• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Gojo vs Alex Mercer

vs

Both Low 7-C
SBA
Speed =

Another stomp, Robo. Seriously, you have to think at least a little bit more before posting these matchups.

Alex can't touch Gojo so all of his main hax are immediately cut off since they require him to touch the opponent with his biomass in some form.

Meanwhile, Alex has no resistances to Gojo's spatial, matter, void, and information hax.

Low-High, and even Mid-High, won't save him for very long. He's just going to get beaten around until Gojo eventually uses Purple to erase him.

ok maybe if alex and gojo are 5m apart
Gojo passively has an infinity barrier around himself, check his page. It's a spatial technique that splits the distance between himself and the opponent into infinite points that have to be crossed in order to actually touch him.

Alex can't do that do the distance doesn't matter. His only chance is getting Gojo to be the one who touches him and infect him that way.

Wouldn't Alex's gas be able to bypass Infinity? On Gojo's profile it says Infinity has limitations when faced with more intricate chemical structures, such as toxins.

Wouldn't Alex's gas be able to bypass Infinity? On Gojo's profile it says Infinity has limitations when faced with more intricate chemical structures, such as toxins.
Only back when he was a teen.

I mean is it said anywhere that he overcame complex chemical structures bypassing Infinity? If so then that should be noted on his profile.
I don't know if it's directly stated but I feel it's pretty obvious he has.

Adult Gojo can easily manipulate space, even at the atomic level. And if he hadn't of figured out poisons, even 13 years later, then I think literally everyone in the series would be carrying poison gasses around.

Also, he isn't ever incapable of phasing out gasses, even in his teen years, he just has difficulty with it, since it involves manipulating more complex molecular structures which require further concentration from his six eyes.

So even if this was a younger key I'd still say the chance of gas affecting him is very minor, especially considering he doesn't even need to focus on defending from anything else, since nothing else Alex has going for him is a threat at all.

Not really. There is no such statements for him perfecting infinity on the level it can short out poison.
I don't know if it's directly stated but I feel it's pretty obvious he has.

Adult Gojo can easily manipulate space, even at the atomic level. And if he hadn't of figured out poisons, even 13 years later, then I think literally everyone in the series would be carrying poison gasses around.

Also, he isn't ever incapable of phasing out gasses, even in his teen years, he just has difficulty with it, since it involves manipulating more complex molecular structures which require further concentration from his six eyes.

So even if this was a younger key I'd still say the chance of gas affecting him is very minor, especially considering he doesn't even need to focus on defending from anything else, since nothing else Alex has going for him is a threat at all.

Anyway, can the poisons even inflict his biological hax stuff by themselves or nah? Cause if not RCT probably just shuts them down.

You are conceding that poison bypasses an infinite distance on the atomic level. Not only is this assertion wrong, but it’s confirmed wrong, considering Choso’s poisonous blood cannot reach him, period.
None of your scans has nothing to do with what I said. There are different ways a poison can be used. Just because poison in Choso's blood which is slower than and perceived by Gojo isn't reaching Gojo doesn't mean other Poison wouldn't reach him.

You can’t prove that it can.
I don't need when Gojo himself states that he can't sort out Poision. Also
Choso's blood which is slower and perceived by Gojo isn't reaching Gojo doesn't mean other Poison wouldn't reach him.
Feel free to show me scans for poison which can spread by air can't reach Gojo.
Poison traveling through liquid like blood compared to traveling through air as a medium are drastically different ways that cant be compared tbh.
Yeah this is my point

guys guys
i made this thread for the non smurf list
does gojo stomp here
we need confirmation that gojo stomps so he can take alex's place in the list

When he was a teenager with an incomplete Limitless.
Same infinity technique so which proves my point Gojo was sorting out based on his own skills not because of the technique
Spreading through the air implies traveling. Traveling requires movement. Movement requires distance. Limitless is an infinite distance. It won’t work.
Extraordinary claims needs extraordinary evidence to support it.
Gojo still uses air to breathe. So it's still your burden to prove he had Perfected infinity to the point currently he can sort out Poison on any level.
As best MGQ pointed out choso Poision manipulation is bad example.
I won't be replying if you keep repeating the same thing. I need scans not something which is not written or implied.

Why are you guys acting like he couldn't stop gasses at all. He just said it's more difficult for him, not that they completely bypass his Infinity.

And that was him 13 years ago.

If Gojo literally has nothing to focus on BUT some gasses, then I don't see any reason he wouldn't be able to block it out. There is literally nothing else Alex can do.

Even if Gojo just saw the gas and then flew into the air, he'd completely disable any chance of Alex winning.

This argument is dumb.

Why did someone have to make this cursed asf matchup. 😫

Anyways, I don't care what the explanations for Gojo's Infinity is, either showcase an explicit scan/statement where adult Gojo's Infinity can filter out chemical substances (e.g. poisons, diseases, micro-organisms, etc.) - even a Word of God statement of that is sufficient - but if Gojo lacks such a scan/statement… Then it can’t be safely said that he can block the viral gasses.

That’s just how feats are evaluated in this site.

Also, blocking out poisonous liquid is not the same as blocking out poisonous gasses - not only because the medium used for the poison is vastly different, but also because it involves two complete different states of matter as well. Gojo needs scans to prove he can block gasses, and so far, Gojo currently only has explicit scans demonstrating that he can block solids and liquids.

Last edited:
man i was just looking at the strongest non smurf list and saw that alex is above gojo
Mercer isn’t even Low 7-C for his base stats anymore, he’s 8-A for his base stats, and only base stats are considered for qualifying for a specific tier in the non-Smurf list.

Mercer should be removed from the Low 7-C non-Smurf list, he can only qualify for the top 10 8-A or the 9-A non-Smurf list now.

Low 7-C Gojo is being used. This means this is teenager Gojo, based on the current profile… So we're using the same teenage version of Gojo that struggled against poisons.
he was literally just upgraded, lol. When this match was made, all of his keys were Low 7-C.

Anyway, it's the exact same case with the teenager version.

It being hard for Gojo =/= he can't do it.

he was literally just upgraded, lol. When this match was made, all of his keys were Low 7-C.

Anyway, it's the exact same case with the teenager version.

It being hard for Gojo =/= he can't do it.
Yeah, but him saying it is already enough to prove he’s struggling with it - and considering teenage Gojo lacks the scans to prove that he can block poisonous gasses, then he can't block it, and that alone is more than enough indication that him being unable to block it is more likely than him being able to block it.

As far as how this site operates, the burden of proof is on the user to prove a character can do something, but proof is not needed to be provided to state that a character can't do something (so the user needs to provide proof to prove a positive, but they don’t need proof to substantiate a negative). So the burden of proof is on you to prove teenage Gojo can block poisonous gasses by giving explicit scans. If teenage Gojo lacks the explicit scans, then he can't block poisonous gasses because he lacks the feats to do so, it's as simple as that.

If you can't provide the scans, then teenage Gojo's Infinity blocking poisonous gasses can't be substantiated, it’s as simple as that.

Back