• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Iron Man vs. Deoxys

i'm going to vote for Deoysis for being moon level from the start and to be able to adapt to increase it's defense, attack, speed on the fly.....literally on the fly.

TripleX6 said:
i'm going to vote for Deoysis for being moon level from the start and to be able to adapt to increase it's defense, attack, speed on the fly.....literally on the fly.
The fact that In Attack form his Defense heavily decrease, one hit from tony would be the end of Dexoy's in that form

In defense mood, he's speed and attack are heavily lowered as well so i don't know how he can keep up with tony let finish him off

In speed mode, like attack mode his Defense heavily decrease, one hit from tony would be the end of Dexoy's in that form

Trick Room for speed, makes him faster than his opponent if he's slower (which he is.)

Taunt prevents status effects, which we could assume would be a forme-change, as it prevents Mega-Evolutions, it should stop Tony from changing his suits.

Extremespeed for blitz, Teleport into Superpower, Protect to block Tony's attacks (teleport to avoid inbetween the CD for Protect), Calm Mind 4xes his Special (Magical, Energy) defense, Reflect, Substitue, Gravity (prevents enemies from flying).

I think Deoxys takes this due to versitilty.

Aparajita said:
Trick Room for speed, makes him faster than his opponent if he's slower (which he is.)
Taunt prevents status effects, which we could assume would be a forme-change, as it prevents Mega-Evolutions, it should stop Tony from changing his suits.

Extremespeed for blitz, Teleport into Superpower, Protect to block Tony's attacks (teleport to avoid inbetween the CD for Protect), Calm Mind 4xes his Special (Magical, Energy) defense, Reflect, Substitue, Gravity (prevents enemies from flying).

Except that some of the moves you listed he doesn't have and extreme speed only increases his speed to a higher degree of Sub-relativistic+.

Aparajita said:

Taunt prevents status effects, which we could assume would be a forme-change, as it prevents Mega-Evolutions, it should stop Tony from changing his suits. Game Mechnaics Extremespeed for blitz, Teleport into Superpower, Protect to block Tony's attacks (teleport to avoid inbetween the CD for Protect), Calm Mind 4xes his Special (Magical, Energy) defense, Reflect, Substitue, Gravity (prevents enemies from flying).

Dragonmasterxyz said:
deoxys also has access to gravity. so i'd say deoxys due to versatility and hax.
Iron man has over 50 suits to choose from each with different abilities, so he is the more verseilty one.

And the fact that Tony's endo suit withstod the gravity of the sun makes the move useless

CaptainFalcon64 said:
Aparajita said:

Except that some of the moves you listed he doesn't have and extreme speed only increases his speed to a higher degree of Sub-relativistic+.
Deoxys can learn all of those moves. http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Deoxys_(Pokémon)

Pietro Maximoff said:
TripleX6 said:
The fact that In Attack form his Defense heavily decrease, one hit from tony would be the end of Dexoy's in that form
In defense mood, he's speed and attack are heavily lowered as well so i don't know how he can keep up with tony let finish him off

In speed mode, like attack mode his Defense heavily decrease, one hit from tony would be the end of Dexoy's in that form
It is not a heavy decrease, Normal Deoxys has the defense of 50 and is still Moon level, Attack-Forme drops the defense by 30, which is still Moon level or at the very least large continent+

actually deoxys is the more versatile one. skill swap: swaps abilities with his opponent.

role play: copies the ability of it opponent.

psych up: copies tony's power boosts.

confide: lowers tony's DC/AP

cosmic power/calm mind : boosts durability and AP/DC

Mirror coat: reflects ranged attacks back at tony with double the power.

Flash Cannon: beam of pure light that also lowers durability.

need more?

Talonmask said:
Pietro Maximoff said:
TripleX6 said:
It is not a heavy decrease, Normal Deoxys has the defense of 50 and is still Moon level, Attack-Forme drops the defense by 30, which is still Moon level or at the very least large continent+
Going to 50 - 20 is a heavy decrease dude, that's a heavy decrease with 40% of his defense gone

Dragonmasterxyz said:
actually deoxys is the more versatile one. skill swap: swaps abilities with his opponent.

need more?
1. Game Mechanics

2. Game Mechanics

3. It only lowers it's Physcial Attack

4. Only learned by Normal and Attack Form dexoys, speed and defense form don't know it, calm mind can't be learned naturally so a wild dexoy can't use it.

5. Tony could just absorb or redirect back

6 Same as 5

Pietro Maximoff said:
Talonmask said:
Pietro Maximoff said:
TripleX6 said:
Going to 50 - 20 is a heavy decrease dude, that's a heavy decrease with 40% of his defense gone
Refer to post just made.

Pietro Maximoff said:
Dragonmasterxyz said:

need more?
1. Tony has no special abilty, like flame body or torrent to copy from
2. Game Mechanic

4. Only learned by Normal and Attack Form dexoys, speed and defense form don't know it, calm mind can't be learned naturally so a wild dexoy can't use it.

