• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

InFAMOUS: The story of a Low 6-B electric man

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we should change the "Possibly" to "Likely"

Otherwise I think it should stay as is.

So... Is it over? Are we done here?

also bump

I know Gargoyle wanted to talk about some of the Beast's resistances

I also realized that the Beast should probably also get type 2 immortality, as it can live on after having half its head blown off and not regenerating it, so fatal wounds aren't that much of a worry

Hmm.

Yeah, seems good. It's not like he has to worry about organs.

Transmutation should just go, that's for sure.

Barring that, I think some of the profiles for the "fodders" of Infamous are both pretty lackluster and kinda redundant.

Zeke Dunbar, The Reapers (InFAMOUS), and quite a few others have justifications that seem...Wrong.

For one, I'm 99% sure the reapers surviving blasts from Cole are game mechanics same with Zeke

Two, Reapers are 7B+ for being somewhat of a challenge to someone well above a 347 megaton feat

Hmm...

Yeah, I don't think they should scale to casual attacks.

However Zeke did take a multitude of hits from Evil Cole before dying, and survived getting blasted by Kessler.

Yeah, transmutation needs to go

A lot of the Reaper's abilities needs to be double checked, as the Reaper Conduits don't really teleport, they just move super fast (you can even see their outline in game while using Precision).

There's also the issue with the Ray Sphere calc. It was never cleared. The calc team could never come to a conclusion about vaporization, and just kinda left it hanging.

No clue what to say about Zeke. But he does have a lot of durability feats

DMUA said:
Hmm...

Yeah, I don't think they should scale to casual attacks.

However Zeke did take a multitude of hits from Evil Cole before dying, and survived getting blasted by Kessler.
That same scene has Cole getting hurt by a bullet

But Zeke has survived:

Falling into the Empire City River from pretty high up

Getting blasted several dozen feet away by Kessler

Having David grab onto him for a few seconds (he was left slightly vegetablized, but its still something)

Having a giant metal beam fall on him after the Beast got nuked

Having his truck violently flipped over after the Beast tp'd to his location and turned into the black hole and blew up

All of these could warrant street level at the very least I think

So what are the summarised conclusions here?

Well, we've already added most of the stuff talked about here thanks to Kal unlocking the profiles, but right now, we think we should probably downgrade Zeke to have Wall level, scaling from fighting Reapers who can harm him. We'll have to come back to you after a bit more discussion though.

Well, we're mostly done with everything, now were just talking about the finishing touches

Beast should lose his resistance to transmutation, as the justification for it doesn't make sense, but he's gaining immortality type 2 since he can live with half his head missing. This goes to Beast Cole by extension.

No problem. Should we close this thread then?

Okay. I will unsubscribe to this thread then. You can notify me via my message wall when you have reached a conclusion.

I think it was rejected cause Assalt confused the Beast's black hole for an actual black hole (like he did in the Aku vs Beast Cole thread) which isn't the case here as the Beast's black holes aren't actual black holes, we just call them that for simplicity

We have clips of John's black holes absorbing Cole's pure electricity attacks with his black hole, and we know that it breaks down matter and absorbs it (thats how he rebuilt his body at the beginning of inFamous 2), so if he absorbs and breaks down something like electricity, which is composed of subatomic particles like electrons and leptons, then we know he can control matter at the macro-quantic level, and latter repurpose it to rebuild his body.

We also know that he can absorb Cole's rockets, which are electromagnetically bound kinetic charges. Electromagnetic particles are generally considered elementary particles, which is macro-quantic.

Also, we know that John can manipulate Ray Field radiation, which is confirmed to be an actual radiation by Dr. Wolfe. Since its a real radiation, and can cause cancer like disease, than it must be composed of high speed particles, since those are what cause cancer in the first place (basically they shoot "through" your body and knock a few molecules lose, which is what causes abnormalities in cell growth) which is at the very least a sub atomic feat.

Even Cole, before gaining John's powers, could absorb Ionic Charges, which are ions composed of Ray Field energy, and could manipulate them to enhance his powers.

Also, just wanted to ask, should we include Cole's vampire powers? I know they're non-canon, but we could note that in the profile like we do with his evil abilities. Also blah blah indexing site

I'm totally not trying to set up a vampire matchup with Cole or anything

You should probably have something in his base Infamous 2 key "In the non-canon festival of blood DLC, he gains ......"

One does not simply fool me ninge

I was thinking something along the lines of "Intagibility (as a Vampire)" and then a note in the techniques like we do with his ice and fire powers :

Vampire Powers
During the events of the DLC side story "Festival of Blood," Cole is bitten and subsequently turned into a vampire by the had vampire herself, Bloody Mary. As a vampire, Cole gains several new supernatural abilities that further boost his already superhuman skill set. These powers, and Festival of Blood as a whole, are non-canon

Bite: Cole grabs his victim and drains them of their blood

Bat Swarm: Cole transforms into a swarm of bats and flies through the air. He is also seemingly intangible in this mode.

Vampire Sense: Cole now possesses an strange supernatural sense that allows him to see the blood and veins inside of person's body. Extremely helpful for detecting any supernatural abnormalities inside of a person. This also passively warns him of any nearby supernatural enemies, even if they are disguised. Also allows him to see through illusions and read ancient vampiric languages

Theres probably a few more that I'm forgetting, but that's about the jist of it.

You have not the slightest idea of the chaos I am brewing

It was more of a mix of the echo ability from inFamous 1 and John's super senses honestly

Its basically a watered down spidey-sense against supernatural enemies (passively alerts the player to nearby vampires, even those who are transformed into their human disguises), can see through mystical illusions (saw through the vampire's glamour and found a hidden room) and can see things that are mystically hidden, can sense blood, etc, etc

Well for the vamp abilities I personally don't care if you include non-canon, but if other people do you can just make a composite key and add that by itself.

I was just gonna add in anther tab in his abilities/techniques section (similar to the one above) and make a note about how they're non cannon and that the OP should note which version of Cole they're using

Also, wanted to add some more abilities to the Bloody Mary profile:

Power Nullification: After being transformed into a vampire by Mary, Cole lost some of his abilities

Willpower Manipulation: After being turned, Cole was unable to attack Mary, as she was manipulating his will to do so. All of her victims will lose any and all willpower against her come sunrise

Also, don't know why this isn't listed, but she should also get Blood Manipulation for being able to absorb blood and use it as a source of energy/replenishment

She'll also get the powers Vampire Cole has, which are: Intangibility, Resistance to Illusions, etc

However, only Cole will get Resistance to Willpower Manipulation, as he was able to resist Mary bending his will after gaining the Barbed Cross (which ignores durability against supernatural enemies)

Seems good. I'll message Ant to unlock the profiles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back