• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Tbh, I’m leaning towards garou having better AD, since while goku did indeed improve drastically that time, he and vegeta got rolled by broly via AD. plus, I think garou has more consistent showings of AD being super big

It's worse. It's a ''possibly'' rating. 💀
oh yeah, ur talking about regular human to high 6-a when he was just doing pushes, my guy goku is a saiyan, plot armor king, and god luck and still was struggling with building level destruction BoS 😹 😹

Tbh, I’m leaning towards garou having better AD, since while goku did indeed improve drastically that time, he and vegeta got rolled by broly via AD. plus, I think garou has more consistent showings of AD being super big
1. Broly would just have better AD (but I think it was just an insane rage amp.)
2. Goku cannot consistently perform the jumps he did.

Nah

I claim the strength remained, not the divine power. The strength fused with Goku, the godly Ki disappeared.

Edit: I've just seen that the sub confirms my point about Aura disappearing and SSG power remaining inside Goku
That makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.
What is unequivocal is that goku's regular ki became as strong as his SSG state's godly ki, that can only happen if his regular SSJ form grew in strength to reach his SSG state.
That is because the disappearance of his SSG form and his godly ki is mutually exclusive with him losing his strength since his godly ki is the source of his strength in SSG.

The literal god ki power of his SSG form could not have fused with his base form because that is the basis of the SSB form.

Judge it if you want, but that's what (canonically & accepted in the wiki) happened.

Goku's strength growing to 3-A without absorbing SSG power in base is speculation, contradicted by Beerus' explanation and not accepted in the wiki.

Judge it if you want, but that's what (canonically & accepted in the wiki) happened.

Goku's strength growing to 3-A without absorbing SSG power in base is speculation, contradicted by Beerus' explanation and not accepted in the wiki.
Canonically it also says that Goku evolved until he surpassed SSG.
latest

The wiki's justification says Goku absorbed SSG but the explanation blog says his SSJ form surpassed SSG.
Beerus' explanation does not necessarily contrdaict it because it's up to interpretation. And the explanation that Goku absorbed it makes no sense logically.

He doesn't have any feats putting him above 4-B prior to growing stronger, so we don't assume he is.
Goku didn't reach the limit of the power SSG had to offer until later on the fight. Until that, he was just taking more and more power the transformation had to offer, which again, is not a natural growth
Canonically it also says that Goku evolved until he surpassed SSG.
latest
Nothing contradicts him absorbing god power in base. If he absorbs God power, then increases his power more, he's clearly surpassed SSG. Yet it does not mean he had a natural growth from 4-B to 3-A in base.
The wiki's justification says Goku absorbed SSG but the explanation blog says his SSJ form surpassed SSG.
Check Goku's page AP justification and Absorption explanation, please.
Beerus' explanation does not necessarily contrdaict it because it's up to interpretation. And the explanation that Goku absorbed it makes no sense logically.
"It appears your SSG powers did not disappear" "God power fused within your very being". Don't know how that implies something different to Goku fusing SSG power with his base power.

And, again, what fused with Goku was the strength of SSG: the divine ki/Red aura disappeared (his ki became the one of a mortal), but his strength (3-A AP) remained. That's why he didn't become SSGSS, because he lost his divine ki, which was, in fact, the only thing he lost after the SSG transformation went out

Goku didn't reach the limit of the power SSG had to offer until later on the fight. Until that, he was just taking more and more power the transformation had to offer, which again, is not a natural growth
I've already provided scans that say Goku's latent power is what allowed him to grow stronger.

Also, the scaling at the end of the BoG arc is Base Goku > SSJ Goku > SSG Goku, so he had to grow massively in power regardless.

Nothing contradicts him absorbing god power in base. If he absorbs God power, then increases his power more, he's clearly surpassed SSG. Yet it does not mean he had a natural growth from 4-B to 3-A in base.
The contradiction is that he didn't have god ki in base even though he should've absorbed god power into his base.

Check Goku's page AP justification and Absorption explanation, please.
I am aware. I literally said I was, that is why I brought another source which says otherwise (the explanation blog).

"It appears your SSG powers did not disappear" "God power fused within your very being". Don't know how that implies something different to Goku fusing SSG power with his base power.

And, again, what fused with Goku was the strength of SSG: the divine ki/Red aura disappeared (his ki became the one of a mortal), but his strength (3-A AP) remained. That's why he didn't become SSGSS, because he lost his divine ki, which was, in fact, the only thing he lost after the SSG transformation went out
To me it's seems hyperbolic statement to describe SSJ Goku reaching SSG level.

Yes that is the problem. Goku's god ki is directly tied to his SSG strength. If you take away the god ki then you take away his strength. And if he absorbed the strength then he must have absorbed the source of the strength, the god ki.