6 Same as 5

Pietro Maximoff said:
Dragonmasterxyz said:

need more?
1. Game Mechanics
2. Game Mechanics

6 Same as 5
5 and 6 are solved by Taunt, preventing suit change. 4 is irrelevant due to the fact Deoxys can just change forms in an instant.

1) yet these moves can easily transfer into any vs battle. since things like this is shown in the anime. in fact moves like harden and iron defense are even more powerful.

2) copies Tonies adaption ability.

3) lowers ranged attack fyi.

4) do your research all deoxys forms learn this skill. and have you seen the anime? wild pokemon have moves they shouldn't have naturally anyway(mewtwo and shadow ball). So calm mind is still apart o0f his arsenal.

5) well it will just increasing in power plus deoxys has Regenerationn on a very high level.

6) so now he can react to light?

@Pietro Maximoff You kept going on about how small a 30 point increase is, yet you call a 30 point decrease large, that's quite a double standard, don't you think?

Also @someone supporting Deoxys, is there evidence that taunt negates form change, not the item involved in mega evolving, or the bond between trainer and pokémon? And how do you know Mega evolution isn't considered a status effect? Also does it stop the mega evolution of Rayquaza or the primal evolution of Kyogre and Groudon? Are there any other Pokemon transformations that happen mid battle and does it stop those?

Blahblah9755 said:
@Pietro Maximoff
You kept going on about how small a 30 point increase is, yet you call a 30 point decrease large, that's quite a double standard, don't you think?

Also @someone supporting Deoxys, is there evidence that taunt negates form change, not the item involved in mega evolving, or the bond between trainer and pokémon? And how do you know Mega evolution isn't considered a status effect? Also does it stop the mega evolution of Rayquaza or the primal evolution of Kyogre and Groudon? Are there any other Pokemon transformations that happen mid battle and does it stop those?
taunt only stop moves that don't cause damage. so transformations and switching armor shouldn't be affected.

Blahblah9755 said:
@Pietro Maximoff
You kept going on about how small a 30 point increase is, yet you call a 30 point decrease large, that's quite a double standard, don't you think?

The description for taunt:

"The foe is taunted into a rage that allows it to use only attack moves for two to four turns."

It doesn't stop them from transforming specifically, but rather keeps them from using non attack (damage dealing) moves.

Basically what Dragonmasterxyz said...

Talonmask said:
CaptainFalcon64 said:
Aparajita said:

Deoxys can learn all of those moves. http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Deoxys_(Pokémon)
Yes i know he can learn it but going by his profile in this wiki he doesn't have those moves listed, Again unless Deoxy's get's an update in his profile (which i'm willing to counter act by making an update to Tony's profile) and have these moves listed then is inconclusive.

Nothing that was said stops Trick Room for the Speed, Protect to block all incoming damage, Teleport, Substitute, Gravity, Calm Mind...

Aparajita said:
Nothing that was said stops Trick Room for the Speed, Protect to block all incoming damage, Teleport, Substitute, Gravity, Calm Mind...
Trick Room,Substitute,Gravity and Calm Mind he doesn't have so you mentioning it it's invalid, Teleport has never been used for battling purposes, and Protect fails if it's used constantly,also it only protects the user from attacks in the direction that the user is facing ( so attacking from the back is the best solution).

he does have access to calm mind, gravity,and subsitute. in the anime it has been shown as a full body forcefield. look at deoxys' movepool list.

My bad I confused Barrier for Protect lol, anyways I don't see it here: https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Deoxys , Also Gravity increases the gravitational force to levels that the enemy can't handle though it's possible to resist the gravitational force of the move Gravity, Tony has withstanded gravitanal forces greater than that of the move Gravity, ( the gravitational force of the sun).

that's because the site doesn't give every pokemon move that pokemon can learn. check bulbapedia to get their whole movepool. plus gravity isn't deoxys' only choice of hax.

Gravity does exactly that, Falcon, it increases it to "levels that the enemy can't handle", if he can handle the sun, then it would increase it to 2x the sun or higher, using magic to determine what he "cannot handle", because Gravity works on Arceus, and Arceus is universal (tier 2), this is not game mechanics as it happens in Anime, not just game. Arceus, mind you, overcame the concept of time, space, and matter.

Teleport hasn't been used - doesn't mean it *can't* be used.

Protect / Subsitute is a very commonly used strategy in the Pokemon metagame, and it'd be even more effective with Deoxys. Moreso because of Deoxys' versility, since this *isn't* a Pokemon battle, he's not limited to just 4 moves.

Calm Mind, Subsitute, Protect, and Barrier / Mirror Coat make Deoxys able to tank any magical (energy, spiritual, whatever you'd like to call it) attacks.

Deoxys also learns Trick Room - it's capable with him, meaning that he could, in his defense state, outspeed Tony.

Recover to regenerate damage done while hiding behind Subsitutes and protects, while moving faster than Tony with Trick Room, bulking up via Calm Mind and Barrier / Mirror coat, using Teleport into Superpower to tear apart the suits.

Using Swift (Launching physical undodgable stars), using Gravity to prevent flying.

In my opinion, Tony wins if he has knowledge about what Deoxys can do and can prevent it - otherwise, Deoxys is too versitile for Tony to overcome.

Back