• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Important: The discussion topics organisation

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Rebuble

If you're done with that one, then maybe you can work on Quote next, because of the double meaning people derive from that.

Also, I'm fairly sure Ba may have some unnessecary threads in it as well, so that should be looked at afterwards.

Starter Pack said:
Also, I'm fairly sure Ba may have some unnessecary threads in it as well, so that should be looked at afterwards.
Took care of that, alongside Quote, Cancer Deathmask & CaW's Cancer profile.

However, Not Important's got 5 pages of threads, so I'll need some help with that one.

I would appreciate if Tiering System, Attack Potency, and other statistics page threads that do not actually talk about the natures of the pages in question, and simply discuss regular character content revisions, have those topics removed as well, but here is likely a very considerable amount of them.

I usually just add topics to the threads with no topics whenever I come across them. Now, I'll also make sure to check the topics of all the threads I'm visiting and correct them if they are wrong.

Antvasima said:
Maybe I could ask the Fandom staff to only let auto-confirmed accounts that have been registered for 6 months or more add or remove discussion topics? That might work.
So what do the rest of you think about this suggestion?

A poll is not a good solution.

Antvasima said:
Antvasima said:
Maybe I could ask the Fandom staff to only let auto-confirmed accounts that have been registered for 6 months or more add or remove discussion topics? That might work.
I think this solution can works

My Kirby discussion thread is in "Not important"?! Why? Who did that? i would never put a Kirby thread as "not important" i put "Kirby (universe)" and done.

Antvasima said:
Just add/remove them from already existing threads or also also add them to threads they create?

In the latter case I am not so sure about it. 6 months are a long time and people would want to start working on the wiki when joining. Not being able to add the proper topics to their threads means Content Revision Threads from new users would go unnoticed. Same goes for vs-matches, which may technically not be much of a problem, but doesn't promote new people staying around.

I think we have not really tried moderating the topics up to this point. I would suggest waiting a few weeks, in which we have an eye on it being done properly and pointing it out to people to make sure everyone knows that we are less liberal with the topics now. If the problem remains then we can still consider that step.

(If it's the former case I'm ok with it.)

Should "Not Important" really be left alone, though? It's a completely irrelevant character page that barely gets into any fights, indeed a non-important page that's nice to have in order to link random posts to it. Shouldn't posts that are kinda "fun and games" have the right to their own topic? That's also "organization", to some degree. Characters are already being almost solely used for the right purposes. I suppose what should be done is really, uh, restrict relevant topics to relevant topics, I guess.

That's all, really. Aside from the "Not Important" thingie, I fully agree with the OP.

Ill make my contribution by not putting unrelated topics to threads and agree with the OP and Mand21, i hope everyone does the same and stop this, remember, the order in this wiki is not the work of one, but all our work, staff or not, admin or normal user, its our responsibility to mantain this wiki good, comfortable and organized.

DontTalkDT said:
Just add/remove them from already existing threads or also add them to threads they create?
The former preferably, but I do not know if such specific restrictions are possible.

I can take an hour or two today to maybe clear out the Fun and Games threads from one of those pages.

Should I also remove stuff like "Powerscaling" and "Tiering System" from verse-specific CRTs that aren't trying to do anything with the main pages?

And should we keep verse pages on VS Threads?

@Dargoo

Thank you for the help.

It is inappropriate that the Tiering System and Powerscaling pages are used as topics for the verse-specific content revision threads that have nothing to do with the main pages, yes.

After listening to Kaltias, I think that the verse pages can probably remain as topics in the VS threads.

Ok, so, only use a topic when refering directly to it no? Not put It in the topic even if its related.

I agree

Pretty much, yes. I tried to explain in the first post.

Antvasima said:
@MrKingOfNegativity
Well, it was just an example. The greater problem is that we have an overload of inappropriate topics added to a massive number of discussion threads.
My point was more that (I'm pretty sure) the trend of adding inappropriate topics wasn't really even a thing among regular users until me and some others started doing it, and that it wasn't my intention for it to go on for this long.

But, staying on-topic, I can help remove some of the extra/unrelated topics whenever I find them. I actually have some time to myself today, so I can set off doing that in a little bit. I know of a few different pages who probably have a massive number of extra threads on them for no reason, thanks to this.

I'll see what I can do about removing any unwarranted topics in threads. I've always seen them as just confusing rather than a super serious problem personally, but I'll do what I can to help.

This Also means we should remove "speedblitz" "stomp thread" and "spite thread" from any "X character tries to solo your verse"?

@MrKingOfNegativity & CinnabarManx421

Thank you for the help.

@Kirby71

That is correct, yes.

I also will try remove any unwarranted topics in threads when I come across them, to help.

Removed pretty much every thread with Pain as its topic, as well as like two characters whose names start with Pain and probably a chunk of the fungus threads.

Not Important but

How will we find continuations of F&G threads like Out of Context and such like? What topics will we use for those?

TacticalNuke002 said:
Not Important but
How will we find continuations of F&G threads like Out of Context and such like? What topics will we use for those?
Pretty sure that simply searching them on the F&G boards and posting the links to threads' continuation on the finished one help.

I think that Bobsican started a thread for suggestions of appropriate Fun & Games topics. Perhaps I can then ask the Fandom staff if they are able to add them as options.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back