• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Invincible Downgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
If someone can get a image of Robot or Eve harming an Immortal level person then everything can be applied probably.

Levy is still weird though, since he in no way scales to Mark physically.

Didn't Robot's most advanced remote-controlled robot armors overpower all of the regular Earth heroes except for the Viltrumites and Atom Eve, including Immortal? Also, weren't they able to harm regular Viltrumites en masse, or do I misremember?

I think that the Mauler twins were placed below Immortal in the official handbooks.

The Mauler Twins were placed at Class 5, whereas Immortal was rated as "At least class 25".

Yeah, his most powerful armors were able to basically kill or incap all the Earth heroes. Pretty sure that armor would scale to beginning of series Invincible since a single one was able to beat back the invincible reanimen for a short time.

We still need his most basic armor though and the best feat I've found so far is just him knocking out a Mauler twin. There's probably more so I'll keep looking.

I wasn't able to find any other feats that would put Robot at Immortal or Bulletproof levels but I was able to find a possible Brit AP feat. I don't really know if it counts considering we don't know how he beat this alternate Mark or how much help he got but it is something.
Possible_Brit_Feat.jpg

Also, weren't they able to harm regular Viltrumites en masse, or do I misremember?
No. Robot mentioned that his Titanium Volcanic armor would still be destroyed without much effort from Mark, but he had layered it in such a way that any blow would produce an intense noise that would harm a Viltrumite and if Mark hit him hard enough the sound wave would just kill him.

After killing Thragg Mark also tells all of the Viltrumites on his side to hold back against Robot to avoid producing intense sounds.

The armor wouldn't scale to any adult Viltrumite because it relies on exploiting a critical weakness in their biology to compete. Scaling to the Reanimen is fine though.

If I remember correctly that was because it was one of his vulcanic armors and it was one of the larger, more powerful ones at that. I just looked it over and realized that it wasn't his larger armor that took Thragg's hits but just the smaller one. It still didn't last though both because it's just Thragg hitting it and the sun was melting it so I don't really know if that's still usable as a feat.

We could put "higher with stronger armors" or something like that because he does have his larger armors that he pulls out occasionally.

Last edited:
We could considering his strongest armors were able to take some hits from Thragg. I also found a possible feat to scale Angstrom Levy to. He survived this explosion with some burns on his back. In comparison, most of the Maulers also in the room were reduced to charred corpses.

Nah they were oneshot by BoS Mark when he first fought them. Plus Kid-Omni Man, who should be comparable to BoS Mark, easily killed them when he accidentally went to far with his attacks.

Yes, the handbooks also only listed them as "Class 5", whereas Invincible was Class 30 by 2006 (the comic book started in 2003).

We could considering his strongest armors were able to take some hits from Thragg.
I'm iffy on it. Not that the armor didn't take a punch, because it did, but because the Sun's heat breaks down Thragg's power source.

Considering a good condition Mark easily punched through the armor I doubt Thragg couldn't replicate that.

I'm iffy on it. Not that the armor didn't take a punch, because it did, but because the Sun's heat breaks down Thragg's power source.

Considering a good condition Mark easily punched through the armor I doubt Thragg couldn't replicate that.
That's fair. So Robot's volcanic armor should scale to BoS Mark while his basic armors could scale to Maulers since he can reliably beat them and possibly Angstrom Levy considering he basically oneshot him when he was restrained but I don't think that would count.

possibly Angstrom Levy
For fairness Levy'a current direct scaling to Invincible doesn't really work. Even with enhancements he couldn't actually beat Mark without wearing him down first in his initial villain arc (also even then I don't think he actually ever harmed Invincible). When he came back the orbs could stagger Mark but he still relied on other Invincibles to do anything and Mark was holding back kn him the entire time.

There is something I found that would scale to Levy. It's him surviving the warehouse explosion from his experiment to merge his minds. I don't know if anyone wants to try and calc it. I already posted it on Calc Requests but I don't know if anyone's actually gonna calc it. If someone calcs it, we could use that as his base and then just say he's "higher with orbs" since there's nothing to scale to orbs to.

