• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Is being able to stand and operate in the void enough for void resistance? (Staff Only)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I received permission from @Qawsedf234 to open this thread.

This thread is to decide whether standing and operate in the void counts as resistance to void manipulation.

If the character can stand and operate in the void, does that count as resistance to void manipulation?

@LordGriffin1000 said this is not enough for this resistance
But I do agree that Resistance to Void Manipulation doesn't seem right.
Not sure that would give resistance, Superman having it for that reason would technically mean he shouldn't have it but if that's acceptable then it is what it is.
@Dereck03 said that this does not count as resistance
I doubt very much that being capable of standing in a void is resistance to Void Manip

@ByAsura and @FinePoint accepted this as resistance in this thread.

@DarkDragonMedeus accepted this as resistance in this thread.

As we can see, there is no consensus on whether standing and operating in the void counts as resistance to void manipulation

And that's why some characters get this resistance with this argument and some don't.

Should this count as resistance to void manipulation or not?

Last edited:
I've always had it as only giving resistance if the void shows properties that count as Void Manipulation (erasing beings, converting nonexistence to existence, etc.).

But I'm unsure of what general stance should be taken.

I believe that unless the "void" in question shows the properties of void manipulation, a character surviving in a void shouldn't be granted resistance to it. I didn't give the characters from camp lake bottom resistance to void manipulation because of this.

However, if just surviving in a void like area is considered resistance by majority of staff/knowledgeable members then I won't argue against it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back