• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Iron Man CRT (Profile Expansion and 5-A Upgrade)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't mind the idea as such, but we should preferably stick to the most prominent 8-10 armors that we can find calculated feats and consistent scaling for. Perhaps you and Newendigo could collaborate with such a project?

I don't mind the idea as such, but we should preferably stick to the most prominent 8-10 armors that we can find calculated feats and consistent scaling for. Perhaps you and Newendigo could collaborate with such a project?
I don't believe any of the armors will have outlandish feats we won't account for, unless we just decide to throw out logic for the sake of it. They're just like any other profile.

I can work on getting the different armor's weapons files up soon, I just need confirmation that they just won't be deleted for the sake of it.

Well, they need to be very professionally written in an unbiased manner of course, and you also need to find our existing calculations for Iron Man.

You should preferably also ask Newendigo for help with finding feats via a PM discussion.

You could also talk via a wiki message wall and collaborate via drafts in wiki sandboxes.

I wanted the different armors to not be on the main Iron Man profile, but rather as Weapons files, that the main Iron Man file will list as Optional Equipment. We have managed characters like Ben 10 in a similar fashion, as most armor upgrades have completely different power levels and even P&A from previous models.

The Iron Man profile itself will list Tony Stark's equipment as a whole.

This leads to a far more precise file structure, and while yes, initially all the armors will not be accounted for, but our profiles will never be able to do that, and my method will at least lead to the scenario where they will be at one point.
Didn't we already decide not to do that? I thought it was agreed already that that would create far too many profiles.

Of course my page isn't done, as I haven't added the abilities yet, but that is no reason to completely disregard it. And I wasn't trying to start shit with Newendigo, I was just saying that I completely disagree with their approach. Like I said before, there is no reason to only use lower-end DC feats when there are several scaling instances that support him being Tier 5, as like I mentioned previously that would completely go against the verse's scaling and be very inconsistent. Anyway, I think we should get more Marvel experts' input, because it doesn't look like we are changing each others' minds anytime soon.

Okay. Thank you.

@The_Impress

Are you willing to work with Newendigo please?
Yeah I am.
Didn't we already decide not to do that? I thought it was agreed already that that would create far too many profiles.
I'd rather prefer that over 8 armors representing 60, "too many profiles" is a too-late problem with Marvel at this point, and again it's not like we're going overboard or anything.

At the end of the day I just believe my revision plan leads to a more accurate and not-wanked representation of the character, over "the same profile, but I have copypasted the same tier 5 times"

Yeah I am.

I'd rather prefer that over 8 armors representing 60, "too many profiles" is a too-late problem with Marvel at this point, and again it's not like we're going overboard or anything.

At the end of the day I just believe my revision plan leads to a more accurate and not-wanked representation of the character, over "the same profile, but I have copypasted the same tier 5 times"
But what is the point in making multiple profiles if you can contain the same information in one or two (Classic and Modern) profiles? Do you disagree with any of my scaling?

But what is the point in making multiple profiles if you can contain the same information in one or two (Classic and Modern) profiles?
Because the two you're making, are arbitrary distinctions you're making at the end, and these arbitrary distinctions can very well be used to pain Iron Man in a far better light than what he may actually have.

Why are you getting so salty over this lol, this is just what you were doing anyways, but more expansive, unless you're purposely hiding shit here.

Because the two you're making, are arbitrary distinctions you're making at the end, and these arbitrary distinctions can very well be used to pain Iron Man in a far better light than what he may actually have.

Why are you getting so salty over this lol, this is just what you were doing anyways, but more expansive, unless you're purposely hiding shit here.
What do you think I'm hiding? The distinction isn't arbitrary, it cuts off when Tony gets Extremis, which is a massive change. Creating several profiles would create needless clutter for no benefit. What is the point in creating a profile for each armor when you could get the same information across on two profiles? And again I ask, do you disagree with any of my scaling?

What do you think I'm hiding?
Idk, answer it yourself
The distinction isn't arbitrary, it cuts off when Tony gets Extremis, which is a massive change.
Not really, arbitrary in the greater scope

I've read Iron Man too, mate.
Creating several profiles would create needless clutter for no benefit. What is the point in creating a profile for each armor when you could get the same information across on two profiles?
Each armor model is significantly different in terms of P&A, tier and speed, each model scales to different people, each model can act as a summon, and most models have a significant amount of appearances.

If you consider elaboration "Needless clutter", I can dismiss your profile of 5 5-A keys needless clutter as well, it really doesn't note any significant enough shift in the power.
And again I ask, do you disagree with any of my scaling?
Irrelevant question, I don't care for your conclusion when the method you're using to attain it is wrong.

Yah I agree the divide between Modern and Classic is not smart
Also I'm confused, how many armor pages are we planning to make?

As many as we need, the only restriction is if it's like, a 5-issues-and-done type deal, and it follows the same level of scrutiny we have for other Marvel files

Okay so I went through Model 5-7's stuff and I'mma say that those models along any gimmick model that has 1 purpose that's not combat related should likely not get a page at all due to lacking any good feat (Seriously best feat from all this 3 is either scaling off other newer models which is an outlier or Model 6 self destructing)

Model 2 and 4 have some Tier 8 feats that they can upscale to.
Also are not those models just specialized armors? Model 6 it's just Model 5 but better underwater.

I think you could skip those profiles.

