• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Issei Hyoudou vs Dante (Devil May Cry)

Status
Not open for further replies.
CaptainFalcon64 said:
Phantasys said:
CaptainFalcon64 said:
Touhou ranfuku said:
CaptainFalcon64 said:
Touhou ranfuku said:

Do you actually know what kinds of powers Issei has? Just to be sure.
Dragon Shot
Dress Break

Bilingual

Flame Blaze

I can also name his Gear if you like.
Well, so you really don't know. Give me Dante's hax list.
'Yamato,Sparda,Rebellion,Allastor,Ifrit,Cerberus,Igna and Rudra,Gilgamesh,Bangle of Time among others.'Simply too many to list, theres more than just these too.
Those are his weapons...those aren't even hax as they all boil down to basic destruction. The only difference is the Bangle of Time...which would do all of jack shit considering Issei's capable of shaking off a god's time-freeze.
Yamato bypasses durability that's an absolute 1 shot. Just because they are weapons doesn't mean they don't have hax.
Lol...yamato disregards durability? Then tell me why Dante couldn't shove it through the Savior with his strength alone and had to shoot it to get it in.

Dante has Dreadnaught which gives him invulnerability, doppelganger, some elemental weapons, royal guard and royal release, jackpot! can seal demons, and if you think about it, dante was able to dodge lightning in dmc3, in the anime (between dmc1 and dmc3) he was country level so in dmc4 he should be stronger and in dmc2 he put a limiter because he was getting too powerful. the hellgate thing, Dante was just testing yamato

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qivKjZ0jgik - royal guard

royal release is one of Dante's most powerful atacks

CaptainFalcon64 said:
Phantasys said:
CaptainFalcon64 said:
Touhou ranfuku said:
CaptainFalcon64 said:
Touhou ranfuku said:

Dragon Shot
Dress Break

Bilingual

Flame Blaze

'Yamato,Sparda,Rebellion,Allastor,Ifrit,Cerberus,Igna and Rudra,Gilgamesh,Bangle of Time among others.'Simply too many to list, theres more than just these too.
Those are his weapons...those aren't even hax as they all boil down to basic destruction. The only difference is the Bangle of Time...which would do all of jack shit considering Issei's capable of shaking off a god's time-freeze.
Show me Issei's feat oh wait it also doesn't exist
The shoulder cannons fired releasing an extremely massive blast! Even as I tried my hardest to maintain my footing, I could not stop the impact from the recoil, and it sent my body backwards...! I used all my strength to stop myself from flying away!

The high output energy was fired into the midst of the Heroes Faction!

"Interesting, I will take this shot, legendary dragon!"

Heracles stepped up in front, was he trying to take my attack--

"Don't take it! Evade!"

Cao Cao yelled and used the base of his spear to hit Heracles away from the line of fire! Cao Cao and the other members then swiftly escaped my attack.

Without hitting anyone, the cannon blast continued flying onward far away behind them.

KABOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!

A large explosion shook the entire space while the city in the background was engulfed by the gigantic aura!

...The energy continued to spread, surrounding the entire city with intense light!

As the bright light faded, nothing was left! The cannon blast eliminated the entire scenery, and even the game field was affected and the artificial dimension began to show signs of distortion!

"...Destroyed the whole city! Hey! If he keeps firing, this dimension won't last!"

Phantasys said:
CaptainFalcon64 said:
Phantasys said:
CaptainFalcon64 said:
Touhou ranfuku said:
CaptainFalcon64 said:
Touhou ranfuku said:

Dragon Shot
Dress Break

Bilingual

Flame Blaze

Yamato bypasses durability that's an absolute 1 shot. Just because they are weapons doesn't mean they don't have hax.
Lol...yamato disregards durability? Then tell me why Dante couldn't shove it through the Savior with his strength alone and had to shoot it to get it in.
It's called game mechanic, unless you want to say that Goku gets 3 shotted by a dog in Legacy of Goku or that Kirby has apple durability for being hurt by an apple or that GTA characters can take machine gun bullets with limbs being uninjured.

@CaptainFalcon64

If he's referring to the cutscene, that's less a gameplay mechanic and more a low-end/instance of a power not always working.

Besides, it's possible that that means the Savior simply has resistance to spatial hax.

