• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Infinite Speed Guidelines FINALE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragonmasterxyz

VS Battles
FC/OC VS Battles
Retired
So we can finally put the whole infinite speed guidelines stuff to rest here....theoretically anyway. The last thread while not as long, did have a lot to do with Dragon Ball Heroes, Final Fantasy Xlll-2 and Digimon and as such too many things were happening at once. This one is simply going to be our standards.

Currently, we are working off the ideas that Ever posted here.

Type 1: "Timeless" Voids: Voids that supposedly lack time but are completely contradicted to be such. Examples: The Void in League of Legends and the World of Void in Dragon Ball Super.

Type 2: Insubstantial Voids: Voids that have some properties of being timeless, but not enough to warrant Infinite speed, at least not most of the time. Examples: The Demon Realm in Dragon Ball Heroes and the Distortion World from Pokémo.

Type 3: "True" Voids: Voids that are stated to be timeless and are expressively shown to be such. They have many properties that would come with timelessness that this undeniable they would qualify for Infinite speed. Examples: The Void Beyond in Final Fantasy XIII-2 and the Dark Area in Digimo.

From my understanding,

Type 1: Will not grant infinite speed.

Type 2: Infinite speed is indeed possible, however more evidence is needed.

Type 3: Infinite Speed is more than likely acceptable.

What are the other properties a void should have, when it's stated to be timeless and is not contradicted, to warrant infinite speed?

Should we move this thread to the staff forum to ensure that it stays on topic and is more easily manageable?

Also, should we create a "Timeless Voids" page that explains the standards that we decide here?

I think as long as everyone stays calm and on topic, the thread will go smoothly.

The currently proposed Void types and qualifications for infinite speed for each type are really good imo.

I think this will wrap up well.

Still might be a good idea.

Also, with this, I think implementing a "Timeless Void" page will be in everyone's best interest.

Assaltwaffle said:
Still might be a good idea.

Also, with this, I think implementing a "Timeless Void" page will be in everyone's best interest.
I'd rather call it "Void feats infiction" or something to that effect.

Personally, i'd say that the main criteria should be a in-verse description of how the flow of time passes (or doesn't) when you compare the void and the regular world.

So not "This void is timeless" but stuff like Re:Digitize (?) stopping your timer when you enter the Dark Area, for example

@Kaltias

So you're saying the Type 3 Void needs to have more strict requirements and display its functionality, not just have statements?

No. A statement explaining it would also be fine, as long as the source is reliable.

And it isn't for the type 3 only, it's more "kind of statement/feat that said void should have if you want infinite speed"

Guys, i don't think realms can grant "infinite speed" unless they are specifically stated that "a being without infinite speed will be unable to move there". Because, just because something is timeless doesn't mean that it prevents other beings from moving, it might just work like "as long as you are here time doesn't pass for the places where time exists".

A good example of this is Touta from UQ Holder!. When he was in the Queen's Rift he was moving and acting freely (and even trained and caused future events to happen) even though the Queen's Rift is a timeless void AND past, present and future are one (Touta met the past version of his master there, so it's not an outlier that the place is omnipresent throughout time). Though Touta doesn't have infinite speed nor immesurable speed/omnipresence through time.

For that reason I still think that a realm/rift/void should have a statement or showing of some kind that "a normal being will be unable to move in that kind of place", in order for it to prove that you rly need to be infinite in speed in order to move there.

We have been over this already. You are asking for something that almost no verse follows as well as something that is flat out unreasonable.

"as long as you are here time doesn't pass for the places where time exists"

Also...what?

Another Question:

• If a place isn't a Void but it's Timeless and has many things for Infinite Speed, the Void count?

Dragonmasterxyz said:
We have been over this already. You are asking for something that almost no verse follows as well as something that is flat out unreasonable.
Well i just told you an example of an anime that does that. So by our current rules about 3+ characters should be immesurable and have omnipresence throughout time.

Your example had nothing to do with what you have proposed. You example sounds more like an outlier (Your reasoning for it not to be doesn't fly) and trying to justify it.

I mainly agree with Dragon and Ever and Assalt. I would also prefer to rename Type 1 to "Fake" Voids, to avoid (hah) confusion.

AKM sama said:
What are the other properties a void should have, when it's stated to be timeless and is not contradicted, to warrant infinite speed?
^

That case is not an outlier, it's far from it. He meets the past version of his master, and that is the reason he is living the present. I mean the master loved him but he didn't know (and neither did we), and then we learn that Touta is the guy she loved WAY back because he met her past self inside the queen's rift. The whole story of the anime is based on that fact, it is not an outlier.

I don't see what any of that has to do with it being a Immeasurable or Infinite speed, nor how that would prove it isn't an outlier.

Off topic but yes, it's a OMFG outlier, the serie have characters who have explicitly Lightning Speed and Tier 6 with no Higher dimensional Abilities

It's also TPI or Acausality

It is not an outlier, the whole story is literally based around the fact that the rift is timeless and omnipresent through time, i don't see how that could be a false statement. And @DodoNova2, it's not an outlier, it was never stated that Touta or any of the other characters are omnipresent through time, though they still menaged to move in that kind of rift. What im trying to say here is that just because you can act in a timeless void doesn't mean you have infinite speed. It may work for some series but it's not by default.

Even if the story revolves around it, that doesn't mean it's not an outlier.

Unless in this rift thee character is mentioned to be unbound by regular time or something, it's an outlier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back