Model 2 and 4 have some Tier 8 feats that they can upscale to.
Also are not those models just specialized armors? Model 6 it's just Model 5 but better underwater.

I think you could skip those profiles.
Yah so skip

Model 8 and 9 already have calculations as posted above, you could make a draft for those profiles and work more on the powers and abilities.

Also please the use format I use, to make it consistent.

Idk, answer it yourself

Not really, arbitrary in the greater scope

I've read Iron Man too, mate.

Each armor model is significantly different in terms of P&A, tier and speed, each model scales to different people, each model can act as a summon, and most models have a significant amount of appearances.

If you consider elaboration "Needless clutter", I can dismiss your profile of 5 5-A keys needless clutter as well, it really doesn't note any significant enough shift in the power.

Irrelevant question, I don't care for your conclusion when the method you're using to attain it is wrong.
How is the method I'm using to attain it wrong? And I still I just don't see any reason to create more profiles than is necessary. You disagree with the Extremis cutoff, so would you be okay with keeping one profile, but adding a few Classic armors to it? And again, I think we should call in more Iron Man and Marvel experts to see what they think.

I also think that you should strictly focus on the armor models that you can find very reliable scaling for, preferably via calculated feats.

How is the method I'm using to attain it wrong?
I think it's inherently inferior to the method I'm proposing
And I still I just don't see any reason to create more profiles than is necessary.
Mate, deadass, shit you're putting on the "Modern Iron Man" page isn't anymore necessary than the armor profiles.
You disagree with the Extremis cutoff, so would you be okay with keeping one profile, but adding a few Classic armors to it?
No, I still believe the armor profiles are a superior method, but one profile vs. mOdErN iRoN mAn is just shit you're making up for the sake of it.

I think it's inherently inferior to the method I'm proposing

Mate, deadass, shit you're putting on the "Modern Iron Man" page isn't anymore necessary than the armor profiles.

No, I still believe the armor profiles are a superior method, but one profile vs. mOdErN iRoN mAn is just shit you're making up for the sake of it.
But WHY do you think it is inferior? I have asked you why you disagree with my scaling several times and each time you have basically just said "Because its wrong". WHY is it wrong. WHY do none of these feats count to you for some reason?

But WHY do you think it is inferior? I have asked you why you disagree with my scaling several times and each time you have basically just said "Because its wrong". WHY is it wrong. WHY do none of these feats count to you for some reason?
BECAUSE IT'S ARBITRARY CUT-OFFS YOU'RE MAKING AND IF WE'RE MAKING THESE EXPANSIONS IN THE FIRST PLACE IT'S BETTER TO DO IT RIGHT BY GOING OVER ALL THE BASES AND INCLUDE ALL RELEVANT ARMORS WE CAN RATHER THAN JUST SPLITTING THE PROFILE INTO TWO FOR NO APPARENT REASON AND ONLY DELAYING THE INEVITABLE

Like, dude, I've been repeating it while responding to you, you're just making me repeat my points to you over and over and hell, you're repeating your points over and over

BECAUSE IT'S ARBITRARY CUT-OFFS YOU'RE MAKING AND IF WE'RE MAKING THESE EXPANSIONS IN THE FIRST PLACE IT'S BETTER TO DO IT RIGHT BY GOING OVER ALL THE BASES AND INCLUDE ALL RELEVANT ARMORS WE CAN RATHER THAN JUST SPLITTING THE PROFILE INTO TWO FOR NO APPARENT REASON AND ONLY DELAYING THE INEVITABLE

Like, dude, I've been repeating it while responding to you, you're just making me repeat my points to you over and over and hell, you're repeating your points over and over
I'm not talking about my choice of keys, I'm talking about my scaling them as 5-A. What arbitrary cut-offs am I making in scaling?

I'm not talking about my choice of keys, I'm talking about my scaling them as 5-A. What arbitrary cut-offs am I making in scaling?
I never have commented on the validity your scaling, I just don't find it relevant one bit in the revision I'm proposing.

Impress, please make an effort to be patient and polite to others here. It is impossible for us to collaborate in a productive manner if everybody are busy yelling at each other.

I never have commented on the validity your scaling, I just don't find it relevant one bit in the revision I'm proposing.
So completely disregarding the disagreement over multiple profiles or one comprehensive profile, how would you scale the armors?

Clearly we disagree on how to present the information, so for now at least lets just focus on the information itself. Regardless of whether we ultimately do one/two profiles or one for each armor, the information and the tiering would be the same, so lets just decide on that first.

I still am very firm on the 5-A scaling of Extremis, Bleeding Edge, Model 42, Endo-Sym, and Model Prime. However, I don't know much about anything before that so I'm not sure if there are any feats for him on that level before that. Also, is anyone knowledgeable on post-Model Prime? Because I feel we should include his current armor too, but I have no clue how to scale that.

Not sure if this is true or not, but didn’t he have to accelerate to punch through? Then again that feat could also translate to Model 70s durability since he did survive the impact but idk.

Aside from that feat, the armor doesn't have much going on for it in terms of abilities (maybe with the symbiont?), and it would be wrong to assume it has the powers of older models, as its whole deal is supposed to be classic, less tech suit.

Model 8 and 9 already have calculations as posted above, you could make a draft for those profiles and work more on the powers and abilities.

Also please the use format I use, to make it consistent.
Your format being?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back