• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

InFAMOUS: The story of a Low 6-B electric man

Status
Not open for further replies.

DMUA

He/Him
VS Battles
Calculation Group
So yeah. Imma gonna do this.

As shown in these two threads, we've mused about how the Blast Cores seem to have an established multiplier, and if we used them, Cole and gang would make it to Low 6-B. This also buffs the Second Son crew to 6-B.

Of course, The Second Son crew should really be only "Possibly 6-B", as we don't really know if they react to and power up from the blast cores quite like Cole can, as there are a few distinct differences between SS conduits and the original conduits from the first 2 games.

So.... Yeah. Low 6-B Cole. Feels good. It'll feel better if this runs by with no opposition.

No

It's simply far too inconsistent even considering the in verse multiplier stated by the game as there are zero feats anywhere near that level except for the moon feat.

I agree on possibly a High 6C for SS however.

Gargoyle One said:
It's simply far too inconsistent even considering the in verse multiplier stated by the game as there are zero feats anywhere near that level except for the moon feat.

I think you're overestimating the gap between Large Island and Small Country. It's not really that big at all. It's definitely nowhere near the Moon feat.

That said I agree on adding "Possibly" to SS characters, High 7A Possibly High 6C might be more consistent

Like I said on my wall, I'm not that comfortable with the justification, cause while Wolfe did say that Blast Cores powered the Ray Sphere and could power up a Conduit, and they work in similar fashion, the implications of this would put the scaling for inFamous 2 and SS out of whack.

That said, I think "at least Large Isalnd" for inFamous 2 base is best atm, since Cole does get 5 more power boosts after performing the large island feat.

I do genuinely believe SS is better off with at least High 7A possibly High 6C when you consider they're different conduits.

I guess "High 7A, possibly High 6C" is better for the SS crew

Also, and this just occured to me, couldn't we combine the AP for the The Beast's feat and the AP for Cole's storm feat to better judge the AP of Beast Cole? John did transfer his powers onto Cole. It would be 345 gigatons (John's feat) + ~251.43 gigatons (Cole's feat) = 596.43 gigatons, which is Large Island level+ no?

Also, we should probably talk about scaling some of Cole's resistances to Kessler

Probably not, That is calc stacking.

Above that number by a decent amount would be better

Yet again Monkey debunks me.

I concede

I believe we all agreed on the Possibly for SS guys.

... At least I think that's how it works. Someone said that the reason guys like Doomsday aren't multi-solar system for tanking numerous solar system level attacks is because they're still separate, albeit strong, attacks.

But if you combine the power of the attacks into one, then it becomes MSS. Should probably double check with an admin

Sooo, we should probably ask about the combining power thing just to clear it up

Also we should talk about the changes to Kessler's page and new pages, cause there's room for discussion on that one

Although, I'm not sure I get why the Second Son Crew being Possibly Country level throws the scaling off.

They only have that as their best feats, but that doesn't necessarily throw out the idea that they COULD be that high via scaling. It's not like they struggle to do their High 7-A feats, therefore causing a contradiction.

And if that's still not enough for your Matt level pedantics, then we just throw out that idea altogether and leave a note on the bottom about how SS Conduits work differently than Original Conduits, and it's unlikely they respond to Blast Cores the same way, and even if they did, the concept is an outlier to the established feats the SS crew has.

The thing that worries us is that Delsin absorbed something like 20 Blast Cores, and if we take the mass-energy calc, and multiply it by 20, we would only get like ~30 gigatons, which is Island level.

Also, we need to talk about the changes to the inFamous page/s, cause a lot of the calcs being used were never cleared

Oh.

Well, then they'd be Island level, that's that.

Well if you guys are okay with using the Blast Core/Relay mulitpliers, then I guess I'm fine with it, but I'd appreciate some more feedback before deciding on anything.

Second Son is fine where they are. The reason they are is because Cole, in a vastly weakened state due to his fight with The Beast, was able to become Large Island level by absorbing only two Blast Cores. Delsin absorbs 21 (yes, that is the exact number) over the course of Second Son. He should at least be on this level. Not to mention Augustine was described as being the most powerful Conduit ever see, which should at least put her above the likes of Kuo, Nix, and Bertrand, as the government knew about the events of New Marais and those involved.

On regards to Low 6-B, I agree with the upgrade. However, I think it is safe to just put Second Son at plain Low 6-B. Not "possibly 6-B". Just replace their High 6-C with Low 6-B to match Cole.

Anyway, I gotta go, but that's my stand on the matter.

While I can believe Augistine is stronger than Nix and Kuo, I highly doubt she's stronger than The Beast, who's shown to control Ray Field energy and can regen from subatomic destruction, but I digress

Yeah I doubt she's Beast level. Not even in raw power.

I think it's good to keep the previous stats for SS and then add Possibly on them.

Anything else I agree with though. I'm amazed at you guys finding more and more ways to bump up Infamous ovo

That should be a thing that happens.

Jumping tiers trough powerscaling is a thing (as long as it's reasonable and not stuff like "High 6-B for stomping a baseline 6-B")

Just look at Ragyō Kiryüi

@Kal

I know it's a thing if your feat is like an utterly casual 80 megaton feat, although I personally dislike it because it discourages feats.

But Cole doesn't even have a Low 6-B feat to begin with, let alone the 6-B being proposed here. I don't see how jumping two tiers is at all reasonable.

6-B definitely seems too much.

I can see Low 6-B if Cole received 5 big power boosts after performing a 10^21 Joules feat tho.

If it's the 5*10^20 feat, idk

Worth noting Evil Cole has all of Beast's power transferred into him, that does multiply his power.

We're arguing for Low 6B because Cole performed a Large Island level feat after absorbing 2 Blast Cores, which, as I talked about in one of the links, work in a similar way to a Ray Sphere, which was stated to multiply a Conduits power with each use (they actually power said device).

Since Cole performed a Large Island level feat after absorbing 2 Blast Cores, and he absorbs 7 in total, we can take the calculated value and multiply that by 5, and that puts us into borderline Low 6B.

The SS crew gets Low 6B due to them performing a casual Small Island feat, and from a direct statement that Augustine was one of the most powerful Conduits ever seen. Like I said above, I highly doubt she is Beast level, or even RFI Cole level, but she should be stronger than the likes of Kuo and Nix, since the government had some knowledge of their capabilities.

Though I agree 6B is a stretch, especially since the multiplier barely puts them into Low 6B.

@Gar

I don't think that would be a multiplier, I think we could only add Beast's AP + Cole's AP, since they were only stared to combine powers. Assuming John's AP = Cole's AP, it would still leave them both in the Low 6B range, albeit higher than before. That's assuming that's a valid AP boost in the first place.

Well, this is a thing now.

Basically, as Wright was following in my footsteps and wanted to cause immense chaos, Kal pointed out that the inFAMOUS 1 gang are so high into 7-A, and get so many power ups that they are probably High 7-A.

Personally, I think it should only be Kessler and Evil Cole that get this rating, as Evil Cole got his Ray Sphere power up, and Kessler was implied to have been holding back against good Cole due to the fact that he was tired with killing, and that he was just fine fighting Evil Cole, presumably using his full power.

So.

There's been a new development.

Thinking it over, Infamous 1 Cole might be M+ if not High 7A for being>>>>>>>>BoG Cole who performed a 347 megaton feat, and has gained 8 power boosts since then.

Problem is there's zero clue how big these boosts are. But we do know the Ray Sphere multiplies the power of it's user and Evil Cole uses one near the end of Infamous 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back