Gabriel 00 said:
Dante has Dreadnaught which gives him invulnerability, doppelganger, some elemental weapons, royal guard and royal release, jackpot! can seal demons, and if you think about it, dante was able to dodge lightning in dmc3 in the anime (between dmc1 and dmc3) he was country level so in dm4 he should be stronger and in dmc2 he put a limiter because he was getting too powerful. the hellgate thing, Dante was just testing yamato

Dreadnaught freezes you in place while you charge it up, in the time Dante charges it up Issei would've incinerated him already.

Doppelganger...excellent you have two targets and city level AOE will get them both no problem.

Elemental weapons don't mean squat, Dragons are nigh-on immune to anything not anti-dragon.

Royal Guard is rather useless on attacks that hit more than once in a short period of time and requires perfect timing, Issei can control his shots after they've been fired...it'd be easy to throw off Royal Guard's timing. Royal Release only works 1 foot to the front of Dante's body...LOL fat lot of good it'll do against a flying enemy.

Jackpot is only ever used on a weakened enemy that's already in another dimension, it won't work here.

Issei speedblitzed a lightning timer while giving her a prior warning...and that was two powerups ago.

Now you're just plain fanboying, real facts please.

CaptainFalcon64 said:
Phantasys said:
CaptainFalcon64 said:
Phantasys said:
CaptainFalcon64 said:
Touhou ranfuku said:
CaptainFalcon64 said:
Touhou ranfuku said:

Dragon Shot
Dress Break

Bilingual

Flame Blaze

It's called game mechanic, unless you want to say that Goku gets 3 shotted by a dog in Legacy of Goku or that Kirby has apple durability for being hurt by an apple or that GTA characters can take machine gun bullets with limbs being uninjured.
I'm talking about the cutscene.

ThePerpetual said:
@CaptainFalcon64
If he's referring to the cutscene, that's less a gameplay mechanic and more a low-end/instance of a power not always working.

Besides, it's possible that that means the Savior simply has resistance to spatial hax.

So in that case does Lady's Kalina Ann have spatial resistance too? She blocked Yamato with it in DMC3. It's obvious that "can cut through anything" is flowery language.

Phantasys said:
Well, Yamato slashes opened rifts in dimensions (Shown in DMC3 and 4 Special Edition, such as when the Order of the Holy Sword opened a portal with it). Also, Vergil's Judgement Cut and Dante's Dimensional Slash create distortions on space.

ThePerpetual said:
@CaptainFalcon64

Its because The Saviour was powered by the Sparda blade. Yamato stalemates any weapons which Sparda himself created Rebellion being a prime example. So when a being is powered by Sparda's sword it makes sence that it would be immune to Yamato's slicing.

Yamato has demonstrated being able to cut open a dimensional plain which allowed Vergil to basically hop around the demon world via slicing the air hell it even allowed Vergil to slice an exit out of a telepathic assault. And due to DMC4 Dante being stronger than a DMC3 Vergil I can assume Dante can pull off the same feats.

Or Saviour has resistance to spatial attacks which is odd considering Rebellion did manage to stab into the Saviour without much problem. Most of it seems PIS.

Phantasys said:
So in that case does Lady's Kalina Ann have spatial resistance too? She blocked Yamato with it in DMC3. It's obvious that "can cut through anything" is flowery language.
Then it was a contradiction, since it managed to damage the Devil Bringer, that is considered invulnerable in DMC verse. (It is pretty obvious that Lady's Kalina Ann has inferior durability than it)

Phantasys said:
CaptainFalcon64 said:
Phantasys said:
CaptainFalcon64 said:
Phantasys said:
CaptainFalcon64 said:
Touhou ranfuku said:
CaptainFalcon64 said:
Touhou ranfuku said:

Dragon Shot
Dress Break

Bilingual

Flame Blaze

The Savior itself stated that Yamato couldn't cut it, the same can't be same for Issei whos made of bones and blood. Savior =/= Issei.

Top kek to the people who actually think Yamato is weak due to Kalina Ann pis nonsense. Thats like saying OPM is weak due to not being able to catch a mosquito.

Bending space? Issei's fistfight with Sairaorg also warped dimensions...but we're not arguing that his fists can ignore durability.

Yamato ignores durability, Dante has Trickster to teleport and use royal release.

