• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't deny the fact that dao or essence hasn't potential to become 1A, It just lacks feats and cosmology to build it up to 1A, Definition of Dao isn't enough. There are many fantasy novel that claims mana is a source of all things too but they are no feats to support that why there only end up in 2A.

Well, Since @Zaratthustra know about Masadaverse, I will use it as an example, why Masadaverse is qualified but ISSH not.

Masadaverse
Masadaverse has clear cosmology that separates between canvas and space.

• There is a Throne that represents canvas.
  • Hadou god is the artist.
  • Taikyoku is color.
The universe is birth from the color that God uses to paint canvas, basically, Universe is just a picture. In Masadaverse there is no Infinity-D but we know it contains 24D in K3 and before 4th Heaven, the Throne is only has 4D, It becomes multiverse after Mercurius reign as Throne God. Then why Hadou god is accepted as 1A being, how sure that Hadou god isn't just 25D? Because The universe size is just like how the beauty of art, it didn't represent God strength. No matter how many dimensions contains in the universe, The Universe is still a picture nothing more.

By this cosmology and feats, we got 1A Throne and 1A Hadou god without using Taikyoku definition "The origin and source of all things".

Er Gen verse
The cosmology is like There is one true universe, inside it has numerous subspaces that large as universe like Vast Expanse, In ISSH or AWE, I cannot find a quote to point out that True universe is 1A structure too.

I know Meng Hao has this feat that sounds like Hadou god.

"In my eyes, the world is just a canvas." Meng Hao -- ISSH Chapter 1346: Essence of space!

To Meng Hao, the entire starry sky became a canvas painting '-- ISSH Chapter 1598: You Can Call Me… Su Ming!

The description is just like Hadou god paint canvas to create the universe but fundamentally is the difference.

A feat treats the universe as a canvas is just reality wrapping, no matter how greats artist is it cannot make a 2D canvas to become 3D. Meng hao feat affects against the starry sky(space) but Hadou god affects something that beyond that.

So, besides the definition of dao, there is no feat or anything to support it to became 1A.

The feat from ISSTH you used was done when he didn't even have an Essence (talking about the first quote), it was him comprehending the Essence of Space. That one was done when he didn't even reach or knew about Vast Expanse. "Time... the Essence of time!! No, the Essence of time doesn't have an aura like that. That's... that's...." [..]

"That's... that's a bit of 'Daosource' aura, in the form of the 'Daosource' of time!!" The Eighth Paragon shook as icy coldness spread up his spine and filled his body. Then he screamed and fled."
[..]

"And he also saw something that he 'was sure exceeded' Essence, an amalgamation of space and time that exhibited a trace of the properties of 'Daosource' which created... a terrifying sealing mark!"

At that point (from which you quoted), Meng Hao's Essence of Space was still under Vast Expanse level. Here his Essence of Time is already starting to surpass it as it has a bit of aura of Daosource.

Then Vast Expanse come in image and the only way to be above it's to become a Transcendor and become a Daosource.

"They were Essences unto themselves who not even the will of the Vast Expanse could interfere with.

Transcendence, and the 'Daosource' 'Realm,' were completely independent of natural and magical law. Such cultivators were their own form of natural 'law,' and gave birth to their own Essence.

They were completely and utterly independent"

A short description of a Transcendor.

"In fact, it even went beyond the natural laws of the starry sky, exceeding all limitations. This was not just simply the power of Transcendence, it went to a realm beyond that, the Ancestor Realm!"

This was said in the fight between Meng Hao and Allheaven - the starry sky of the Vast Expanse and beyond it.

"No matter how powerful the new natural laws were, he didn't flinch from them, and in fact, crushed them underfoot.

Allheaven would create them, and Meng Hao would destroy them."

"In the Daosource Realm, you can actually create natural laws, and also destroy them!"

Note that this is not a Law Manipulation in the normal sense but he was creating Essences that affected the whole Vast Expanse.

"Anyone who was not within the Ancestor Realm would be killed in body and soul by the shockwave created when the white and black lights made contact. There were no magics that could exceed this, not within this starry sky. In fact, even within the Universe as a whole, it was something uncharacteristically rare. This battle had reached the ultimate pinnacle."

The battle between them was exceding the Vast Expanse and in the True Univese is was something rare.

