility is pretty equal except Yang has pseudo-flight, but Deku can move and fight in mid air as well, just can't stay there, and his wall bouncing movement is better mobility wise than Yang's pseudo flight considering this fight is mostly on the ground.

I already gave scans of thy thyere ammoless, stated to be projections of raw kinetic energy, they physically lack a projectile. Dont have any of Pyrrha reloading as she rarely used her rifle in combat but Nora has instances of using up all of her ammo and being forced to exclusively use her hammer for the remainder of combat

Such as? If this is the thing about kicks that entire CRt already dealt with that.

Yes, her semblance enrages her, hence why she was trained to not use it until she absolutely needed it after the timeskip, something that not only her father noted but she displayed in the end of Volume 5 fight but restrained herself from using.

They werent told what to do, all that was said was their team attack name

It isn't specified which rounds need to be reloaded and which ones aren't solid or whatever. Nora's hammer still had all its ammo in it so that example doesn't work

Doesn't dismiss the fact you initially ignored it and even ignored majority of the fight to fit your point

Correlation isn't causation

They've clearly trained to use team attacks since they recognise the names of them and Yang and Blake pull the same team attack twice plus the stuff Yang does in said team attacks is really basic

Before this stamina point becomes an absolute cluster of paragraphs, I'm going to refrain from discussing it until the ammo point is addressed. If I ignore it, just understand I don't want to be typing for a long time rn.

Insert creative name here 12 said:
Ok so let's just focus on the ammo issue then before we get another 200 replies
Agreed

Post Yang reloading in anything other than the retconned Yellow Trailer scene or drop it

Because a lot of stuff from the Trailers was retconned in the actual series, as i explained before, Aura did not even exist in the trailers

Back