Issei has projectiles and can fly

I'm not saying this is gonna be a stomp, but i think Dante wins by experience and hax, they seem equal phisicaly, could be a pretty long fight

Judgment-Cut said:
ThePerpetual said:
@CaptainFalcon64

Its because The Saviour was powered by the Sparda blade. Yamato stalemates any weapons which Sparda himself created Rebellion being a prime example. So when a being is powered by Sparda's sword it makes sence that it would be immune to Yamato's slicing.
Yamato has demonstrated being able to cut open a dimensional plain which allowed Vergil to basically hop around the demon world via slicing the air hell it even allowed Vergil to slice an exit out of a telepathic assault. And due to DMC4 Dante being stronger than a DMC3 Vergil I can assume Dante can pull off the same feats.

Or Saviour has resistance to spatial attacks which is odd considering Rebellion did manage to stab into the Saviour without much problem. Most of it seems PIS.
Cut a dimensional plane? Issei's fistfight with Sairaorg tore holes in a warped artificial dimension, he didn't even need a fancy sword. Cut its way out of a telepathic assault? That makes no sense.

The Savior was not powered by the Sparda, because Sanctus was wielding it.

So basically you're trying to convince me a sword can ignore durability...when it's consistently failed to ignore durability.

Can an admin lock this please Phantasys is not going to stop despite him being outvoted even with the facts against him presenting that Dante clearly wins.

CaptainFalcon64 said:
Phantasys said:
CaptainFalcon64 said:
Phantasys said:
CaptainFalcon64 said:
Phantasys said:
CaptainFalcon64 said:
Touhou ranfuku said:
CaptainFalcon64 said:
Touhou ranfuku said:

Dragon Shot
Dress Break

Bilingual

Flame Blaze

The Savior itself stated that Yamato couldn't cut it, the same can't be same for Issei whos made of bones and blood. Savior =/= Issei.
The savior can't talk, Sanctus stated it. Also Yamato couldn't cut Lady's mundane rocket launcher...no excuse for that now is there?

CaptainFalcon64 said:
Can an admin lock this please Phantasys is not going to stop despite him being outvoted even with the facts against him presenting that Dante clearly wins.
As I said "I never expected a fair debate", and facts? None of you have given a single DC feat.

Phantasys said:
CaptainFalcon64 said:
As I said "I never expected a fair debate", and facts? None of you have given a single DC feat.
If you refuse to accept the facts then make a tread about downgrading Dante, as it stands he clearly is superior to Issei.

Phantasys said:
Judgment-Cut said:
ThePerpetual said:
@CaptainFalcon64

Cut a dimensional plane? Issei's fistfight with Sairaorg tore holes in a warped artificial dimension, he didn't even need a fancy sword. Cut its way out of a telepathic assault? That makes no sense.
The Savior was not powered by the Sparda, because Sanctus was wielding it.

So basically you're trying to convince me a sword can ignore durability...when it's consistently failed to ignore durability.
The Saviour is connected with Sanctus. Thats how Nero was able to one shot due to him stealing away his Sparda blade and damaging him in general. Don't try to out DMC me it will end badly for you..

"Warped artifical dimension" does not make it a pure dimension. Yamato allowed Vergil to travel through the demon world by cutting open dimensional plains and allowing him to access them. Its how Vergil was able to locate Dante and Arkham. And yes cutting your way out of a telepathic assault makes no sense it adds to the power Yamato contains.

The sword has ignored durability multiple times in the series. Its just you finding the 3 most low end and PIS contradictions to it and being flat out in denial.

Top kek at Saviour not being powered by the Sparda when it was the weapon that allowed it to function in the first place. You're a funny guy.

@Judgment-Cut is clear that he is not going to stop, even when the facts are stacked against him, is better to just stop with this already and give Dante the win.

Issei isn't gonna one shot Dante and Dante isn't gonna one shot Issei. Issei can fly an shot energy beams and Dante can royal guard them when Issei is weakened Dante can use Jackpot!

Lol...No the savior collapsed because the two components that made of its core (Nero and Kyrie) were taken out. I've been playing DMC for over 10 years now...I know the verse inside out and what you're doing is wanking.

Not a pure dimension? So what's the distinction? Nothing states that real dimensions are any harder to breach. Vergil cuts through an illusion? I hope you're not talking about the manga...that was made non-canon once DMC3 came out as it contradicted canon.

Ignored durability multiple times...and failed just as many times. You can claim PIS all you want but canon's canon.

