• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Is this the wrong game?... Dovahkiin VS Dagoth Ur

Why seeking a good opponent for a TES character when you can just make in verse fights?

The last Dragonborn is transported in another time. Before him stands The Devil of the Red Mountain. The first isn't Nerevar, and the second isn't The World Eater, but they have to fight for the destiny of the world. SBA otherwise.

The Dovahkiin:

Dagoth Ur:

This fight makes no sense:

DAGOTHWAVE-3
DAGOTHWAVE-3

Battle theme:

"Shame on you, sweet Dragonborn"

That was me, actually, not Matt, and I haven't officially asked for it yet.

Although someone probably should, seeing as Dovah's page is apparently missing a lot, as are several others within that tier range.

We did the same thing for 682 and the Dark Tower god tiers. (The latter of which should be getting fixed sometime in the near future) It should almost certainly be done here as well.

Presuming that's what you were intending to do from the beginning.

As much as I want to see the CHAD Dagoth Ur destroy the VIRGIN Dragonborn, I think we should wait a little for more revisions and edits to be done on TES.

Elder Scrolls VS battles is fine to debate and easy. From the mythic standpoint, Dovahkiin has the hero metaphysics like Nerevarine. With that metaphysics in mind, I could vote for Dovahkiin.

The debate should lie whether Dragonrend can harm Dagoth Ur.

KongKing23 said:
Elder Scrolls VS battles is fine to debate and easy. From the mythic standpoint, Dovahkiin has the hero metaphysics like Nerevarine. With that metaphysics in mind, I could vote for Dovahkiin.
Um Dagoth Ur Regenerationn though?

ABoogieYesSir said:
KongKing23 said:
Alduin is arguably unkillable until you use Dragonrend that enforces the concept of mortality. Thu'um and Tonal Architeture are quite alike, so it was Kagrenac's tools of Tonal Architecture brought down Dagoth Ur so it is possible for Dovahkiin can do the same.

KongKing23 said:
ABoogieYesSir said:
KongKing23 said:
Alduin is arguably unkillable until you use Dragonrend that enforces the concept of mortality. Thu'um and Tonal Architeture are quite alike, so it was Kagrenac's tools of Tonal Architecture brought down Dagoth Ur so it is possible for Dovahkiin can do the same.
Dragonrend only works on dragons. It shouldn't work on him. Although the Dragonborn does eventually obtain Keening, not sure if that would exactly help him, as he would need Sunder as well.

VitaminC23 said:
KongKing23 said:
ABoogieYesSir said:
KongKing23 said:
Dragonrend only works on dragons. It shouldn't work on him. Although the Dragonborn does eventually obtain Keening, not sure if that would exactly help him, as he would need Sunder as well.
Qouting from Matt

People don't understand Dragonrend. People think it's literally just taking away dragons' ability to fly. It's more than that.

Dragons in Elder Scrolls are tiny shards of the Dragon God of Time, Aka Himself. They were never truly born, they just are, and always were, as immutable and immortal beings. They predate the creation of Mundus itself.

They aren't even physical beings either, they have been notably described as "Biological Time Machines powered by ideologies" by authors Michael Kirkbride and Kurt Kuhlmann, and are indeed aspects of the Embodiment of Time itself.

As such, dragons are immortal. Even if their flesh is killed on Nirn they will never fully die, they remain, they linger, as they were and always are.

Dragonrend changes that. It forcibly strips a dragon of their timeless, immortal nature, and makes them experience mortality. The Dragonrend Shout is actually called "JOOR ZAH FRUL" in Dovahzuul, the Dragon Tongue, and it means "Mortal Finite Temporary", exactly the opposite of what dragons are.

Dragonrend works because it can make Dagoth mortal, finite and temporary via conceptual manipulation. Its not a dragon-exclusive attack that doesn't work on anyone else. It imposes the meaning of those 3 words on the victim's existence.

So yeah, all types of Dagoth's immortality get nulled.

Back