• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

InFAMOUS possible upgrade

Schnee_One

VS Battles
Retired
Plz don't turn into a downgrade

So apparently, despite the fact that we originally assumed the power boosts amped him up to Low 6B which IMO, was already a stretch, now we possibly have the characters Scaling to 6B based on power core multipliers

Personally, I am against this, Power Cores from my knowledge, do not have a multiplier to them, simply amp his power

Discuss.

Wait hang on

Oh heck that is Country level

Well from what I can gather it's the Ray Sphere that gives the multiplier/power boost, and the Blast Cores are the things that are the core of the Sphere and were originally meant to refuel them, and they utilize Ray Field radiation, the thing that is released during a Ray Sphere detonation. The Cores are the fuel for the Sphere.

Cole also notes that he gets stronger from every Blast Core absorbed.

So yeah.

The mulitpliers were gotten from the "Twice as strong" statement which is basically saying it's 2x, so, times 2 times 2 times 2 times 2 times 2 for all the five cores after the initial 2, resulting in 8 Teratons.

They do relatively the same thing when you use them though.

oh nooooooooooooo I won't ever get to be torn into two pieces by characters I like whatever shall I do

I'll remain neutral on the multiplier thing, but I still think that they should be borderline low 6B given from what we know

Cole creates a 251 gigaton storm with Ionic Vortex just after absorbing the second Blast Core, and can do the same thing casually after absorbing the other 5 (Cole notes how absorbing like 3 that he feels that he is almost ready to power the RFI, and after absorbing all 7, he stated that he felt confident to rematch the Beast by himself, and he did just that, he even fought off Kuo at the same time, who is compatible to to his base form).

He also gets stronger throughout the game by stressing his reactive evolution (Kuo explains that he can unlock new powers and improve upon his abilities by stressing his body, and Cole notes how he feels stronger after mixing it up while fighting the Militia), and potentially by charging up all those substations (he doesn't get any new powers like he did in the first game, but it should still function the same)

John's 350 gigaton blast was just a byproduct of him transferring his powers and then then letting himself die, so I'd imagine that a focused/bloodlusted attack would warrant a higher rating

There's also the Empire City blast that John performed, but we haven't got a calc of that yet since its nearly impossible to determine where in the US Empire City is (though I heard it was somewhere between Boston and New York)

So given that his storm feat can later be down rather casually, and he gets several power boosts throughout the game, and John has one unintentional large island feat and another feat that may be of equal or greater power, I think saying Cole and co are borderline low 6B isn't a stretch.

I'll just say this again:

"But the RSB Multiplied it by 2, so if the blast cores work the same, they should be 5 instances of 2x powerups.

And if they don't work like that, they can't be quanfied, so....."

If we don't want to use multipliers like this, then we should only really have it be High 6-C+ like with how we rate the first game.

Blast Cores are vastly weaker then the Ray Sphere tho

They are literally parts of it.

DMUA said:
If we don't want to use multipliers like this, then we should only really have it be High 6-C+ like with how we rate the first game.

The gap is much smaller between the two tiers and the fact that he was absorbing power Cores over just charging himself with electricity

Ah. Okay.

Buy, could a possibly 6-B rating be a good compromise?

No

Already is a streth putting him to Low 6B, 6B without a multiplier is out of the question

There's also the fact that Cole was charging up substations, collecting Blast Shards and fight in between each Core absorption, so them being borderline low 6B isn't too far fetched.

Though arguably Beast and RFI Cole would be above baseline by an unknown amount, but still nowhere near full on 6B

I mean we can't confirm the multiplex so giving them specific numeric values is really pushing it.

Though we can say with certainly that Beast Cole and RFI Cole stomp baselines

Though I wish we could calculate the Beast's Empire City blast, cause I have a gut feeling it could produce something good.

Didn't Cole essentially render all of his Substation power ups useless when he overtaxed and broke his abilities?

It was stated that Blast Cores alone could also make a Conduit, so it shouldn't be vastly inferior. Also, here's the evidence that they do power it, or did anyway.

Source.

I don't think it was implied that they were useless, he just had to regain them through Blast Cores (plus he still had some powers that he originally unlocked through substations such as Static Thrusters)

That much is true, it's the main reason why Vermaak 88 wanted the Blast Cores because they wanted to become "Whole Conduits" but it's still unknown if they give the same multiplier.

Which Dead Drop are you referring to?

Ok.

My point is more that it wouldn't be vastly inferior. Hell, even since it powers, or powered the RFI/Ray Spheres it wouldn't be that far inferior.

Both.

You may actually have a point there. The Blast Cores were literally the core of the Ray Sphere, and powered it as well. The Ray Sphere could release blasts that could obliterate and partially vaporize multiple city blocks, a feat that has been calculated anywhere between Town level to City level.

Cole absorbs the energy of the Core, the thing that produced enough power to obliterate part of Empire Ciry, into his body. He does this 7 times...

At what minute though? The video you linked doesn't take me to anywhere specific.

Oh, sorry that was an accident.

Edit: I did link it, I guess it isn't working for you. Anyway, 18m 5s.

Speaking of that calc. It says it smashed 6 city blocks, and its shown to vaporize a crater.

My point there is that it didn't even vaporise 1. The crater vaporised doesn't cover the 5 - 6 blocks.

Actually, hang on

If we're treating the cores as a 5x multiplier in total, then that would mean each is 1x which... Isn't an increase.

And kinda just generally

Makes no sense

Back