• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Isaac gets all of items, Rick gets his optional inventions. Neither have prior knowledge. Speed is equalized.

Isaac: 3 (SpookyShadow, GoCommitDi, KrisKirby)

Rick:

Incon:

Did you ever see Isaac incapping someone?

How can he incap Rick anyway? He has precog, also has timehax, Low 2-C AP, his wall of hax, et cetera et cetera

Yes? There's no reason why Isaac wouldn't use his items. He can incap with transmutation and sealing. Flush can transmute Rick instantly, Isaac can freeze time, ressurect himself or restart the fight if he messes up, and have buddies to help hin out.

Doesn't Flush work only on the weaker enemies? It doesn't work on bosses, and Rick as a universal guy should be counted as a "boss enemy"

SpookyShadow said:
One question - does Rick resists death manip or time stop?
Rick has a time stop device that doesn't affect him, so he could certainly find a way to resist it.

Death Manip... No proof of resistance to it, but he has definitely used it before.

Then Isaac time stops, and either turns him into gold, into poop (Just noticed Rick has garbage level durability) or seals him

This is both unthought and bias, Isaac doesn't have a higher chance of defeating Rick via incapacitation before Rick may

• defeat him with anything
  • or fail, get killed, try again and win
  • or fail, get killed, try again and repeat the process until making it right

Items like flush work pretty much fast and isn't something Rick can dodge. The first few attacks get nulled due to invulnerability and with the holy mantle.

Isaac has passive Damage, Poisoning, Resurrection, Regenerationn, Time Slow and a whole bunch of other things I can't even think of from the top of my head

The "Rick dies and comes back then kills" scenario can just as well be applied to Isaac too. Isaac FRA

I see a contradiction and then a false equivalence.

SpookyShadow said:
I also forgot the fact that Isaac deals passive damage

And this is what Rick is going to deal with, and possibly not even close, because this Isaac here also has all spacebar items.
Then Isaac doesn't incapacitate at all, it would kill and give Rick the opportunity to deal with it better.
Kriskirby said:
The "Rick dies and comes back then kills" scenario can just as well be applied to Isaac too. Isaac FRA
This ignores so many things it's not even funny, Rick's resurrection gives an extraordinary genius time to deal with his enemy better, Rick's not going to just try again without caring if he dies more times, he's going to counter everything he saw, he could even analyze Isaac to know everything he has. All those "FRA" would need to make up a lot of sh*t to say how the hell would Isaac take this, such is their validity.

The analysis done for this match would look like that, really. Rick could kill him from kilometers away, from space and from other universes, he can make stuff to counter that or just attack first. Isaac doesn't know the mechanics of Rick's resurrection so he has no way of knowing he has to use that, nor would that matter as all the passive stuff shown above would kill an incapacitated Rick.

And this is all just assuming Rick makes 0 use of a death crystal or gadget with Information Analysis right at the beginning. Or that he wouldn't nuke part of the planet where Isaac is.

Not sure why is range would be an issue since off the bat, Isaac can easily transmutate during the start and Rick cannot do anything about it. It works pretty much instantly. And I'm not sure how Rick will bypass it, it's not a projectile nor is it something Isaac needs to aim with. He uses it, and it works. Isaac can also just stop time and seal Rick with the friendly ball. Sure Isaac can one shot for Rick to ressurect himself, but I see no reason why Isaac won't use his items. The Void is capable of using these at the same time, it could even likely absorb all of Rick's inventions.

It is right above what you said, Rick can outrange him if he feels like it, "Rick cannot do anything about it" is a possibility, not a fact, and it goes away after the first time that happens. Again just outrange that works to bypass it, attack first does the same and Rick can send some robot to kill him or make himself immune to it. He's not going to suddenly not being able to counter some powers because they don't come as projectiles. The stuff Isaac can do to win was already said and it is shown in his profile, the problem with them said above is yet to be fixed.

I'd also like to add that if Rick does indeed come back and/or kill Isaac, it immediately inflicts Charm and Fear (Empathic and Fear manip respectively), giving Isaac the chance to incap once he ressurects and realizes he can't kill him. The slowing of time and supernatural luck (which for some reason is not on his profile) further benefits him, and he also gets the occasional Mind Manip and Petrification by chance.

Rick's Information Analysis also never really gave him an idea of an opponent's powers and abilities, rather it just shows him the measurement of evil, who has a clear shot at him, and an idea of where someone's hiding on a planet. Death Crystals also don't let him foresee getting incapped.

Mind that everything I've talked about thus far doesn't even require Isaac to move a finger.

Rick would likely notice that upon himself and do something about it.

>"realizes he can't kill him"

What thought process would make him deduct this tho? As far as he knows this is other Rick, which it is, it may not even come as human but animal/object humanoid. But this is all assuming that Rick would go uninformed in a round 2, which is as unlikely as it sounds, and also face to face with someone who just used a sh*t ton of projectiles.

SpookyShadow said:
I mean... either Rick gets petrified/transmuted or dies passively infinitely
He has a point, Rick is definitely not dumb enough to go in close again twice. But I still wonder how either would know about each other's resurrection with that range gap

Rick's wincons: BFR, Time Stop, Sealing, Transmutation, Possession, Mind Control

Isaac's wincons: Transmutation, Petrification, Time Manip, Sealing, Empathic Manip, Mind Manip, Fear manip

I suppose if both WERE to know, Rick would definitely outrange on the second go. I think I may have to rethink this, but it WOULD depend on wether Isaac transmutates round 1 or not. I'll might see an incon coming

Back