• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Izuku (MHA) vs Yang (RWBY)

People attacking me for a minor revison

Ah yes, a minor revision of a weakness that has been proven true in this thread. And without a CRT, surely we can't be mad about that, no good sir, we cannot.

@Weekly Just chill for a moment and stop playing victim.

@Everyone else Additionally, chill for a moment. Weekly didn't give Yang passive Existence Erasure, y'know. And if Yang did defeat leg-based combatants (wait, Deku punches! Why the hell does this matter?) then the weakness is far less notable than sold.

Overall, just chill, everyone. For just one moment.

Moritzva said:
@Weekly Just chill for a moment and stop playing victim.

@Everyone else Additionally, chill for a moment. Weekly didn't give Yang passive Existence Erasure, y'know. And if Yang did defeat leg-based combatants (wait, Deku punches! Why the hell does this matter?) then the weakness is far less notable than sold.

Overall, just chill, everyone. For just one moment.
Ok I'll calm down but for the record rusty said this is current Deku restricted to 5% so he does kick and while Yang has beaten one leg based combatant she still showed significantly more trouble against them than another opponent who used their hands the weakness doesn't mean she gets stomped but it's still a notable advantage.

Insert creative name here 12 said:
Deku has taken on and beaten people who are more experienced than himself, she prefers CQC and since speed is equal her attacks can be dodged, Deku can pulverise the ground too he scales above Jiro who can do it, .12 tons isn't that much, not really she can pseudo fly but is pretty grounded in most fights, regen?, forcefield? You mean her aura? Which as you've admitted can be worn down.
Yang does not prefer CQC, she regularly uses ranged attacks in v1-3, especially against a far away opponent, i can provide scans if you'd like. And also has AoE attacks like her ranged shockwaves that grow in size the further away they get.

Pseudo Flight is still much more mobility than Deku will have in this fight as his air shockwaves are banned.

It takes dozens of hits for her aura to be taken down by someone on her level.

The range advantage doesn't matter much since both of them like to fight up close and Deku can just dodge the projectiles easily anyway. Aoe is irrelevant, both of them can destroy their surroundings all day if they wanted to. AP Advantage is literally .1 ton, OP didn't round 1.28 the right way, so it's not decent it's barely noticeable. Both of them are equally mobile, Deku literally ping pongs around buildings and trees with ease, and I'd say he's the more mobile one actually since Yang relies on ammunition to get around and she doesn't have an infinite supply. Regen only helps if she takes minor damage anyway so it doesn't matter and both it and the "force field" are limited by her Aura, which runs out as the battle goes on.

Deku can fight for hours and has a stupidly high pain tolerance, while Yang is running on a health bar. It comes down to if she can manage to beat him before her Aura runs out, and since he's way smarter than her and uses kicks, that's not happening. Skill only takes you so far when your endurance doesn't let you keep up after an hour.

@Moritzva the one leg based combatant she beat wasn't nearly as intelligent as Deku, nor did she have as much of a pain tolerance or stamina. Hence why Deku wins in this situation. Also Deku has been kicking since the second half of Season 3, idk where you've been.

Now, since it is a minor revision and making an entire CRT for it seems quite... wasteful, let's discuss it here, since it's relevant.

Monty said she was weak to leg-based styles. Did she beat Mercury because of leg-based fighting, or despite it? If the latter, it should stay on her profile, though admittedly not as a very bad weakness.

WeeklyBattles said:
No honestly you cant because i did make a CRT
Just now, but you first removed the weakness without a CRT, you even said it didn't need one. But I can't complain now because it's added back, right?

Deku has taken on and beaten people who are more experienced than himself, she prefers CQC and since speed is equal her attacks can be dodged, Deku can pulverise the ground too he scales above Jiro who can do it, .12 tons isn't that much, not really she can pseudo fly but is pretty grounded in most fights, regen?, forcefield? You mean her aura? Which as you've admitted can be worn down.
Yang does not prefer CQC, she regularly uses ranged attacks in v1-3, especially against a far away opponent, i can provide scans if you'd like. And also has AoE attacks like her ranged shockwaves that grow in size the further away they get.

Pseudo Flight is still much more mobility than Deku will have in this fight as his air shockwaves are banned.

Regarding leg skill, I apologize- I haven't kept up with MHA much past Season 2.

I honestly think we should use this match's thread to discuss weaknesses, then make a new thread. There has been so many revisions and key changes and CRTs, and I don't even know if the OP is updating anymore. A new thread would really help clarify things, I imagine.

Thoughts?

