• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
WeeklyBattles said:
Can i just ask how the hell they think Infernape is only 3'11?
Maybe because he's comparable in height to these pokemon; Fearow, Alolan Sandslash, Vileplume, Mega Alakazam, Slowpoke, Muk, Electrode, Lickitung, Weezing, Seadra, Bayleef, Lanturn, Sudowoodo, Yanma, Forretress, Smeargle, Miltank, Pupitar, Dustox, Lombre, Pelipper, Breloom, Solrock, Mega Banette, Absol, Mega Absol, Metang, Staraptor, Vespiquen, Ambipom, Drifblim, Lopunny, Lucario, Lumineon, Magnezone, Stoutland, Unfezant, Gurdurr, Leavanny, Whirlipede, Carracosta, Frillish, Alomomola, Eelektrik, Mandibuzz, Talonflame, Vivillon, Furfrou, Zygarde 10% Form, Salazzle, Tsareena, Hakamo-o, Tapu Lele and Nihilego, and shown to be shorter then Lucas, Dawn, Ethan and Lyra

I'm still waiting for a Fire/Dragon type with the ability Iron Fist.

As usual, Infernape's Fire Manipulation means nothing here. Also, Infernape's page needs updating before this match can work, because as it is now Natsu most definitly wins.

I'm not exactly knowledgeable on Natsu so if I'm wrong fair enough but hear me out

I'm going with Infernape. Both nullify each other's fire attacks but Infernape has way more variety with other moves. If Natsu used an attack which he knows he can easily tank, he can encore Natsu into doing it again and look for an opening. Or he can counter (literally) Natsu and deal back his attacks with the same force. Or he could use thunderpunch or even taunt and force Natsu to use attacking moves which are less favourable.

Overall, Infernape takes his versatility edge and forcing Natsu to play into his hands

I think I will go with natsu due to him being immune to infernape's fire attacks and that any fire move used against natsu will bring him back to full hp also doesn't natsu have some lightning attacks as well? He could stun infernape and just wail on him till he is dead

I don't recall Natsu healing after absorbing fire. He recovers his stamina but doesn't heal his wounds.

Yeah, Natsu could eat the Thunder Punch and become resistant to lightning while gaining lightning attacks. Natsu would also get an AP amp from it. Natsu also has the advantage that while Infernape can't absorb his fire attacks, Natsu can absorb Infernape's fire attacks and get a solid amp from it.Natsu can also hit fire resistant people without using his fire by using his flames like a rocket booster on the back of his fists.

" Both nullify each other's fire attacks but Infernape has way more variety with other moves."

Aren't fire attacks just less effective on fire types rather than doing completely no damage?

The AP amp Natsu gets from eating flames is good too. He goes from being practically dead on his feet to being able to knock away one of his (previously stronger than him while Natsu was uninjured) opponent's strongest attacks and then oneshot him.

Edit: The lightning eating amp should be as powerful, since it works the same way.

Back