• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Issei boosts and blitzes Alex, vaporizing him

Alex spends the day regenerating a bit

Alex comes back much later spreading gas.

Issei boosts and blitzes Alex

Suddenly he is catching his heart and getting turned to an infected

Fight end.

Nope redlight couldn't spread across water, blacklight does not share this weakness as shown when it spread from manhatten to other areas of new york in prototype 2. We got confirmation from the devs the reason mercer jumps out of water is due to them not having time to add swimming animation/mechanics.

Even then calling redlight weak to water is disengenous, the infected couldn't swim and the air born variety of the virus couldnt cross large bodies of water. So its more accurate to say redlight couldn't spread over water but the individual infected weren't harmed by it, they simply couldn't navigate/swim in it.

edit theres a reason blackwatch wasn't using hoses to fight off the infected :p

Oh yeah couldn't spread across water. I had a vague memory of a sort of water weakness but couldn't remember. No wonder i don't remember it being removed during prototype 2 (the game freaking sucked, og prototype FTW).

Anyway so:

1. Why is alex mercer gonna come with gas after the revival?

2. As i said regen after vaporizing is not only extremely wonky, but the problem is it also takes some amount of time and some material to reconstruct (as shown when he needed the crow to reform since he lacked mass).

3. Regen itself is pretty taxing. Alex cannot regen continuously from damage without absorbing bodies, as shown throughout literally the whole show with the nuke, james beating his regen eventually and even the basic gameplay. So if not the 1st, the 2nd dragon shot would surely put an end to him (but hardly gonna happen cus dragon shot is an AoE, there will be hardly anything to consume even after the 1st vaporization).

Debunked here the need for crow/biomass, the regen was futher covered here

Alex regen is mid high, this can not be bypassed by disintergration or vaporization, it took alex somwhere between four and tweleve hours to recover from vaporization so still combat applicable.

If you disagree make a crt... Im not sure theres much conversation/debate to be had here. As the profile is mercer cant be killed by issei and alex infection can and will kill him. Alex in his top key is liable to gas to create an infected zone. After reviving he's going to know the danger issesi poses and open by trying to infect him.

Hey, this isn't at all fair either way

But Fire said Issei stomped and I needed to show otherwise.

The low end for his regen time is an hour high end is eight. So as it's within twenty four hours mercer literally can't lose. I tried to explain that to firephoenixearl but he insisted issei could win/stomp so I made this at the request of schnee.

Edit at first I was going to use a lower key of issei but to hammer the point home I went with his strongest

Both of those seem incredibly flawed. The need for biomass is like the main point of the whole series, needing to consume others for info and regen. I may indeed make a crt once the rakudai one is finished.

Also still doesn't explain how James tired his regen.

@Bff don't the flames produce an effect similar to PoD?

Then create the crt, as it is issei cant win.

The point of the series was to consume for information I can't think of a single story mission where its mentioned as being neccesarry for his regen. I played again last week and it's never mentioned that he requires biomass to regen.

So outside of game mechanics what evidence do you have? What evidence that hasn't been disscussed already? We've talked about the heller fight, weve talked about the crow. Heller fight was pis, mercer still had enough mass to cover the entire city in tendrils...

We've done this before and if you want we'll do it again but it seems pointless to me as its just going to result in everyone copying/pasting the arguments from the last threads,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back