• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Is Azatoth from Demonbane really Tier 0?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I remember correctly Azatoth could not kill Elder God Demonbane, making him not omnipotent. So why is he considered a tier 0 being?

You should ask DarkLK, because he's most familiar with Demonbane, though I can tell you right now that Azathoth being unable to "kill" EGD is not entirely true, though this has to do with numerous stories and impossibilities that Dark could do a better job explaining.

I'm not a big fan of Demonbane-verse but I found this:

Proof creation is just Azathoth's dream, and not even Azathoth can destroy Demonbane:

Everything is a foam on the waves

Creation is all but a fleeting dream, dreamt by the blind idiot god who is King-of-All as he dozes on the edge of waking

When he wakes, it will end

It will simply vanish, and there will be no one to know or remember it

Or perhaps it simply will have never existed at all

So is the world really nothing more than a fantasy?

But even the god who dreams at the center of the world, the god who created all things, can never, ever destroy it (Demonbane)

it (Demonbane)

ðºðÁð│ð¥ ðöðÁð╝ð¥ð¢ð▒Ðâð╣ð¢? ðóÐâÐé ð¢ðÁ ð┐ÐÇð¥ ð¢ðÁð│ð¥ ð│ð¥ð▓ð¥ÐÇð©ÐéÐüÐÅ, ð░ ð┐ÐÇð¥ ð▓ÐüÐÄ ð©ÐüÐéð¥ÐÇð©ÐÄ/ð╝ð©ÐÇ, ð© ð▓ ð¥ð▒ÐëðÁð╝-Ðéð¥ ð┐ÐÇð¥ ÐìÐéð¥Ðé ðÂðÁ "ð©Ðé" ð┐ð¥ ð©ð┤ðÁðÁ ð│ð¥ð▓ð¥ÐÇð©ÐéÐüÐÅ ÐçÐâÐéÐî ð▓ÐïÐêðÁ ÐÇð░ÐüÐüÐâðÂð┤ðÁð¢ð©ÐÅ ð¥ ð│ÐÇÐæðÀð░Ðà, ÐçÐéð¥ ð©ÐüÐçðÁðÀð¢ðÁÐé, ðÁÐüð╗ð© ð┐ÐÇð¥Ðüð¢ÐæÐéÐüÐÅ. ðÜ Ðüð¥ðÂð░ð╗ðÁð¢ð©ÐÄ ð¥ÐÇð©ð│ð©ð¢ð░ð╗Ðîð¢Ðïð╣ ÐÅð┐ð¥ð¢Ðüð║ð©ð╣ ÐéðÁð║ÐüÐé ð¢ð░ Ðâð┤ð░ÐæÐéÐüÐÅ ð¢ð░ð╣Ðéð©, ð░ ÐìÐéð¥ ð║ð░ðÂðÁÐéÐüÐÅ ð║ð░ð║ð¥ð╣-Ðéð¥ ðÁÐÇðÁÐüÐîÐÄ.

ðÉ ðæÐâð╣ð¢ Ðéð¥ ÐçðÁð│ð¥? ðæÐâð╣ð¢ - ð¢Ðâð▒ð╗ð¥ ð©ðÀ ð╝ð©ÐÇð║ð░ ðØÐîÐÅ, ð┐ð¥ð╗ÐâÐçð©ð▓ÐêðÁðÁ Ðüð©ð╗Ðâ ð¥Ðé ðÉðÀð© (ð┐ð¥Ðéð¥ð╝Ðâ ÐçÐéð¥ ðÉðÀÐÅ ð©ð┤ð©ð¥Ðé ð║ð░ð║ Ðéð░ð║ ð┐ð¥ð¢ð©ð╝ð░ÐÄ), ð┐ð¥ð╗ÐîðÀÐâðÁÐéÐüÐÅ Ðüð©ð╗ð¥ð╣ ðÉðÀð©, ð¢ð¥ ð┐ÐÇð© ÐìÐéð¥ð╝ ð▓ÐüÐæ ÐÇð░ð▓ð¢ð¥ ð┤ð░ð╝ð░ðÂð©ÐéÐüÐÅ ð┤ÐÇÐâð│ð©ð╝ð© ð▒ð¥ð│ð░ð╝ð©-ð│ÐÇÐæðÀð░ð╝ð© ðÉðÀð©, ð© ð¢ðÁ ð╝ð¥ðÂðÁÐé ð©Ðà ð¥ð║ð¥ð¢Ðçð░ÐéðÁð╗Ðîð¢ð¥ ð▓Ðïð¢ðÁÐüÐéð©, Ðàð¥ÐéÐÅ ð© ð┐ð¥ð▒ðÁðÂð┤ð░ðÁÐé ð┐ð¥ ð¥ð┤ð¢ð¥ð╝Ðâ ð╗ðÁð│ð║ð¥, ð░ ð┐ÐÇð¥Ðéð©ð▓ Ðéð¥ð╗ð┐Ðï Ðü ð¢ðÁð║ð¥Ðéð¥ÐÇÐïð╝ð© ð┐ÐÇðÁð▓ð¥ðÀð╝ð¥ð│ð░ð¢ð©ÐÅð╝ð©.

Jockey-1337 said:
I'm not a big fan of Demonbane-verse but I found this:
Proof creation is just Azathoth's dream, and not even Azathoth can destroy Demonbane:

Everything is a foam on the waves

Creation is all but a fleeting dream, dreamt by the blind idiot god who is King-of-All as he dozes on the edge of waking

When he wakes, it will end

It will simply vanish, and there will be no one to know or remember it

Or perhaps it simply will have never existed at all

So is the world really nothing more than a fantasy?

But even the god who dreams at the center of the world, the god who created all things, can never, ever destroy it (Demonbane)
Seems to me like that proves he cannot kill Demonbane, which means he's not omnipotent. So not tier 0.

Tier 0 isn't omnipotent.

And this "it" isnt Demonbane.

"Omnipotence" is a logical blackhole anyway. No one could be omnipotent and all tier-0s are just strong 1-As.

"True omnipotence" is completely impossible to prove. The best we can "prove" is Tier 0, which is why our highest is "questionable omnipotence". Possibly omnipotent, but impossible to say for sure.

There is no being above Azathoth. This "it" is the story/world itself.

Let me get this straight. This Azathoth can't kill Elder God Demonbane but Elder God Demonbane can't destroy Azathoth?

So...he can destroy the world, yet can never destroy the world?

My gosh, he is omnipotent...

Or this can be some strange interlude where the writers just decided to uncharacteristically note that no matter the power of the characters they can never destroy our imagination...probably too deep for a series with several robots the size of Multiverses...

TheMightyRegulator said:
Or this can be some strange interlude where the writers just decided to uncharacteristically note that no matter the power of the characters they can never destroy our imagination...probably too deep for a series with several robots the size of Multiverses...
Which is dumb because Lovecraft's original entities are above imagination.

TheMightyRegulator said:
So...he can destroy the world, yet can never destroy the world?
Yep.

This Azathoth can't kill Elder God Demonbane but Elder God Demonbane
EGD is just a some strong god. But it still can be damaged by other gods who are dreams of Azzy and gets power of Azzy just like EGD does.

As far as i'm concern. Since everything in Demonbane is Azatoth's dream. He is the only "omnipotent" in Demonbane. Also. I remember a couple of bad ends where Azatoth is awaken and everything goes to shit. So...

Azathoth never awaken in DMB. He was still asleep entirely a bad ending.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back