Okay so I checked the Angstrom justifications in greater detail.
This is just not true honestly. These come from Invincible #33 and the blood was not from Levy. He did not damage the mask (which came off from the fragments of a building) and when Mark stopped holding back he easily beat him nearly to death due to overestimating his strength.
The orbs are also confusing, since as before the blood on the pages already existed before they ever came into contact with Mark, Bulletproof, or Kid Omni-Man. to scale to pre-Viltrum war Mark. Staggering people isn't really indicative of scaling to them honestly.

So here's my suggestions for everyone besides the Wolfman and Outrun who need more work than I'm willing to do

Brit
Attack Potency: At least Building level (Capable of harming Octoboss who can tank explosions from Rex Splode), possibly higher (Defeated a version of Invincible offscreen, though its possible that he won after wearing Invincible out first as he's previously shown to do)

Speed: At most Massively Hypersonic+ (Shown to be able to keep up with people who can tag Outrun, but was incapable of dealing with someone with speeds noted to be less than that of a Viltrumite)

Lifting Strength: Unknown

Striking Strength:
At least Building Class, possibly higher

Durability:
At least Large Island level (Withstood the OmegaJacket's plasma waves. Robot claimed that he would be unable to kill Brit, even with his best armor. Withstood attacks from alternate versions of Invincible)
The Emperor
Attack Potency: At least Large Island level (Significantly more powerful than the base OmegaJacket, easily exterminated the Geldarians. Brit noted that The Emperor was powerful enough to have easily beaten him in a fight)

Speed: Varies, up to Massively FTL+ (Superior to an early Invincible. By the nature of Smart Atoms his speed should work in a similar fashion as Allen's)

Lifting Strength: At least Class G (Far superior to Tech Jacket)

Striking Strength: At least Large Island Class (Easily took down Tech Jacket and Invincible)

Durability: Likely Country level (Tech Jacket's are noted as increasing the wearer's physicals by over a hundred fold, which would place his durability in this tier after the boost)
Rex Splode
Attack Potency: Wall level physically (Easily shattered two doors with a kick), Building level with regular explosions (Easily destroyed a large mansion with a baseball), Large level via suicide move (Charged his own skeleton, destroying himself and a parallel Invincible)

Speed: Unknown (Caught an explosive bullet from Killcannon)

Lifting Strength: Peak Human (Capable of lifting up to 1,000 lbs)

Striking Strength: Wall Class

Durability:
Likely Wall level (Took several hits from a enraged parallel Invincible and barely survived. However, this may be a case of Plot-Induced Stupidity)
Immortal
Attack Potency: City level+ (Superior to two heroes that withstood a meteor impact), possibly Large Island level (Stated to be one of three known beings who can compare to a Viltrumite's power level, being listed alongside Atom Eve and Allen the Alien. Briefly fought with Omni-Man on a few occasions, but despite successfully landing and trading blows, was defeated rather easily)

Speed: Varies up to Massively FTL+ (Caught Omni-Man off guard, kept up with Invincible, could evade Bulletproof for some time. Due to the nature of Smart Atoms his speed should work on the same principle as Allen the Alien)

Lifting Strength: At least Class 25 (Capable of pressing over 25 tons. Threw a bi-plane into space)

Striking Strength: City Class+, possibly Large Island Class+

Durability:
City Class+, possibly Large Island Class+ (Can take attacks from Invincible, Robot and Omnipotus). Immortality makes him difficult to permanently kill, although he can be incapacitated for extended periods.
Robot
Attack Potency: Human level | City level+, possibly Large Island level (Can harm the Immortal) | Large Island level (Capable of tearing apart Invincible Reanimen)

Speed: Average Human | Varies up to Massively FTL+ (Shown to be comparable to Immortal and Bulletproof speed wise. Robot suits can keep up with Viltrumites, though ultimately they're slower) | Varies up to Massively FTL+ (Stopped blows from Invincible)

Lifting Strength: Average Human | Unknown | At least Class K (Superior to invincible Reanimen who are comparable to an early Mark)

Striking Strength: Human level | City Class+, possibly Large Island Class | Large Island Class

Durability:
Human level | City level+, possibly Large Island level | Large Island level

Keys: Base | Basic Armors | Titanium-Volcanic Armors
For Bulletproof we do the following
  • Remove all scaling to Mark. Since by the time they actually interact in that way Mark is hilariously better than him
  • Scale his lifting strength to his guidebook statement
Wolfman just changes his AP tier to match Immortals

Idk what to do about Levy and we just delete this guy because his page is awful

Sounds good but I feel Immortal should just be Possibly High 6-C tho since the 7-B feat is for people he’s already drastically stronger then

Sounds good but I feel Immortal should just be Possibly High 6-C tho since the 7-B feat is for people he’s already drastically stronger then
Maybe "At least City level+" for him and Bulletproof rather than just City level+?

