• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Round 1: Both are in-character, Goku starts in Base

Round 2: Saitama is bloodlusted, Goku starts in his Perfected Ultra Instinct
First off I know giving the new chapter people would think that Saitama's reactive power level is better than Goku's but I'd like to argue against it. Going as far back as the frieza saga when Goku was completely outclassed by frieza, Goku grew in power during battle to the point he was toying and then eventually fodderized frieza. The same thing happened in the cell saga but with vegeta, android 18 was shocked how much vegeta grew in power after such a short time. Strong enough to fodderize imperfect cell. Moving forward to DBS we have Goku doing the same thing but an even higher scale. Anyways as for the match up

Round 1: Goku is in base and has equal stats with Saitama. Goku should take this because Goku can multiply is power 10x 20x with kioken, 50x with Ssj, 100x with ssj2 and 400x with ssj3 and even astronomically higher with God form and still stack Ssj and kioken multipliers on top of this. I don't see in anyone's mind would think Saitama would win because in this new chapter he had a zenkai boost. Anyways this isn't like Garou where he is matching saitama with equal force. Goku would match him with equal force in base and then go astronomically higher with transformations.

Round 2: Goku starts out with MUI against saitama. Equal stats as usual. Goku should have the advantage being able to passively dodge Saitama's attack and hit harder and sharper with each strike.

Tho I don't have a counter for Saitama's Time reversal. Isn't that a one time thing? And if we're including it I don't think it would be in Saitama's character to use it. And I doubt saitama would knock Goku out with one punch in a stats equalised match even if that happens.

First off I know giving the new chapter people would think that Saitama's reactive power level is better than Goku's but I'd like to argue against it. Going as far back as the frieza saga when Goku was completely outclassed by frieza, Goku grew in power during battle to the point he was toying and then eventually fodderized frieza. The same thing happened in the cell saga but with vegeta, android 18 was shocked how much vegeta grew in power after such a short time. Strong enough to fodderize imperfect cell. Moving forward to DBS we have Goku doing the same thing but an even higher scale. Anyways as for the match up
Just.. no.

Goku has no instances of growing EXPONENTIALLY, as in, literally multiplying his power by the second without transformations (Basically every single attack in the fight). He absolutely can not keep up with Saitama's Accelerated Development.

Garou has better feats of Reactive Evolution than Goku, and even that PLUS Power Mimicry was unable to keep up with Saitama at all. Saitama went from fighting seriously to casually obliterating him in seconds.

Nothing you posted comes remotely close to what is seen in chapter 168 of OPM, or even any of Garou's stuff.

Garou went from city level to 5-C in a matter of hours, he can grow several times stronger in moments, and Saitama's RPL dwarfs his. Goku's RPL growth is minor compared to that.
During the namek saga, Goku went from planet level to star level+ in a matter of hours

Goku has no instances of growing EXPONENTIALLY, as in, literally multiplying his power by the second without transformations (Basically every single attack in the fight). He absolutely can not keep up with Saitama's Accelerated Development.
Maybe you should Go back and rewatch Dragonball. And idk why you're excluding transformations when that's how Goku and other characters in Dragonball increase in power.

Maybe you should Go back and rewatch Dragonball. And idk why you're excluding transformations when that's how Goku and other characters in Dragonball increase in power.
Because transformations are Direct Amps, not Reactive Power level or Accelerated Development.

Maybe you should get better scans for your feats because nothing you posted comes close to Saitama's AD. They don't even reach Garou's RE.

Garou has better feats of Reactive Evolution than Goku, and even that PLUS Power Mimicry was unable to keep up with Saitama at all. Saitama went from fighting seriously to casually obliterating him in seconds.
Wow where haven't I seen this? Garou doesn't have better RPL than Goku, that's another argument and I wouldn't want to derail from saitama v Goku. Goku also did this in the namek saga. From being overwhelmed by 50% frieza to fodderizing him, and even best 100% frieza.

Wow where haven't I seen this? Garou doesn't have better RPL than Goku, that's another argument and I wouldn't want to derail from saitama v Goku. Goku also did this in the namek saga. From being overwhelmed by 50% frieza to fodderizing him, and even best 100% frieza.
Proof that Frieza can multiply in power and copy Goku's power at the same time?

Garou went from 6-A to 5-C in a single fight lasting minutes at most.

Round 1: Goku is in base and has equal stats with Saitama. Goku should take this because Goku can multiply is power 10x 20x with kioken, 50x with Ssj, 100x with ssj2 and 400x with ssj3 and even astronomically higher with God form and still stack Ssj and kioken multipliers on top of this. I don't see in anyone's mind would think Saitama would win because in this new chapter he had a zenkai boost. Anyways this isn't like Garou where he is matching saitama with equal force. Goku would match him with equal force in base and then go astronomically higher with transformations.

Round 2: Goku starts out with MUI against saitama. Equal stats as usual. Goku should have the advantage being able to passively dodge Saitama's attack and hit harder and sharper with each strike.

Tho I don't have a counter for Saitama's Time reversal. Isn't that a one time thing? And if we're including it I don't think it would be in Saitama's character to use it. And I doubt saitama would knock Goku out with one punch in a stats equalised match even if that happens.
1. Goku had to unlock freaking Super Saiyan to fodderize Frieza. That's not reactive power level. As for Vegeta, he trained in the RoSaT for an entire year to get to that level of power. Saitama's Reactive power Level made him start at being able to eviscerate half of Europa's surface with a serious table flip (europa is smaller than Earth's moon) to casually sneezing Jupiter's gasses away in a matter of minutes. That's almost on par with Broly's reactive power level.