LOL...they stated they needed "Sparda's blood" not Sparda's sword. Stop making things up.

Oh this is rich...two fanboys being out debated and proceeding to declare themselves the winners. Just stop, you two are embarassing yourselves.

Phantasys said:
Oh this is rich...two fanboys being out debated and proceeding to declare themselves the winners. Just stop, you two are embarassing yourselves.
Hypocrite much?, YOU are the only one clearly making a fuss out of this and getting angry over it, again you don't like it make a tread about it instead of complaining. BTW i'm not a DMC fan I only played the first game.

...I see the problem here.

Phantasys believes that Dante is inaccurately labeled in regards to power level due to not possessing Island/Country level feats of destructive capacity. Perhaps an admin could explain the difference between attack potency and destructive capacity? We can't exactly ignore the former, most of our entire wiki runs on it; if we were to do so, almost every character, verse, or similar here would need a massive overhaul.

ThePerpetual said:
...I see the problem here.
Phantasys believes that Dante is inaccurately labeled in regards to power level due to not possessing Island/Country level feats of destructive capacity. Perhaps an admin could explain the difference between attack potency and destructive capacity? We can't exactly ignore the former, most of our entire wiki runs on it; if we were to do so, almost every character, verse, or similar here would need a massive overhaul.
I'm aware that you rank Dante as 6-B because of the cloud splitting feat from Abigail. But there's a problem as we've seen that every time a hellgate closes there's a shockwave created from the closing. The most notable example is in DMC4 when Dante removes Yamato the shockwave causes dust to fall from the ceiling. Abigail made a big hellgate, which closed on its death. It had nothing to do with Dante.

CaptainFalcon64 said:
Phantasys said:
Hypocrite much?, YOU are the only one clearly making a fuss out of this and getting angry over it, again you don't like it make a tread about it instead of complaining. BTW i'm not a DMC fan I only played the first game.
So...you jumped into a debate knowing absolutely nothing about either combatant and expected your word to be taken seriously? Well good to know...I'll be sure to ignore everything you say from now on.

CaptainFalcon64 said:
Phantasys said:
Fair enough Falcone. I will stop my argument for the moment unless more is needed.

Phantasys said:
CaptainFalcon64 said:
Phantasys said:
So...you jumped into a debate knowing absolutely nothing about either combatant and expected your word to be taken seriously? Well good to know...I'll be sure to ignore everything you say from now on.
Because I only played 1 game?, I researched. If not playing a games despite researching means nothing that no video game character has feats, like I said stop complaining and make a tread if you don't feel like Dante's profile is not what it is,unless your afraid of being debunked and denied of a Dante downgrade, as it stands Dante is surperior if you choose to be ignorant about it then thats on you.

Close the treat, people are starting to being ignorant. The majority of the pro-Issei arguments are: Issei wins because Dante don't. Dante is superior in hax and both are envenly matched phisicaly

Lol...No Issei wins because he can multiply his power at a moments notice and divide his enemies power just as easily. He's also hell of a lot more manuverable than Dante.

Phantasys said:
Lol...No Issei wins because he can multiply his power at a moments notice and divide his enemies power just as easily. He's also hell of a lot more manuverable than Dante.
Issei is outvoted and your only arguments are PIS. Dante wins.

Cry me a river.

Let's not attack each other, 'kay? How about you provide counter-reasoning now that things have (relatively, at least) calmed down?

ThePerpetual said:
Let's not attack each other, 'kay? How about you provide counter-reasoning now that things have (relatively, at least) calmed down?
Both profile shows you who is the winner, anything else is either going to make Dante's win more believable than it already is or Issei somehow is going to get UB3R powerful despite him not being above Dante.

ThePerpetual said:
When you have people who respond to me saying that a specific low end PIS feat was legit because it was canon while he completely ignores the other canon feats which show off Yamato's power is ludicrous and horrificly biased. Dante has the most votes so I don't really need to waste my time typing up a argument only for it to be spat on and disregarded.

Judgment-Cut said:
Phantasys said:
Cry me a river.
Facts>fanboy wank. Take it up with Capcom if you want to ignore canon.

Phantasys said:
Judgment-Cut said:
Phantasys said:
Cry me a river.
Facts>fanboy wank. Take it up with Capcom if you want to ignore canon.
Go on chat if you want a debate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back