• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Iron Man CRT (Profile Expansion and 5-A Upgrade)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you need our calc group members to evaluate old calculations, I can ask a few of them for help.

Why are we using destructive feats anyway? AP doesnt necessarily correlate to DC, especially in comics. For example, MCU Iron Man is Large Mountain Level despite never having destroyed a large mountain. This is because scaling to other characters is more reliable once you have a baseline. All the characters Iron Man scales to already have a baseline, so I dont see why this is necessary.

If you need our calc group members to evaluate old calculations, I can ask a few of them for help.
If I recall correctly Dargoo had rejected using the feat altogether.

I think it's better to find new feats to scale him, in the meantime we may have to change the tier to Unknown if it doesn't end up resolved

Why are we using destructive feats anyway? AP doesnt necessarily correlate to DC, especially in comics. For example, MCU Iron Man is Large Mountain Level despite never having destroyed a large mountain. This is because scaling to other characters is more reliable once you have a baseline. All the characters Iron Man scales to already have a baseline, so I dont see why this is necessary.
Because every High 6-A in Marvel scales to Iron Man so no one would be High 6-A anymore. Every single one I've seen usually seen just boils down to "scales to Iron Man, comparable to Iron Man, can harm Iron Man" and so on.

Also the original calc had a Manhattan sized rock being blown up translate to High 6-A AP in the first place so yeah, that was AP not DC.

Actually wait, what's the context for the Model 45 feat?

Iron Man Fatal Frontiers #1? Because if so, that feat REALLY isn't usable

No seriously please can someone tell the source for the second key's feat, I think it's extremely invalid and robbed of context

But those Iron Man suits can scale to characters like Hercules, the Hulk, and Namor. So wouldn't four 5-A scaling be considered enough to put him on that level? At the very least, it should get him a "possibly 5-A". I know you don't want it to just repeatedly list variations of 5-A, but I genuinely think that is the only logical tier for him based on all these feats against 5-A characters.

But those Iron Man suits can scale to characters like Hercules, the Hulk, and Namor. So wouldn't four 5-A scaling be considered enough to put him on that level? At the very least, it should get him a "possibly 5-A". I know you don't want it to just repeatedly list variations of 5-A, but I genuinely think that is the only logical tier for him based on all these feats against 5-A characters.

This is for Classic, not Modern. Ah wait, I see what you mean now, but can you actually post the scans instead of this?

Not external links in the P&A section, put all of that in the NA/T section.

Or just don't use links and something else, pictures, slideshows, or simply leave a citation.
No to all of this
I don’t see the point of forcing visual cohesion anyways

Not external links in the P&A section, put all of that in the NA/T section.

Or just don't use links and something else, pictures, slideshows, or simply leave a citation.
Also I’d like to mention that the vast majority of pages, even Marvel ones don’t do that so

Wasn't High 6-A derived from when Iron Man blew up a mountain thrown at him by Terrax, or do I misremember?

There are two high 6-A feats.

This one, which was recalculated as Tier 7.
As low as 8-B actually, and Dargoo asked to dismiss the feat altogether
And nuke from the moon feat. Which Zark seems to have an issue with.
He just straight up doesn't tank it, his forcefields do.

Anyone can read the comic and derive this result, hell even the forcefield had to be AMPED to pull off the feat.

Why are we judging Iron Man based on low showings? Yes that 8-B feat isn't impressive at all, but why does it even matter? Surely anything that low is an outlier when you look at consistent scaling several tiers above that.

Why are we judging Iron Man based on low showings? Yes that 8-B feat isn't impressive at all, but why does it even matter? Surely anything that low is an outlier when you look at consistent scaling several tiers above that.
I love the notion of consistency here

Can you like, quit with your revision-pushing for 5 seconds and let me bring up a point? This is in regards to shit already on his file being invalid.

I love the notion of consistency here

Can you like, quit with your revision-pushing for 5 seconds and let me bring up a point? This is in regards to shit already on his file being invalid.
I know you brought up a point, I am asking a question about it

And your question is repetitive, unnecessary and disruptive.

This is actually a very nice summation of the way this CRT is going so far.

So I ask you to sit down for an hour or so, maybe take a walk outside, and then think about the messages you're typing and their intent when if anything, my observations here are helping your case of wrong consistencies being on the file.

What the **** **** is going on here? Also if you wanna start scaling Marvel you gotta scale people to their own feats, Marvel is fictions biggest scaling shitshow. Everyone can punch one another and have it deal damage.

I agree with DaReaperMan. We should probably close this thread, and give Impress and Newendigo the time to prepare proper revisions for this.

Honestly...? Yeah, we'll get the file sorted first with the format we're splitting the file on, before we decide on individual stats for different armors.

Close this thread and shelve it, I'll ask New to make the profile restructure project thread

Honestly...? Yeah, we'll get the file sorted first with the format we're splitting the file on, before we decide on individual stats for different armors.

Close this thread and shelve it, I'll ask New to make the profile restructure project thread
Invite me there please, I mostly just want to watch it and comment my opinion every now and then

Okay. I will close this. I would appreciate if you inform me about the new thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back