Feats done by him as a Transcendor which affect all existence or similar as the yare not your normal Law Manipulation as at this point they are beyond Essence and are Daosource Laws.​
1."I, Meng Hao, hereby decree that in this starry sky, there will henceforth be no Aeon Span!" His voice echoed out like thunder, provoking an instant reaction. The starry sky of the Vast Expanse was altered. It didn't matter whether or not the will of the starry sky agreed. Meng Hao changed it, ensuring that the Aeon Span was something that could not exist for all eternity."
2."I am the will of the starry sky," he said. "I am its soul. My words are natural law, and my thoughts are magical law!

"On this day, I lay down a new law. Wherever I stand, there shall be no safe place for this cultivator!"

As soon as the words left the clone's mouth, the starry sky began to tremble. Rumbling like thunder could be heard, and rifts opened up above. Cracking sounds could be heard as the rifts spread out and joined together. Heaven-rending Earth-crushing power radiated out as... a new natural law appeared.

At the same time, the void around Meng Hao began to collapse, transforming into a huge black hole. It was as if this new natural law caused all existence to be unwilling to get near Meng Hao. According to this natural law, there was no safe place for Meng Hao in this starry sky!

The black hole was not a true black hole, but rather a manifestation of how the starry sky and the void itself would not permit Meng Hao to safely remain within them. As they retreated, a hole was left behind, something infinitely dark that connected to the area outside the Vast Expanse, to the Universe. If Meng Hao fell inside of it, he would eventually be driven completely away.

The battle had advanced beyond the use of divine abilities, and into the realm of fighting with natural law. It was a terrifying level of combat that exceeded the imaginations of most cultivators. It was a type of combat only for Transcendent cultivators."

"Eyes glittering brightly, he said, "My Dao is that of freedom and independence, of being unrestrained and unfettered. I do not wish to have Heavens looming over me that belong to someone else. My Dao is my Essence. Wherever I stand, I can call upon the Essence of my Dao to dispel and shatter natural and magical laws. Nobody can expel me from this place!" He flicked his sleeve, causing the power of his Dao Essence to rumble out, changing the natural and magical laws, which twisted and shattered.

'Beneath him, the black hole vanished, causing everything to return to normal. Of course, only Allheaven was aware that in this battle of natural laws, the danger involved vastly exceeded anything that ordinary cultivators could comprehend."

3."Meng Hao snorted coldly. "I am a Transcendent cultivator, half a step into the Ancestor Realm. The light of the starry sky doesn't deserve to touch me. You don't need to strip it away, I hereby tell it to screw off!"

4."A boom could be heard as the stone hand shattered. Meng Hao appeared, but quickly vanished, reappearing some distance off, his eyes flashing.

'"Eighth Demon Sealing Hex, Body-Mind Hexing!'

"Lock down the void, the starry sky, and natural laws. Lock down everything I desire to lock dow!"

5."This Tenth Hex exists in a realm that I cannot grasp. Only in the right circumstances could I unleash it, for example, when the Ninth Hex is available as the foundation, with the power of Nirvanic rebirth to catalyze the Hex.
"The Eighth Demon Sealing Hex was the first of the Hexing magics that he had mastered, and the one he had used the most often. It was also the first Hexing magic that gave birth to an Essence for him.

The power of the Essence of space, once fully unleashed, was terrifying to the extreme. And of course, considering the current level of Meng Hao's cultivation base, he could utilize the Eighth Hex to the ultimate degree.

Anything which he saw could be rendered as a painting. Thus, anything Meng Hao could see could be sealed, if he wished it to be!"

This is the first part of the second quote at which their potency gap is so big that's it's useless to compare as one was done without one Essence while the other was done being a Transcendor. The second one is between his battle with Allheaven - don't compare them as Meng Hao was already at that point at Unknown Realms.

1b?ii dont think so.

see the original chinese

Õ¡ƒµÁ®þ£ïÕê░õ║åµùáµò░þÜäþ®║Úù┤´╝îÚéúõ║øþ®║Úù┤µ£ëÕñºµ£ëÕ░Å´╝îµ£ëþÜ䵿íþ│è´╝îµ£ëþÜ䵩àµÖ░´╝îÕîûõ¢£õ©ÇµØíµØíõ©Øþ║┐´╝îÞ┐Öõ║øõ©Øþ║┐Õ¡ƒµÁ®þ僵éë´╝îõ╗ûµ»Åµ¼íµû¢Õ▒òþ¼¼Õà½þªüµù´╝îÞ┐Öõ║øõ©Øþ║┐Õ░▒õ╝Üõ╗ÄÞÖܵùáÚçîÕç║þÄ░´╝îþ╝áþ╗òÕ£¿Þó½µû¢µ│òõ║║þÜäÞ║½õ©è´╝îÕ░üÕì░Õ»╣µû╣õ┐«õ©║õ©ÄÕàâþÑ×ÒÇé

