• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Iron Man CRT (Profile Expansion and 5-A Upgrade)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Again, different profiles for all armors is a better method, I will make the today.
60+ Iron Man profile pages is NOT a good idea at all. At most we can allow one "Modern" and one "Classic" profile page, each featuring different characteristic armors.

60+ Iron Man profile pages is NOT a good idea at all. At most we can allow one "Modern" and one "Classic" profile page, each featuring different characteristic armors.
I think Pre-Extremis and Post-Extremis would actually be a pretty good separator, as that was a pretty dramatic change in his abilities. So I think for Post-Extremis, it should be:
Extremis Armor | Bleeding Edge | Model 42 | Model 45 | Endo-Sym | Model Prime
at
5-A | At Least 5-A, likely far higher with Uru | 5-A | At Least High 6-A | 5-A | At Least 5-A
then, once post-Model Prime gets some more feats, we could add another key later on. Then give the specialized suits their own profile (Hulkbuster, Thorbuster, Marvelbuster, Godkiller mk2, etc.) I am not knowledgeable enough on classic Iron Man to comment on the keys for that. Does this sound good to everyone?

As, I say "likely far higher with Uru" because in the Original Sin event, Iron Man dips his Bleeding Edge armor in Odin's Forge and covers it in Uru, and Uru is a far stronger metal than the normal one in the armor. But if you don't think that's important enough to add, that is fine to.

I think that "Classic (1960s-1990s)" and "Modern (2000s)" should be fine, as it matches our standard approach for Marvel characters that have gone through significant changes.

Also, spamming the "Modern" page with 6 of the most recent armors still seems like overenthusiastic biased recentism.

I think that "Classic (1960s-1990s)" and "Modern (2000s)" should be fine, as it matches our standard approach for Marvel characters that have gone through significant changes.

Also, spamming the "Modern" page with 6 of the most recent armors still seems like overenthusiastic biased recentism.
How many keys do you think each should have? I think all of these are important enough to warrant a key, except maybe the Space Armor which I only kept for the sake of continuity between the current profile and an updated one. Do you think it would be better with only Extremis, Bleeding Edge, Model 45, Endo-Sym, and Model Prime? I just think that Iron Man as a character deserves a lot more keys than most other characters, as a huge part of his character is his constantly changing and improving armor.

Last edited:
Can't we have it both ways, where there's a general Iron man page for the eras and pages for the notable armours too which we can link in equipment section?

I think the best would be
  • A profile for classic Iron Man (pre-2000)
  • A profile for modern Iron Man (post-2000)
  • Individual profiles for Thorbuster, Hulkbuster, Marvelbuster, and Godkiller mk2

The marvelbuster is one of those profiles that is pretty much unnecesary.

You could potentially give profiles like the Hulkbuster different keys based off different models of the armor, I don't know.

You still run into the issue of re-structuring all the powers & abilities AND the Notable Attacks & Technique section to match up with the current profile.

Last edited:
The marvelbuster is one of those profiles that is pretty much unnecesary.

You could potentially give profiles like the Hulkbuster different keys based off different models of the armor, I don't know.

You still run into the issue of re-structuring all the powers & abilities AND the Notable Attacks & Technique section to match up with the current profile.
Why? Can't we make a separate profile for Thorbuster

Never said you can't.

Just that is very unnecersay, literally one fight in one issue in canon, the same 5-A stats and no special abilities, that is the Marvelbuster. The Thorbuster is a different case because is more unique.

Frankly, Thor/Marvel/etc busters are just offshoots of the original Hulkbuster. Can't they just be seprate keys on the Hulkbuster page?

Oh I see. Any more armours that are missing and have decent amount of abilities, even if the AP won't change?
The only two other specialized armors I can think of that might deserve a profile are the Fin Fang Foombuster and the Phoenixbuster. The Phoenixbuster split the Phoenix Force into 5 parts, which is pretty impressive. Oh, and this isn't an armor, but I think that Sol's Hammer should get a weapon profile as well. At .008% power it was could destroy a moon.. If you do a basic calculation and lowball moon destroying the 29.6 exatons, we can determine that 29.6 exatons is .008% of 370,000 exatons. Covert exatons to joules and you get 1.54808e+33, which is High 4-C.

I am very reluctant to allow Iron Man to get more than two profile pages. It would set a bad precedent for other Marvel profile pages.

In addition, only the most prominent armors that we can clearly scale to consistent statistics should be included.

Last edited:
I am very reluctant to allow Iron Man to get more than two profile pages. It would set a bad precedent for other Marvel profile pages.

In addition, only the most prominent armors that we can clearly scale to a consistent statistic should be included.
Ok, so you think we should just stick with a Classic profile and a Modern profile? Would you be okay adding like a "Specialized" profile or something?

