• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Izuku (MHA) vs Yang (RWBY)

I am the knowledgeable member and its a weakness that does not exist, therefore its a small change that can be done without a CRT

Your knowledge might be flawed and has been proved as such several times before, tho.

This is exactly the same case that appeared on a Law matchup where someone pointed a weakness in his profile that it hasn't been demonstrated. Did I delete that part without asking? No, because that's out of the standard procedure and I might be wrong with that one. So what did I do? I asked to the other members and another knowledgeable member said that he didn't noticed such sentence in the profile, agreeing with removing that part.

THIS is the correct way of handling profiles, not just "muh knowledge is maximomum" to justify an edit without asking someone else.

>Melanie: Takes two steps forward

>Yang: Spins around elbows her in the stomach and immediately drop kicks her

Yeah deeeeefinitely a weakness there

Did you just ignore my post you're also only looking at the end of the fight and dismissing how Melanie pushed Yang back while Miltia was stomped also in case you plan on ignoring my previous reply Monty Oum said Yang's biggest weakness is people who use kicks

You're actually ignoring the link I posted. Are you so insistent on a rwby character winning that you ignore points that can provide a loss to them? You also have to add Yang's weakness to kicks back since it has a source and you were wrong

Im going off the video you posted and anyone can watch it as well to confirm it

She has no weakness to kicks

That's clearly not what is being referenced for Yang having a weakness to kicks, you're intentionally ignoring what's happening. Yang can quite easily beat miltiades, yet her sister who is on the same level holds her off and does better, simply because her fighting style revolves around kicking. Monty himself in that very clip says that kicks are Yang's biggest weakness, and there is nothing to disprove that statement from the author himself.

Also changing a character's profile based off the character likely losing a match due to a weakness sounds very not cool.

Yes, i am serious. Feats > Word of God, and even in that video Yang displayed no outward weakness towards kicks and easily disposed of Melanie

Yang had more trouble against Melanie than Militia, Neo stomped her, Mercury held back and still held the advantage and Yang needed her semblance to 'win' nothing contradicts Monty's words.

More trouble yet she still stomped her, ironically with a kick of her own

Neo fought her while she was half asleep and she doesnt use exclusively kick based combat

She beat Mercury regardless

She beat Mercury when he was holding back also you're honestly just showing that you're an unreliable source if you disregard the author's words without proof and to fit your narrative even if she beta Melanie she had more trouble with her than Militia that is an undeniable fact

I dunno whether that weakness is true or not, but it should be added back and a CRT should take place to debate whether or not should it actually be removed.

Beating someone that's holding back makes your feat of beating them irrelevant, especially if that person WANTS you to win, like what Mercury wanted.

She had more trouble against a weaker opponent because they exploited her weakness, kick attacks, which supports Monty's words. Someone can exploit your weakness and still lose if they're not good enough. Which is unfortunate here because Deku is way smarter than Yang on top of using her weakness, hence why he wins.

Listentomyrhytm said:
I dunno whether that weakness is true or not, but it should be added back and a CRT should take place to debate whether or not should it actually be removed.
It should be added back since the author's own words on freaking video support it and nothing in the series contradicts it Weekly is just biased and doesn't want Yang to lose

Mercury wanted to lose, so Yang didn't beat anything. Stop using that as an example please, or go rewatch that episode. Blaming Yang for injuring an opponent was literally a central part of the villains plan.

Insert creative name here 12 said:
It should be added back since the author's own words on freaking video support it and nothing in the series contradicts it Weekly is just biased and doesn't want Yang to lose
Even if she has a weakness to kicks she still wins for a plethora of reasons

Even if she has a weakness to kicks she still wins for a plethora of reasons

Are you conceding the point that she has a weakness to kicks? Cool.

Deku outsmarts her and chips her health down. She can't use her Semblance so no power ups to be had. It's literally Yang's skill vs Deku's intelligence, stamina, usage of her weakness, and Low 7-C shield on his arm. Not to mention his kicks hit twice so her Aura will be going down incredibly fast.

Deku takes it

Yang has several years of experience over Deku on top of having a massive range advantage, AoE damage, a decent AP advantage, is much more mobile, has the regen and a forcefield to help deal with any hits Deku manages to land, and should they get into something like a grappling contest Yang's LS would let her easily overpower him.

Also I'm unsure if you can be taken seriously since you ignore facts and lie to to make your favourite character win
No offence but, that was a bit rude and uncalled for. Whether or not it's true you gotta listen to em to see if they bring up a good argument, if they do it again then you can doubt them.

Jesus christ, what has this turned into?

WeeklyBattles said:
Yang has several years of experience over Deku on top of having a massive range advantage, AoE damage, a decent AP advantage, is much more mobile, has the regen and a forcefield to help deal with any hits Deku manages to land, and should they get into something like a grappling contest Yang's LS would let her easily overpower him.
Deku has taken on and beaten people who are more experienced than himself, she prefers CQC and since speed is equal her attacks can be dodged, Deku can pulverise the ground too he scales above Jiro who can do it, .12 tons isn't that much, not really she can pseudo fly but is pretty grounded in most fights, regen?, forcefield? You mean her aura? Which as you've admitted can be worn down.

No offence but, that was a bit rude and uncalled for. Whether or not it's true you gotta listen to em to see if they bring up a good argument, if they do it again then you can doubt them.

Weekly has been ignoring a fact for a bit now, changed Yang's profile to give her a better chance and has also lied at least twice I have my reasons to doubt him

Forgot to remove the Gauntlet, he doesn't need that since Yang's Semblance is out of play.

Back