• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Still can't find the bit that supports this -> "She's not limited to seeing one linear flow of Fate, she's capable of seeing all possible flows of Fate."

That would only be one linear flow of Fate. Seeing all possible flows of Fate would be similar to seeing all alternate possibilities.

Nevermind found it:

Once she had become aware of it, she wasn't able to divert her consciousness, but just kept being exposed to the fear. It was a dead end. It was the destination where fate would always end up, there was nothing ahead there. Everything was taking the form of that man there in the end.

It's pretty vague but I remember something clearer than this

Yes, it was something along those lines. Would that be too vague or is it enough? I'll look through volume 2 again and check for it whenever I can if it is too vague because I do recall something more concrete.

I just realized that if the HRE absorbs HRs and makes them a part of his existance then the fact that Yogiri killed his existance means that he erased the type 3 concepts that are the Heavenly Records. If this is actually the case then it should probably be added to his profile.

I can see it, if HR's are considered to be conceptual in nature.

Where does that statement come from again?

"The Heavenly Record, stated simply, is the world's vessel; the world itself.
On the top of the Heavenly Record, there are various other recorded things which comprise this world, as well as a type of intelligent life.
It is a conceptual thing; for example, Yogiri and the others appear in the Heavenly Record for the universe of their original world, but for the world they are in now, they appear on the ground and sea directly on top of the Heavenly Record."

I got it. Man...this is a wierd cosmology. Makes interpreting some feats a bit difficult.

Anyway, in regards to the latest chapter, do you think it should be mentioned on Yogiri's profile that ID doesn't instantly activate against people he cares for?

Forget my counter-argument for Yogiri having multiple seals. There's an implication in the end of Volume 3, at the last bit of the Interlude. Where it says 『╬æ╬®'s first seal has been confirmed to be released. A self destruct sequence has been put into motion for the subject of level C. Warning. People in the vicinity are recommended to move away at least five meters. Starting the countdown. 10, 9, 8……』(???)

I over read this in my first bit of reading the novel.

YungManzi said:
Anyway, in regards to the latest chapter, do you think it should be mentioned on Yogiri's profile that ID doesn't instantly activate against people he cares for?
Yes, it should definitley be added to his weaknesses.

TheMonsterOfTheAbyss said:
I just realized that if the HRE absorbs HRs and makes them a part of his existance then the fact that Yogiri killed his existance means that he erased the type 3 concepts that are the Heavenly Records. If this is actually the case then it should probably be added to his profile.
Yeah, I think it was implied before that he could kill concepts or ideas. His battle against the HRE might have been an example

Also, shouldn't he get resistance to Plot Manip? He basically defeated Aoi

Maybe Plot Manipulation Negation for Instant Death since having plot armor like a protagonist to save her from death did not really help Aoi if she took action against Yogiri, but I do not recall Yogiri actually having reistance to her using the ability since she was using the manipulation of the plot of destiny to bypass his Fate hax.

Just throwing the idea that he might as well have show to kill stuff in a conceptual level before, in that fight that yogiri killed a dude organs and that even after it was regenrated or done several things its functions was just unable to come back i was thinking that he might not have just killed a organ if it was the case regenration should give him his senses back unless it was killed in a deeper level killing the very idea that he had for example "eyes" to see so even if someone got him new eyes he would continue be unable to see since yoigir had killed his eyes on a conceptual level

I can see that maybe being the case. Like the death of the beast person's ears caused a total loss of any form of communication, even beyond the simple Regenerationn of the ears Lain was unable to communicate through telepathy which should have been unrelated to the ears. I think it is currently justified as Curse Manipulation but I do not know where that comes from.

Also, his Precognition should likely get upgraded since its not "killing intent-based" only, its much more than that

In the last chapters, he predicted that Tomochika would be shot, and the guys weren't even targeting him, only Tomochika

I think it was explained that general hazards are shown to him as well since he dodged the bullet of the giant agressor which had no intent to kill him. That ability of his should probably also count as extrasensorial perception or something, since can visually see the lines of death, the danger of the area he is in, and if he concentrates the killing intent coming off others and towards what it is directed.

Alright.

Oh, and can the manga be used as tertiary canon? I may be able to get a calc of Santarou's fireballs through there since the novel only says it erased chunks of mountains and Tachibana also shows the possibility of just blowing up the city Yogiri and Tomochika were in but Lain's barrier would block the attack so Sages would solidly scale to city level.

I can see that maybe being the case. Like the death of the beast person's ears caused a total loss of any form of communication, even beyond the simple Regenerationn of the ears Lain was unable to communicate through telepathy which should have been unrelated to the ears. I think it is currently justified as Curse Manipulation but I do not know where that comes from.
Yeah, I put down curse manipulation, because it just seemed like he closest thing to what happened. I didn't even think about conceptual manipulation being a possibility, or the fact that HR's are conceptual in nature.

Curse Manip is also related about the fact that people is bounded to die when Yogiri "misses" his ability

Like what happened to the cat girl in the beggining of the series. She escaped from Yogiri and died after a few seconds

Yogiri claims that even if the target doesnt die instantly, it will surely die soon

I think you should probably add elemental intangibility since Lain is unable to damage him due to his existance being ambiguous like fog. His range of drying things up should probably also be increased to hundreds of meters since he caused the desertification of the entire area above the ruins. The novel also mentions that when Santarou went to confront him an entire sage territory was desertified.

" "Oh, another question. If you're an invader then where did you actually come from?"

『From outside this world.』

"Do you know how to get back then? We were actually forcefully summoned to this world."

『I apologize, but I can only return to my own world. I do not know your world's coordinates.』

If the robot could have just sent them home pretty much all of their problems would be settled, but it seemed like it wasn't going to be that easy.

"Coordinates, huh. If we had those we could travel across worlds?"

『Correct.』"

Volume 1, Chapter 20

The agressors come from other worlds, they should be able to travel to other worlds as long as they know the coordinates.

His range of drying things up should probably also be increased to hundreds of meters since he caused the desertification of the entire area above the ruins. The novel also mentions that when Santarou went to confront him an entire sage territory was desertified.
Yeah, but thats not really combat applicable, since Lain and Euphemia were really close to him and they weren't being affected

Apparently, he can passively dry up objects and similar stuff but he needs to physically touch living targets to wither them

I was looking for a picture for Tomochika with the Jap title and I ended up coming across the free trials for volume 1-3 of the LN. I also got one for Rick and Ayaka.

Also turns out that Yogiri's childhood friend was introduced back in some of the parts that were not translated.

Kek.

Back