I mean, there's no other Marvel character with so many powersets. I think it's fine as long as we add a note that says he gets special treatment because of his sheer amount of armors and the fact that their variety is a core part of the character

I mean, there's no other Marvel character with so many powersets. I think it's fine as long as we add a note that says he gets special treatment because of his sheer amount of armors and the fact that their variety is a core part of the character
I completely agree. There isn't really another character like Iron Man, in the sense that their powersets are constantly changing, so I think this is one of the few times it would be justified. Also, there is precedent for having the very different versions of characters split from the main profile. For example, Thor has a separate profile for Old King Thor, and Superman has a separate profile for Prime One Million. I think his specialized suits are different enough to warrant a special profile.

Would compare him to Goku who has like 3 profiles for his main canon, each one with severa keys increase in power.

I'm starting to think the profile might be as good as it is right now, most of those are going just to give him a bunch of 5-A keys, which you can easily shrugg off as outliers, because as I said before IM is more consistently around Tier 7 and TIer 6.

I'm starting to think the profile might be as good as it is right now, most of those are going just to give him a bunch of 5-A keys, which you can easily shrugg off as outliers, because as I said before IM is more consistently around Tier 7 and TIer 6.
This is a very good point.

5-A Endo-Symbiont is legit tho, since it canonically destroyed several previous armors, including the Hulkbuster 2.0, on top of having the strongest feat; that being tanking the destruction of the Sol Hammer which was calculated as 5-A (Albeit, inverse-square law would give a lower result).

Would compare him to Goku who has like 3 profiles for his main canon, each one with severa keys increase in power.

I'm starting to think the profile might be as good as it is right now, most of those are going just to give him a bunch of 5-A keys, which you can easily shrugg off as outliers, because as I said before IM is more consistently around Tier 7 and Tier 6.
I don't think they are more consistently 7 or 6 at all. All of these feats are pretty consistent with his portrayal as an Avengers heavy hitter. I'd argue that anything portraying him as that low would be the outliers.

5-A Endo-Symbiont is legit tho, since it canonically destroyed several previous armors, including the Hulkbuster 2.0, on top of having the strongest feat; that being tanking the destruction of the Sol Hammer which was calculated as 5-A (Albeit, inverse-square law would give a lower result).
It seems fine to add a key for that particular armor then.

I don't think they are more consistently 7 or 6 at all. All of these feats are pretty consistent with his portrayal as an Avengers heavy hitter. I'd argue that anything portraying him as that low would be the outliers.
His own feats without scaling (which is very unreliable for Marvel, since everybody can fight everybody) are generally around this level as far as I am aware.

His own feats without scaling (which is very unreliable for Marvel, since everybody can fight everybody) are generally around this level as far as I am aware.
All of the armors I listed have several feats that put him on that level. It seems weird to discard all of those solid feats for weaker ones.

Seriously? 5-A feats for weaker Iron Man? I'm not doubting it but I am curious

Seriously? 5-A feats for weaker Iron Man? I'm not doubting it but I am curious
I didn't mean weaker Iron Man, I meant weaker anti-feats. I don't really know what tier classic Iron Man is, but I am very confident that modern Iron Man is easily 5-A.

Can you list his own raw power feats of a higher order than tier 6 or 7 that you know of, and which armors were involved, please? Fighting more powerful characters doesn't count in this regard.

He's not just fighting them, but he is able to tank hits from them and match them in energy output. There isn't really a specific feat you can use a calc for, but there is a ton of scaling to several different characters that support this level of power.

Again, the problem is that his own destructive power output does not remotely support these tiers, but Marvel fighting scaling chains can literally scale J. Jonah Jameson to the Living Tribunal if you use them literally.

That said, consistent enough fighting feats can recurrently be used. I am just making a note that it is near impossible to scale Marvel Comics characters properly.

Again, the problem is that his own destructive power output does not remotely support these tiers, but Marvel fighting scaling chains can literally scale J. Jonah Jameson to the Living Tribunal if you use them literally.
DC =/= AP. Just because he has never destroyed a planet does not mean that he isn't Large Planet Level. If it was just one or two times that he has been shown to be on this level, then I would agree with you. But these feats very consistently show him to be on a level of power comparable to other planet level characters.

These are not exactly feats, this is power scaling.

Most of the feats of the armors are around Tier 6 and 7, with some variations depending on the calculations.

Last edited:
Sure...

Anyway, I do say we should just let the profile as it is now, I was working for several years to make a big CRT but I kinda lost the drive.

Maybe citate the powers and abilities he has instead of just keep adding tiers, and keys and powers scaling would be best.

Newendigo makes sense to me.

To make one of several examples:

Aunt May is strong enough to harm J. Jonah Jameson, who has punched Spider-Man bloody, who is physically stronger than the Black Panther, who has defeated the Tiger God, who has defeated Logos, who has killed the Living Tribunal, who has been stated to be superior to Oblivion, so Aunt May is 1-A, just, f.y.i.

Meaning, we need to use actual raw power feats rather than power-scaling to a greater degree than with other franchises for Marvel Comics, because the writers and editors are symbolism-tripping, metafiction-writing, spiteful and manipulative political and ideological activists first and foremost. They do not care about basic storytelling logic, consistent characterisation, or coherent continuity to any noteworthy degree. They care about getting rich and famous from playing social engineers, and that's it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back