• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Infamous downgrades 2: Electric depression with no bogalooing in sight

DMUA

He/Him
VS Battles
Calculation Group
The only way to properly open this thread is to quote a very horribly aged comment I made a few months ago

As a man once said....

-Thread:2498518#163, 21:12, May 16, 2019

Lightning Math
Has been torn into so many pieces that it's not even funny

Just ignoring the fact that the very idea of the math being applicable is questionable, recalcing with newer standards is even lower then the RSB that we originally scaled to

So everyone's going to At least 7-B for the reasons they did the last time I was here, pretty cut and dry.

Lifting Strength
Our current lifting strength values for inFAMOUS are a little bit wanked. We have Alden Tate's magnet powers at Class G for messing with a bridge, but...

• He didn't move the entire bridge at once, he tore it apart piece by piece and such, but he didn't like, lift the whole thing and turn it into his giant mecha
  • Even the Golden Gate bridge is only something like 20,000,000 Kilograms, Class M
And, on the Second Son end, we're scaling them to Class G cause... they're stronger than basic conduits despite being completely different, I think?

Ultimately it's a bit messy, but this cleans the mess

Alden goes to Class 25 for using his golem thing, EOG Cole is Class 50 for being a bit stronger, Second Son is probably like Class 10 because Augustine's thing is something like that size

I dunno, we may need to find better feats on the Second Son end to work with, I'm sure there's something that completely flew over my head

InFAMOUS 2 would go to Class 100, considering Cole is able to wrestle out of the beast's grip and is generally comparable to him, double power for Beast Cole

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Hanghhhh. I agree with the first part. <s> damn science running everything

I'll wait for more opinions on the second at least, but it looks pretty solid too.

yes, but actually no considering infamous is getting downgraded way below Fate's paygrade now

But DMUA, you are the smarterest like, evah!!

I see. That may sadly really affect some calcs I would have wanted for a verse. But its about powering up a whole storm for about 4 hours, there's more than the lightning so it should still be alright hopefully

Yeah, pretty much agree with everything here. Sad day for inFamous 1 guys.

Although, could we calc the Beast throwing that giant metal statue across Empire City? It seems pretty good. Although, I don't think it scales to Cole physically since he never broke out of John's grasp via lifting strength, only by blasting him with lightning.

Still looking for a better feat for the SS crew. Though they should scale to the infamous 2 guys.

wait he did threw a statue? that would be pretty good

They don't though, considering they don't have any feats on their actual level and the blast core scaling was debunked by them behaving differently between Cole and Delsin

You can see the statue at 00:50 and at 2:00 John tosses the top half of the statue from the middle of the Neon District to the Docks. Though, keep in mind that the statue is actually hollow.

You can also see said statue in the first game as well.

I thought they'd scale due to statements that they were strong even by inFanous 2 standards? Or are we not using that anymore?

I don't remember any statements whatsoever about them being described as strong

And they're High 7-A as opposed to High 6-C

That said, the statue could be worth something, but I feel like it would get around or lower than just The Beast being a big ol lava monster, if we could even measure the thing

We already talked about that one, it's unknown if the speaker actually saw any of the inFAMOUS 2 cast or if he was talking about the Second Son conduits, which have shown plenty of different traits

Might throw it on then, if I don't immediately forget

The speaker was literally just some random guy on the DUP. Gven how he wholeheartedly believed the DUP's message at first, the odds of him having actually seen or met Cole and his crew are slim.

The only thing that will actually survive from my memory is Yujiro standing in lightning

And there we goes Sigurd vs Cole match lel

Why Infamous calc so inconsistent? Like upgrade then downgrade, then upgrade, and so on

Because much like Cole MacGrath, the life of an inFamous fan is suffering

Also because our verse relies on storms and lighting calcs, both of which have been revised to hell and back the past 3 years

Alright I tried to get a grasp on the statue yeeting and

Yeah nothing really came of it, I think it's better to just run with the numbers we do have at our disposal

as long as the calc actually gets approved

Damn, and the statue feat looked really cool. Oh well.

Hopefully someone evaluated it soon so we can do all the revsisions one go.

Veloxt1r0kore said:
And there we goes Sigurd vs Cole match lel

Why Infamous calc so inconsistent? Like upgrade then downgrade, then upgrade, and so on
It's not, it's just the wiki's standards constantly change

Alright, I finally got a bro to evalute the calcs, if there are no more issues, downgrades should ensue

InFAMOUS 1 goes to City level, with Evil Cole being mountain level, and their electromagnetic lifting strength is downgraded to Class 50 (Class 100 for Evil Cole)

InFAMOUS 2 has The Beast downgraded to Class K, and the rest of the cast, being clearly physically weaker considering he can get a grip on Cole that he has to blast his way out of, so everyone else like, maybe goes to Class 100 for being significantly stronger than Evil Cole, maybe?

Or, better yet, we could just apply core multipliers like we used to, now that I remember

He gets 7 blast cores throughout the game, right? So, 23907.6903553 times 2^7 would be a total lifting strength of 3060184.36548 Kilograms, Class M

but then again he was a bit depowered by that point, so it's not too reliable to just slap that onto everyone

Maybe just At least Class 50 it is?

At least class 50 sounds good to me

Also yeah, no one except Beast Cole and maybe RFI Cole scale to John's lifting strength.

Not sure how to handle Blast Core scaling. Didn't we agree to not use it last time or am i misremembering it?

We agreed to use it, we just haven't for over a year because Cole only goes to High 6-C in his final key

But in retrospect it isn't a super linear multiplier if he's going from only like 7-B to High 6-C with a 128x boost

Well the thing is that inFamous 2 Cole starts off as stronger than inFamous 1, gets debuffed by the Beast, and then has to spend the rest of the game trying to collect macguffins to get stronger.

So not sure how to handle scaling

I dunno in the end

Actually, now that I really think about it, is the RSB multiplier even that valid?

We know it increases strength, and we hear from Cole who kinda knows how it works that it would make him twice as strong

But that isn't really stated like, anywhere else, and is contradicted by the similarly functioning Blast Cores giving a clearly higher boost. Even in game, it doesn't literally give twice the energy value, so like

It feels like it's only basis is a statement that has no real basis to it

Back