Õăµ£¼´╝îÕ¡ƒµÁ®õ╗Ñõ©║Þ┐Öõ║øõ©Øþ║┐´╝îµÿ»Õñ®Õ£░ÕåàþÜäÞºäÕêÖµ│òÕêÖ´╝îÕŻգ¿Þ┐Öõ©ÇÕê╗´╝îõ╗ûþ╗êõ║Äþ£ïµ©à´╝îõ╣ƒþ╗êõ║ĵÿÄþÖ¢´╝îÞ┐Öõ║øõ©Øþ║┐……õ©ìµÿ»ÞºäÕêÖ´╝îõ©ìµÿ»µ│òÕêÖ´╝ü

Õ«âõ╗¼µÿ»þ®║Úù┤´╝ü

what meng hao see is justµùáµò░þÜäþ®║Úù┤ mean countless spaces´╝î i dont know why the translator add the word dimensional which make things more confusingÒÇé

@Zoorooz117

Your post is extremely misleading.

contains 24D in K3

A big nope, the dimensionality of the multiverse during Hajun's reign was never explained. Yakou Madara's dimensional dislocation reaching up to 24 doesn't neccessarily equate to the multiverse being 24D either.

and before 4th Heaven, the Throne is only has 4D

The multiverse was speculated to be a 4D universe, not the Throne. The Throne is beyond-dimensional, time doesn't exist for the throne in any manner

Naraka ( who supposedly became one with the Throne ) is said to be capable of subjugating the entire Pantheon, the Throne is definitely not 4D.

Universe is just a picture.

Never a justification to begin with.

Dplio90 said:
1b?ii dont think so.

see the original chinese

Õ¡ƒµÁ®þ£ïÕê░õ║åµùáµò░þÜäþ®║Úù┤´╝îÚéúõ║øþ®║Úù┤µ£ëÕñºµ£ëÕ░Å´╝îµ£ëþÜ䵿íþ│è´╝îµ£ëþÜ䵩àµÖ░´╝îÕîûõ¢£õ©ÇµØíµØíõ©Øþ║┐´╝îÞ┐Öõ║øõ©Øþ║┐Õ¡ƒµÁ®þ僵éë´╝îõ╗ûµ»Åµ¼íµû¢Õ▒òþ¼¼Õà½þªüµù´╝îÞ┐Öõ║øõ©Øþ║┐Õ░▒õ╝Üõ╗ÄÞÖܵùáÚçîÕç║þÄ░´╝îþ╝áþ╗òÕ£¿Þó½µû¢µ│òõ║║þÜäÞ║½õ©è´╝îÕ░üÕì░Õ»╣µû╣õ┐«õ©║õ©ÄÕàâþÑ×ÒÇé

Õăµ£¼´╝îÕ¡ƒµÁ®õ╗Ñõ©║Þ┐Öõ║øõ©Øþ║┐´╝îµÿ»Õñ®Õ£░ÕåàþÜäÞºäÕêÖµ│òÕêÖ´╝îÕŻգ¿Þ┐Öõ©ÇÕê╗´╝îõ╗ûþ╗êõ║Äþ£ïµ©à´╝îõ╣ƒþ╗êõ║ĵÿÄþÖ¢´╝îÞ┐Öõ║øõ©Øþ║┐……õ©ìµÿ»ÞºäÕêÖ´╝îõ©ìµÿ»µ│òÕêÖ´╝ü

Õ«âõ╗¼µÿ»þ®║Úù┤´╝ü

what meng hao see is justµùáµò░þÜäþ®║Úù┤ mean countless spaces´╝î i dont know why the translator add the word dimensional which make things more confusingÒÇé
Now this explain many thing. But what about the context itself? Was it talking about spatial dimension or just spaces as in places?

That's google translate though.

I'd rather trust the official translation whose translator keeps in touch with Er Gen, the author himself.

But this is just my opinion.

Eganergo said:
Dplio90 said:
1b?ii dont think so.

see the original chinese

Õ«âõ╗¼µÿ»þ®║Úù┤´╝ü

Now this explain many thing. But what about the context itself? Was it talking about spatial dimension or just spaces as in places?
just spaceÒÇé

In chinese´╝îif you want to say something about spatial dimension you should use the word þ╗┤Õ║ª´╝îonly a word like þ®║Úù┤ have nothing to do with spatial dimensionÒÇé

ZackMoon1234 said:
That's google translate though.
I'd rather trust the official translation whose translator keeps in touch with Er Gen, the author himself.