Sure, you could say Goku wins round 1 since the multipliers for Ultra Instinct are enough to make a 3A go Low 2C, but for Round 2 he gets splattered

Transformations and reactive power level are two different things. Goku's base form wasn't increasing exponentially. Kaioken and the SSJ forms are multiplicative power-ups, that is different from Saitama just getting stronger by fighting.

Because transformations are Direct Amps, not Reactive Power level or Accelerated Development.
Since when are Goku's transformations not considered RPL?
Proof that Frieza can multiply in power and copy Goku's power at the same time?
You're just asking for non existent proof. Frieza was already significantly more powerful than Goku, Goku being able to match and overwhelm him during battle is a massive feat of RPL.

Also Goku went from planet level to star level+ in a matter of hours

You're just asking for non existent proof. Frieza was already significantly more powerful than Goku, Goku being able to match and overwhelm him during battle is a massive feat of RPL.

Transformations have never been RPL, huh?

The point is, Garou was both reactively evolving AND copying Saitama's strength, and yet still wasn't able to catch up. It's simply a much, much better feat of becoming stronger.

Garou went from 7-B to 5-C in far less time than it took Goku to do that tier jump.

Transformations and reactive power level are two different things. Goku's base form wasn't increasing exponentially. Kaioken and the SSJ forms are multiplicative power-ups, that is different from Saitama just getting stronger by fighting.
Okay my bad for including transformations then... I'll use other instances then

Since RPL was even a thing.

It isn't RPL, it's a transformation. If Frieza was still stronger than him or became stronger than him, guess what? He would have been killed. Because transformations are fixed increases. Goku became 50x stronger with Super Saiyan, but not 50x stronger overall just from fighting, that would be if his base form became 50x stronger as well, which would be actual RPL.

You mean dwarf star level bare minimum to arguably around star level. Planet level is downplay. Not to mention, Zenkai boosts, or at least the variation that requires a Saiyan to be heavily wounded, is different from the RPL we're talking about, and isn't really combat applicable without regeneration or something. That Zenkai boost gave him a massive increase, and that's on top of a 50x power up. He didn't just go from dwarf star level to star level by fighting and nothing else. It is not the same thing nor is it even comparable.

I think going from planet level to star level+ in hours is a much better feat
he starts as Planet level in the Saiyan saga

waits like a week since he nearly died

trains to become like dwarf star level after another few days

nearly dies again

and comes back still dwarf star level

He never reaches star level without kaioken or super saiyan, and the massive jump in power he gained between sagas was due to 2 Zenkais plus training over the course of several days. Saitama mimicked that within minutes

I think going from planet level to star level+ in hours is a much better feat
You are objectively wrong, then.

The difference between peak 7-B and baseline 5-C is 4.7105678e+12x (Lowballing for Garou)

The difference between baseline 5-B and peak 4-C is 13000240795.9x (Highballing for Goku)

Not even comparable.

he starts as Planet level in the Saiyan saga

waits like a week since he nearly died

trains to become like dwarf star level after another few days

nearly dies again

and comes back still dwarf star level

He never reaches star level without kaioken or super saiyan, and the massive jump in power he gained between sagas was due to 2 Zenkais plus training over the course of several days. Saitama mimicked that within minutes
Okay... I'd like to use the instance of Goku's ssb going from 3-A to low 2-C within minutes (the time frame of the Top)

You are objectively wrong, then.

The difference between peak 7-B and baseline 5-C is 4.7105678e+12x (Lowballing for Garou)

The difference between baseline 5-B and peak 4-C is 13000240795.9x (Highballing for Goku)

Not even comparable.
Okay I'd concede to that point then...

Garou went from city level to 5-C in a matter of hours, he can grow several times stronger in moments, and Saitama's RPL dwarfs his. Goku's RPL growth is minor compared to that.
It isn't... Seeing as how Goku went from being one finger blocked by a heavily suppressed jiren to keeping up with a jiren who was finally showing a hint of his real power

By default, the difference between 3-A and 2-C is considered unqualified to measure
Pretty sure the difference between 3-A and Low 2-C is infinite.

Just like the difference between Low 2-C and literally everything below Low 2-C is infinite.

Okay... I'd like to use the instance of Goku's ssb going from 3-A to low 2-C within minutes (the time frame of the Top)
Via a zenkai and Frieza's help. Not by himself.

If Saitama punches Goku to near death in this fight, Goku doesn't have anyone near him that will offer him their energy. He doesn't have regen

That automatically makes Goku's RPL>>> Saitama's. And I thought this was stats equalised match up. How did it get to who has better RPL?
Reactive Power Level means improving mid battle

Goku's Zenkais work differently. He needs to recover from near death in order to get the power boost. Which he doesn't have the luxury of doing in this fight

Goku's Zenkais work differently. He needs to recover from near death in order to get the power boost. Which he doesn't have the luxury of doing in this fight
Goku also grows drastically mid battle. This was shown in the TOP. He didn't have any near death experience after his second UI transformation. His SSB became capable of contending with jiren

He did by himself... Frieza didn't help Goku until after MUI v jiren fight. This happened after Goku's second UI sign transformation
ok yeah that's definitely fair.

But he needed UI Sign to trigger in order to get that massive boost.

In every instance that Goku has gotten stronger mid battle he has either:

1. Nearly died and someone healed him up
2. Unlocked a new transformation that also broke his limits
3. Used an already unlocked transformation

He doesn't just passively get stronger like Saitama does.

Back