Saitama’s AD is a bit more impressive than Goku’s but it fails in terms of mechanics. What I mean is the exponential increase only kicks in due to an “upsurge of emotion” Saitama’s never felt before, this is likely due to him fighting a worthy opponent. Even when Garou copied Saitama’s power the two were throwing hand quite a bit until much later. So Goku and Saitama will definitely duke it out for quite a bit before the emotional surge happens.

Goku’s AD is definitely comparable with Garou’s AD. Before he became a full monster.

Since stats are equalized, Goku’s only chance at winning this fight would be transformations.

This is how I think each round would go:

Round 1: Goku Wins. As both are in-character, both will most certainly hold back. Goku will stall to see what Saitama is made of. This will cause Saitama to put a considerable amount of effort in the fight but I doubt he’ll try too hard. Goku only lets his habit of drawing out his opponent’s full power for so long and then eventually he’ll start competing a little seriously since he does have the desire to win. The minute Goku turns into a Super Saiyan and gain that 50x multiplier in all his stats is when I believe he will defeat Saitama. If not as a Super Saiyan, then the other higher SSJ transformations will do. Don’t think he’ll turn into a god as that indicates Goku is going serious. It’s a simple sparring match.

Round 2: It depends, lots of factors. Does the setting function off of Dragon Ball’s rule of time or One Punch Man’s rule of time? If we’re going by One Punch Man’s rule of time then Saitama Wins easy. He goes back in time and kills Kid Goku in the beginning of the fight or something. If we’re going off Dragon Ball’s rule of time then Saitama will still succeed in killing Goku in the past, but present Goku won’t die, since it will just create a new timeline. I’d say it will be inconclusive since I don’t think Saitama will realize that he didn’t really succeed in killing present Goku, but if he decides to travel back to his timeline then we’ll actually see a fight between them both. I see Goku winning this. Stats would no longer be equalized if Goku starts with UI Sign. Even if Saitama decides to copy Goku’s ultra instinct, Saitama lacks the divine training to maintain the form for very long. When he reaches his limit. Saitama won’t be able to fight anymore and Goku kills him with a Kamehameha.

Round 3: Same scenario with round 2.

Saitama’s AD is a bit more impressive than Goku’s but it fails in terms of mechanics. What I mean is the exponential increase only kicks in due to an “upsurge of emotion” Saitama’s never felt before, this is likely due to him fighting a worthy opponent. Even when Garou copied Saitama’s power the two were throwing hand quite a bit until much later. So Goku and Saitama will definitely duke it out for quite a bit before the emotional surge happens.

Goku’s AD is definitely comparable with Garou’s AD. Before he became a full monster.

Since stats are equalized, Goku’s only chance at winning this fight would be transformations.

This is how I think each round would go:

Round 1: Goku Wins. As both are in-character, both will most certainly hold back. Goku will stall to see what Saitama is made of. This will cause Saitama to put a considerable amount of effort in the fight but I doubt he’ll try too hard. Goku only lets his habit of drawing out his opponent’s full power for so long and then eventually he’ll start competing a little seriously since he does have the desire to win. The minute Goku turns into a Super Saiyan and gain that 50x multiplier in all his stats is when I believe he will defeat Saitama. If not as a Super Saiyan, then the other higher SSJ transformations will do. Don’t think he’ll turn into a god as that indicates Goku is going serious. It’s a simple sparring match.

Round 2: It depends, lots of factors. Does the setting function off of Dragon Ball’s rule of time or One Punch Man’s rule of time? If we’re going by One Punch Man’s rule of time then Saitama Wins easy. He goes back in time and kills Kid Goku in the beginning of the fight or something. If we’re going off Dragon Ball’s rule of time then Saitama will still succeed in killing Goku in the past, but present Goku won’t die, since it will just create a new timeline. I’d say it will be inconclusive since I don’t think Saitama will realize that he didn’t really succeed in killing present Goku, but if he decides to travel back to his timeline then we’ll actually see a fight between them both. I see Goku winning this. Stats would no longer be equalized if Goku starts with UI Sign. Even if Saitama decides to copy Goku’s ultra instinct, Saitama lacks the divine training to maintain the form for very long. When he reaches his limit. Saitama won’t be able to fight anymore and Goku kills him with a Kamehameha.

Round 3: Same scenario with round 2.
Notice that due to the Many Worlds theory (and the fact that future Garou may not be exactly current Garou), the mecchanics of Dragonball rule of Time and the one of One Punch Man may be more similar to what one may think.
If anything, in dragonball Whis actually use a technique that was able to backward time in the same timeline, thus it may be ironically more possible in Dragonball to travel back in time in the same timeline than may be in One punch man.
The rule of time of One punch man all in all is not completely clear.

Back