But this is just my opinion.
deathblade is a good translator´╝îbut i think he like polish the original text and you can ask any chinese about þ®║Úù┤'meaning

Deathbalde often asks for permission from Er Gen himself to be allowed to polish stuff unless it's really an unimportant minor thing.

Also, would transcending natural laws that constitute time in all of it' entirety in every dimension be High 2-A? If yes, at least that is a minimum for essence, tough 1-B does seem better.

If the infinitely more domineering part comes after the 1-B part maybe even a "high" before that.

I have to unsubscribe to this thread due to time constraints. Please use my message wall if you need my help later.

yes its just a minor thing´╝îevery chinese read þ®║Úù┤ will know it mean space´╝îthere are no other explanation is neededÒÇé

And i think if you want to say ergen is using his personal language and tell nothing to his chinese fans´╝îyou should give some evidenceÒÇé

No, it isn't. Deathblade finds the endall doall of the verse important.

Your second sentence doesn't make sense.

If you mean if I think "Er Gen is explaining the mechanics of his powers to chinese fans wrongly", that happens a lot of time. Deathblade also needs to change things for continuity, and Er Gen does make errors.

easy´╝îeasy

i think you just dont understand the meaning of þ®║Úù┤ and you must use þ╗┤Õ║ªorµ¼íÕàâ to express spatial dimension ÒÇé

you maybe think ergen useþ®║Úù┤ in different way´╝îbut do you have any evidence´╝ƒ you cant just assume this without any evidenceÒÇéergen have never talked to his chinese fan my space is not space but dimension´╝îor maybe he is just talk to you´╝ƒ

and you think deathblade have asked ergen about þ®║Úù┤=dimension stuff´╝îalso do you have any evidence´╝ƒ

And you do realize that sometimes the flowery languages aren't meant to be taken literally, right?

I'll try using Dies Irae Localization as an example, during Mitsudomoe, Mercurius was said to have destroyed the "universe" despite it being an infinite multiverse.

Sometimes you need to look at the context behind instead of going "lol it says so".

Ravenous4th said:
And you do realize that sometimes the flowery languages aren't meant to be taken literally, right?
I'll try using Dies Irae Localization as an example, during Mitsudomoe, Mercurius was said to have destroyed the "universe" despite it being an infinite multiverse.

Sometimes you need to look at the context behind instead of going "lol it says so".
Among the countless dimensional spaces, he saw that they could be described in terms of length, height, breadth, and overall size. And yet all of that seemed to be only a portion of what space was.

Yep, absolutely unfounded, hyperbolic language.

I was just drawing an analogy that "space" could mean a lot of things and that you should look at the context behind it before taking the word literally.

Especially in an obscure Chinese novel

You get what I mean.

I guess, but when he literally describes width, lenght and height as a portion of the concept of space, which has unlimited possibilities, you can't help but think that spatial space is what is being talked about.

Ricsi-viragosi said:
I don't need proof for assuming that Deathblade is doing his job.
so ´╝îyou dont have any evidence and assume the translator is absolutely right

and assume he have absolutely asked ergen about þ®║Úù┤=dimension

even original Chinese text say different things´╝îit just means the original Chinese text is wrong´╝îand you don't even need to give evidence to prove thisÒÇé

okay ´╝îvery goodÒÇé

Ricsi-viragosi said:
I guess, but when he literally describes width, lenght and height as a portion of the concept of space, which has unlimited possibilities, you can't help but think that spatial space is what is being talked about.
Really? When i read this word, i thought of this as universe. Infinite possibilities means infinite universes.

Also, you guys seem to be misunderstanding the threads part.

With an additional thread, it is no longer a circle, but a sphere

It's rather obvious that he made the 2-D construct 3-D by adding an extra thread, of which he has "countless threads".

Dplio90 said:

even original Chinese text say different things´╝îit just means the original Chinese text is wrong´╝îand you don't even need to give evidence to prove thisÒÇé

okay ´╝îvery goodÒÇé
That doesn't matter dude...

Lenght, width and height are literally stated to be what make up that space, which automatically makes it dimensional.

So unless your claiming the part about the width, height and lenght was not there in the original, yout argument about the lack of dimensional being slapped in your face doesn't matter.