She does prefer CQC and Deku can dodge and approach her, ranged shockwaves? Please provide scans

Pseudo flight she doesn't use in CQC

Dozens of hits an opponent who uses kicks and will analyse and attempt to predict her fighting style can land

Kingofwolves999 said:
I'd say he's the more mobile one actually since Yang relies on ammunition to get around and she doesn't have an infinite supply.

Deku can fight for hours and has a stupidly high pain tolerance, while Yang is running on a health bar. It comes down to if she can manage to beat him before her Aura runs out, and since he's way smarter than her and uses kicks, that's not happening. Skill only takes you so far when your endurance doesn't let you keep up after an hour.
Wrong, she doesnt use projectiles she turns the energy of her punches into raw kinetic energy projectiles, she has an infinite amount of ammo because of this.

Yang is able to fight for hours too my guy, its literally part of her stamina section

Before we continue, may we solve the issue of Yang's weakness to leg attacks, and discuss the possibility of a new thread?

"Yang does not prefer CQC" is a lie. She uses her gunshots as an opening move, and when the opponent gets close she loves to start punching.

Pseudo Flight is limited to her ammunition and is just a slightly better version of Deku's bouncing.

Good thing Deku has the endurance to fight for hours and will be hitting her dozens of times.

Yang cannot fight for hours against people on her level. That feat was with her team against brainless Grimm that died in single hits not trained fighters. Her Aura runs out in less than an hour against people comparable to her.

And yes she does use projectiles to launch herself, it's literally what the gun part of ember celiac is for.

</div> Wrong, she doesnt use projectiles she turns the energy of her punches into raw kinetic energy projectiles, she has an infinite amount of ammo because of this.

Yang is able to fight for hours too my guy, its literally part of her stamina section </div> Could you provide proof it's the kinetic energy of her punches?

Moritzva said:
Did she beat Mercury because of leg-based fighting, or despite it? If the latter, it should stay on her profile, though admittedly not as a very bad weakness.
According to Insert, it's because Mercury held back and wanted her to win.

There is Word of God proof. So, let's take Mercury.

Did Yang win despite Mercury's advantage with leg attacks? Since it's possible for you to beat a weakness, yet still have it be a weakness. Bog's sorta weak to fire, yet he can still fight people in RHG who use fire.

Listentomyrhytm said:
Moritzva said:
Did she beat Mercury because of leg-based fighting, or despite it? If the latter, it should stay on her profile, though admittedly not as a very bad weakness.
According to Insert, it's because Mercury held back and wanted her to win.
Apologies- typed before I saw this.

Could you cite proof for this?

Kingofwolves999 said:
"Yang does not prefer CQC" is a lie. She uses her gunshots as an opening move, and when the opponent gets close she loves to start punching.

Pseudo Flight is limited to her ammunition and is just a slightly better version of Deku's bouncing.

Good thing Deku has the endurance to fight for hours and will be hitting her dozens of times.

And yes she does use projectiles to launch herself, it's literally what the gun part of ember celiac is for.
she has infinite ammo so that kinda defeats the point of of what you just said

Kingofwolves999 said:
No one is saying Deku wins sorely because he uses kicks. We're saying he wins because he has kicks + intelligence + higher stamina.
And I didn't say Yang wins if she's not weak to kicks. What I am saying, is that we need to focus on one topic at a time, rather than a hodge-podge of topics flung like monkey excrement at the zoo.

@Moritzva

The villains plan revolves around having Mercury lose that fight so Emerald could use her semblance on Yang to make her attack Mercury whole his aura was down, in order to create negativity to help with the Grimm invasion. He threw the fight so he could operate behind the scenes while the public thinks he's "back at home with family"

WeeklyBattles said:
Proof she has infinite ammo?
Because she doesnt use bullets, her weapon fires raw kinetic energy
May I ask where the energy comes from? Iirc a lot of weapons use dust, which isn't infinite.

Kingofwolves999 said:
@Moritzva
The villains plan revolves around having Mercury lose that fight so Emerald could use her semblance on Yang to make her attack Mercury whole his aura was down, in order to create negativity to help with the Grimm invasion. He threw the fight so he could operate behind the scenes while the public thinks he's "back at home with family"
If you don't mind, do you have a clip or source for this? It's pretty important, since if this is true, the stated weakness should be re-added.

Watch the Volume 3 episodes 6-8 to understand how they played Yang in that fight.

Weekly, read Yang's profile. Her projectiles come from the gun gauntlets on her arms, not pure kinetic force.

Back