Thank you for helping out. I think that "At least City level+" should be fine, and agree with most of the suggested additions, with two exceptions:

As far as I have understood, Brit is supposed to be the most invulnerable known character in the series, Thragg included, but is a massive stone wall, with much lower attack potency.

Immortal should have much higher lifting strength than class 25, as the handbooks are just for comparison purposes, not to be taken literally, much like for Marvel Comics.

As far as I have understood, Brit is supposed to be the most invulnerable known character in the series
I agreed on this up until this thread actually. Because there's a few showings where he gets knocked out from an outside force: Such as Omnipotus, Brit himself noted that The Emperor was capable of taking him down, and being knocked out by Set's powers (guess that might be hax though).

He has limits and when he's went up against people with High 6-A showings he's gone down.
Immortal should have much higher lifting strength than class 25
He should but I honestly do not know of any feat he has that would get him above that. He would need scaling and I don't know what chain there is to a better feat.

Set drained his life force if I remember correctly, but you may be correct in other cases. In any case, I highly doubt that even Thragg would be able to kill Brit by just punching him.

We could place Immortal on unknown lifting strength, unless there is some feat for beginning of series Invincible that he scales to.

For Robot, he can kick the shit out of Thragg's children.
So I'd assume he'd at least scale to Kid-Omniman and early Mark and the like. Possibly higher given how strong said kids are in actuality.

Yes, Robot should scale to young adult average Viltrumites. Thragg and end of series Invincible are far above them.

Yeah I agree about an early Mark. I even included scans for the Titanium Armor being just Large Island level

Why? He has showings, just that we don't know an upper limit. "At least Class 25" should be fine.
It is a random handbook number that does not fit with the scale of the series itself. It is very inappropriate to use.

We need to find some other lifting strength feat to scale from, either by him or early series Invincible.
He scales to adult Kid Omniman, and as such likely average Vultrumites, yes.

But why? We have a bare minimum number that doesn't contradict anything. Its a perfectly fine placeholder designation.
It is a random handbook number that does not mean anything except how strong he is in comparison to other characters. We do not use them for Marvel Comics and we should not use them here either.

It should be perfectly possible to find other feats to scale from either by early Invincible or himself. Can't we use a calculation for that throwing feat you listed instead?
By the time Mark gets any showings above Class 25 he's already beyond any Earthbound hero. Heck, by issue #25 it was even noted that he outclassed everyone on Earth
Again, he was only officially Class 30 to Omni-Man's Class 100+ by 2006, which was likely a bit after issue #25. By comparison, Monstress was listed as class 60.

It is a random handbook number that does not mean anything except how strong he is in comparison to other characters. We do not use them for Marvel Comics and we should not use them here either.
Marvel usually has feats for us to fall back on or direct lines of scaling to use though. Here we have nothing and everything we are given doesn't contradict the 25 tons number.
Can't we use a calculation for that throwing feat you listed instead?
The feat takes place in The Pact mini-series, which takes place between Issues #30 and #31 of Invincible. That's well after Immortal would scale in any physical capacity to Mark (in terms of lifting strength).

Marvel usually has feats for us to fall back on or direct lines of scaling to use though. Here we have nothing and everything we are given doesn't contradict the 25 tons number.
Given that a considerable number of feats in the series strongly suggest an overall far higher scale, I continue to maintain that it is ridiculous to use handbook numbers. Sorry, but I am not backing down in this regard. Also, why can't we use the other feat that you listed for Immortal to scale from instead? It should give a considerably higher value.
The feat takes place in The Pact mini-series, which takes place between Issues #30 and #31 of Invincible. That's well after Immortal would scale in any physical capacity to Mark (in terms of lifting strength).
I thought that you said that Immortal himself performed the feat. Also, again, Immortal after around 3 years (36 issues) of the series, when the handbooks were released, was listed as almost equal to Invincible at the time.

Never mind, I checked the feat that you linked to, and it does not seem very impressive. I mistakenly thought that he threw an airplane into space. We need to find something else to use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back