Ricsi-viragosi said:
Dplio90 said:

okay ´╝îvery goodÒÇé
That doesn't matter dude...
Lenght, width and height are literally stated to be what make up that space, which automatically makes it dimensional.

So unless your claiming the part about the width, height and lenght was not there in the original, yout argument about the lack of dimensional being slapped in your face doesn't matter.
Don't misinterpret my words´╝îok?

what i want to say is just

µùáµò░þÜäþ®║Úù┤ have nothing to do with countless spacial dimensions ,µùáµò░þÜäþ®║Úù┤ is just mean many spacesÒÇé

understand ?

@Dplio Lets just for a moment assume that he means spaces, as in universes. In that case he didnt get any stronger compared to the "realms" below him.

Imagine Goku getting a new form and being like:

"Wow thats the most powerfull yet, all the other forms cant even compare"

And when asked how much more powerfull it is, he is like:

"ITS A TIMES 1 MULTIPLIER!!!"

And everyone is like:

https://youtu.be/3V5VaKLA3fQ?t=35

Doenst make much sence, now does it?

Also, no, a singular thread has nothing to do with a universe.

This is because it is later pointed out that him adding an extra thread to the circle and making it a sphere, it also became a whole world of it's own.

Combining multiple universe should not create one world, so yeah.

RatherClueless said:
@Diplio Lets just for a moment assume that he means spaces, as in universes. In that case he didnt get any stronger compared to the "realms" below him.

And everyone is like:

you needt assume anything ,in chinese þ®║Úù┤ just dont have the meaning of spacial dimension´╝îunderstand´╝ƒjust check any Chinese English dictionary´╝îaks any chinese ´╝îyou will get þ®║Úù┤=space

and chinese never say 10 þ®║Úù┤ ´╝îthis is worong´╝îyou should say 10þ╗┤Õ║ª´╝êdimension)´╝îok´╝ƒ

this original text have nothing to do with countless spacial dimensions

and if you want a 1b rating´╝îjuts give us another scan ´╝îok

RatherClueless said:
@Dplio Lets just for a moment assume that he means spaces, as in universes. In that case he didnt get any stronger compared to the "realms" below him.

And everyone is like:

and your argument can never prove the1b rating

you should give the scan of endless dimensions ÒÇé

THE very same logic a guy on spacebattles used to downplay Hadou Gods to multi-universal.

It doesn't matter what language is being used.

What matters is that every single quote justifying such rating needs to be thoroughly analyzed so we know that it isn't just some hyperbole rubbish the author throws around.

Just because the word wasn't mentioned doesn't mean that you have the right to dismiss every other statements referring or implying dimensional space.

You know, it's not like all authors out there want to insert pseudo-science jargon into their ancient-themes novel.

and chinese never say 10 þ®║Úù┤ ´╝îthis is worong´╝îyou should say 10þ╗┤Õ║ª´╝êdimension)´╝îok´╝ƒ

Not even sure why you are saying that... I never said anything else or did I?

"and your argument can never prove the1b rating

you should give the scan of endless dimensions."

Never said it does. Just saying that people here claim, that being vastly above other people is nothing but a x1 multiplier. Zara gave a scan of a guy, who is far below essence, who could already see countless universes, while Meng Hao, who understood the essence of space, saw (iirc) some of the threads blurry. So he is weaker than someone who doesnt understand the essence of space....sure, that makes sence.

Also, if you are so hell bent on it not being dimensional, then please explain what it means in the context of the quote.

Not even sure why you are saying that... I never said anything else or did I?

i think You want to interpret þ®║Úù┤ as dimension´╝îdont you´╝ƒ

and you say inconsistentcy? if you have read any book,you shouldt ask some question like this

,they are just book ,most powerful being's feat can weaker than most weak one.

and

Zara gave a scan of a guy, who is far below essence, who could already see countless universes,

can you give me the original chinese text?i want to check.

"i think You want to interpret þ®║Úù┤ as a dimension´╝îdont you´╝ƒ"

The thing I bolded is the key word here.

"they are just book ,most powerful being's feat can weaker than most weak one."

What? If u r saying, that a strong person can have worse feats, than a weak person, then sure. If you are saying that the strong persons abilities of seeing/understanding stuff can be worse, even though him getting stronger was by understanding stuff, then no.

"can you give me the original chinese text?i want to check. "

ask Zara

Edit: and like I said before, the transloator has a twitter. Someone could just go and ask him (I dont have a twitter account, so yeah)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back