• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Improving contents of Powers & Abilities pages

Please elaborate regarding what you have in mind.
What I'm trying to say is that this power is something that is entirely out of Time Manipulation but falls under that category. When I compared it to Animated Shadow, I was talking about the fact that this power is Time or Perception Manipulation and AD is Darkness Manipulation, not even when the shadow isn't always "made of darkness".

for the record, I am still on this thread, I simply don't have a lot of useful insight into matters such as whether one image serves better than another. If something important happens, I am here.

Okay. Thank you. I greatly appreciate that you are being reliable and helping out in general.

I agree that using just a plain image of Franklin Richards does absolutely nothing to show what Pocket Realities are.

In order to replace the image, we need to have a picture of someone actually creating at least one pocket reality, if not more, and unfortunately, I'm not entirely sure who or what would be able to qualify. I'll keep brainstorming, but it would probably be faster if someone else came up with an idea.

Boy, that's one ugly kid.

I suppose this one could work. What does everyone else think?

As long as we make sure to properly explain that there is a pocket reality in that ball, it should be fine. Again, I wonder what everyone else thinks about it.

Maybe Oliver's image works better as a visual depiction of it (which is damn difficult to represent with a single image or gjf).

Well, Washu of Tenchi Muyo once created a pocket universe as a science experiment, and was shown with it beside her, but Franklin's Heroes Reborn ball is much more iconic.

Last edited:
Would somebody be willing to render that image?

Well, Washu of Tenchi Muyo once created a pocket universe as a science experiment, and was shown with it beside her, but Franklin's Heroes Reborn ball is much more iconic.
My doubt was that it would be mostly based on the caption explaining that the ball is a pocket reality, despite the image not showing said reality. It would be like placing an image of Rick's car and explain that the engine contains a series of pocket universes one inside of the other.

We could also use a rendered version of the following image, as Franklin created a pocket universe inside of his ball that he sent his parents and others to during the "Heroes Reborn" event.

@The_Divine_Phoenix @Colonel_Krukov @ZackMoon1234

Would any of you be willing to render this image so it only shows Franklin (the child) and his pocket universe-containing ball? We would appreciate the help.

My doubt was that it would be mostly based on the caption explaining that the ball is a pocket reality, despite the image not showing said reality. It would be like placing an image of Rick's car and explain that the engine contains a series of pocket universes one inside of the other.
It is the most iconic example that we have available, and the image itself looks nice enough, so I think that it is probably fine.

I feel like we should alter Broadway Force's summary for one it spends about a third of it's space talking about other powers and I think it miss a large portion of the powers it often gives it, like allowing characters get to place they couldn't get to otherwise, alter the area around them, summon people, animals, plants, and objects, lets them put instruments out of nowhere or have others produce them, produce spotlight like beams or cover areas with darkness, produce sounds that have no source.

Also the category for characters with it is named Broadway Force Characters unlike most which calls them users.

I can probably render it tomorrow/another day, depending on how I feel, if no one renders it immediately.

Yeah, as it was said before, the new image for Pocket Reality Manipulation holds about the same issues as the previous one, aka, it's just a character with the power being shown, but it isn't shown in a way that can be directly understood, as it's expected to be understood by reading, when a picture is meant to be a visual example, rather than requiring checking the context for it to be an example.
So I would like to ask if a more direct case could be found.
Also, I would like to remember that the page doesn't explain what a Pocket Reality is (and the criteria to qualify as one) while we are on that.

Well, the ball is the pocket universe, and it is shown.

Yes, it is an example and all, but it isn't one that can be directly taken visually, as it requires reading the context mentioned below for it to act as one, which is not much different from before in terms of it being a visual display of the power.

I think the "mini-galaxy" picture that was shown before acts as a better display of the power.

Well, the mini galaxy picture was quite ugly and awkward i.m.h.o., if you mean the one with Franklin.

I can understand that picture just not being up your taste, but it does reflect the power in question better for our visitors to understand, but I'm open for any better examples.

I personally think that the current image is better, but if somebody finds a more to the point and sufficiently good looking example, we can replace it.

It is arguably better, but it relies too much on text to be a proper visual example, then again, it can't get much more direct, so I would be fine with that picture being used so long it's cropped a bit so only the left part is showcased to avoid unecessary clutter.

Here is a cropped version:

Well, I personally think that the currently used image looks better, but that's me.

See, I actually like the newly proposed one over the one Ant suggested for one reason.

Unlike the former picture, this comic clipping actually does a good job explaining what Franklin is actually doing, which is creating a pocket reality that everyone is inside of. The other one just looked like a kid holding a ball, with an explanation underneath stating that the ball is actually a pocket reality.

Suffice to say, I approve of the new picture, hands down.

Back